Wedding Reception Forum

Signature Drink Name

Hello! We will be doing a Malibu Bay Breeze as our Signature Drink.  I have been trying to think of a good name but I am stuck! I preferably wanted something Australian Inspired because he proposed while traveling in Sydney.  Any Ideas? The only thing I have come up with is "Love in the Outback"

Re: Signature Drink Name

• Whatever you name the drink, I would have a sign at the bar that describes what's in it so the bartender isn't repeating "it's rum, cranberry and pineapple" All. Night. Long. and waiting for people to make a decision. And make the sign big enough so people can see it from the #2 or 3 spot in line so they get to the bar ready to order. It will prevent long lines. 

That said:
    G'Day Mates for Life
    Sydney Harbour Sipper
    Harbour Bridge Breeze
    Bondi Beach Breeze
    *********************************************************************************

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    To be honest, a signature drink name is not going to be something people are going to remember. If the drink is normally called a Malibu Bay Breeze, then that's what people are going to call it regardless of the label you give it at your reception.

I would look for another way to showcase Australia as your theme.

Edited to add: Regardless of what you call it, I agree with @southernbelle0915 that you need to have some kind of sign or menu that describes the ingredients.
  • Personally, I hate cutsey names for drinks.  Just call it what it is.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Another vote for calling it by the official name. I was at a wedding where it wasn't clear what was in it and the bartender was really busy so I got a glass of wine instead. I found out later what was in it and would have loved to try it. Either way, have a large sign letting people know what is in it.
  • I'm a teetotaler - and my vote is also "Just call it what it is!!!"