Wedding Invitations & Paper

Direction Card Question

Hello,

Quick question for everyone. Are direction cards necessary? I feel like EVERYONE has GPS on their phone. I'm sure it's something to do out of courtesy especially for out of town guests but I feel like they would be just fine with their own GPS.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Y'all!

Re: Direction Card Question

• Hello,

Quick question for everyone. Are direction cards necessary? I feel like EVERYONE has GPS on their phone. I'm sure it's something to do out of courtesy especially for out of town guests but I feel like they would be just fine with their own GPS.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Y'all!
    I think it depends on your demographic. If you have a lot of older guests who aren't as tech saavy or used to using GPS, it would be a nice gesture. 

If most of your guests are young and used to using GPS, it doesn't seem necessary. And if there's someone you're really worried about not being able to find the place (like grandma or a great aunt), you can print off a map and mail it to them or ask a relative to help them get there. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks for the feedback! It's nice to hear what others think. I will take all your thoughts into consideration.
  • Ditto PP that it would depend on the majority of guests. I know a lot of older folks probably like to have it, where younger people either use a car GPS or Waze.
  • Ditto PPs. You know your crowd. Are they mostly young and tech savvy? Then I would skip it or only provide it to the older guests/people you know who would want it. I just went to a wedding where the demographic was older. People wanted printed directions. The bride and groom brought a few to the ceremony site and handed them out after the ceremony. 

• Daughter had xerox copies of directions available at her church ceremony to anyone who wanted them.  Cheap and practical.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • They're not totally necessary, but appreciated if you have older guests who might not use GPS. My mom thought we needed them, but I didn't want to waste the extra paper, so I had links to Google maps on our website from the hotel area to the venue so that people could look at the route ahead of time. I don't know if anyone did, but it took only a few minutes to put them up there so it wasn't a big deal.
  • We included maps in our invitations because all of H's family was from OOT and many were older. We printed them at home for the cost was minimal, but if you have a younger crowd or are all/most in town you probably don't need them. 

ETA: Unless you're in an area with spotty cell coverage, or where the address is difficult to find. Then have directions. 
    YES this. We went to a wedding recently where the address to the parking lot was different than the address if you entered the venue name. This would have been good to know, because we totally parked in the wrong place.
  • This is so helpful! I really appreciate the feedback. :) I will definitely be posting something to our wedding website. These are all great things to consider.