Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Non traditional father daughter dance

So I have an odd situation. My fiance and I have been together since I was 14 My fiance's parents took me in since my parents were out of the picture. My brother will be walking me down the isle but I want to do the father daughter dance with my fiance's father since I feel I want to honor him and thank him in some way. I can't find any songs that work for this situation and would appreciate some suggestions!

Re: Non traditional father daughter dance

• My H and I danced with our parents at the same time, and we used John Lennon's version of Stand By Me. 
  • You've got a friend in me?

• We did a combined parents' dance to "you'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan.  Might be fitting for you, since Tarzan's mom technically "adopted" him, and there's nothing specific in the song that states it's a birth parent singing to their child.
  • I know it's pretty common but 'My Wish' by Rascal Flatts has some beautiful lyrics that would fit your situation
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Like some PP my father and I danced at the same time as my H and his stepmother (less time holding guests hostage  ;) ).  We all danced to "What a wonderful world".  Short and a nice message.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We also did a combined Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. Nice song, and the lyrics are pretty open regarding who the message is for.