Wedding Reception Forum

Places to purchase decor...

My colors will include something along the lines of gray/silver. Already purchased really pretty mercury glass votives for a great price b/c they were cheaper than it would have cost me to rent! :smiley: Anyone know of a good website for other decor? Centerpiece vases, etc... 

Re: Places to purchase decor...

• Not a website, but if you live in the US, I'd check out craft stores like Michael's and Joann Fabric periodically for their clearance sections, and/or use those 40%/50% off coupons to stock up on votive candles.  When is your wedding?  After-Christmas sales would be an excellent time to stock up on silver items--not so helpful if you're getting married before that, though.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Also not a website but Party City has lots of accessories arranged by color.  Ditto Michael's (and their coupons!) and I always have good luck at Homegoods- around the holidays (so starting in October probably) there will be lots of silver accents and decor.  All three of these stores are inexpensive.
  • Ditto PPs that Michaels is a great place to look. Also try Amazon & IKEA. I got glass cylinder vases and unscented floating candles for a great deal off Amazon. And lanterns with unscented votives from IKEA. 
  • These are all great ideas! Thank you!
  • Hobby Lobby, Oriental Trading Company,  and the Dollar Store have great finds as well.  We purchased all frames (for table numbers and miscellaneous signage) at The Dollar Store.  My daughter was looking for inexpensive, and hard to find 3 photo collage frames, and found them there.   Online you can buy in bulk from the Dollar Store. 

If you are looking for candles, Candles4less and 100candles are great websites. 
  • If you're on Facebook, there are wedding resale groups, or you can try Craigslist or even Freecycle.
  • I got a lot of stuff off Craigslist, there were a ton of people selling their wedding decorations by the bundle or individual items. You can also check Michael's, Joann's, AC Moore (they all also honor each other's percent off coupons). I bought a few things from Save On Crafts online and had no issues with anything, but read a few negative reviews about them too. Depending how crafty you are, check thrift stores, yard sales, repurpose things. 
  • I got a lot of stuff off Craigslist, there were a ton of people selling their wedding decorations by the bundle or individual items. You can also check Michael's, Joann's, AC Moore (they all also honor each other's percent off coupons). I bought a few things from Save On Crafts online and had no issues with anything, but read a few negative reviews about them too. Depending how crafty you are, check thrift stores, yard sales, repurpose things. 
    Thank you! I was trying to remember the name of that website. We bought votive candle holders and candles from them for DD's wedding. They were super cheap. We had a little bit of a delivery problem but we ordered early enough that they were here in plenty of time.
  • bookmaiden17_bookmaiden17_ member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2017
    I joined a bunch of wedding resale sites on Facebook and some non wedding related for sale pages. I found a post from someone selling the fake sunflowers from her wedding and ended up buying a lot of my decorations from her. 

Edited for spelling
  • these are all super ideas ladies! thank you! I've already joined a bunch of facebook groups and will be keeping an eye out for stuff!
  • Late to the party but I want to second (third) Save on Crafts dotcom. I got might glass candle holders there for less than I could find locally, helps if you buy in bulk. It also saved me Hours of searching and driving around to pick them up.