Wedding Woes

Bonus: Feelin' my crush...a lot

Dear Jane!

Missin’ the beauty columns, but also lovin’ the advice. Anyway—here’s my issue in the hopes of getting it out of my damn head. I’m largely introverted and completely fine with that. I also don’t experience much romantic or sexual attraction. Also fine. But last Friday I went for some impromptu drinks witht two coworkers, and three of coworker A’s friends.

We all spent about six hours or so drinking and bowling and karaoke-ing. I got along very well with one of my coworker’s friends. Similar sense of humor, good connection, joking about things being “third date activities.” We ended up kissing several times that night, and I suggested we swap numbers. ‘Cause of Apple being a jerk, my text to his Android phone didn’t come through when I sent a quick “here’s my number text” a few hours before we parted. I texted Monday but with no response I was like... maybe it’s Apple again? ‘Cause Apple’s a jerk? So I sent a quick Whatsapp.

He says he’s busy for the next few months, and that’s fine! I’m honestly not bothered about not dating him. But I’m rabidly sexually attracted to this guy. I want to sleep with him. He pulled my hair while we were kissing in a way that, y’know, ignited my loins. I want to fuck him! I might see this guy tonight. Might see him at a barbeque next weekend. I kind of want to apologize for being so full-on, but I also kind of want to drag him into a backroom and, well, you know where that’s going.

Jane! What do I do!

Much love xoxoxo,

Lamentfully Lustful

Re: Bonus: Feelin' my crush...a lot

• It's nice that it sounds like the LW might see this guy again anyway.  I'd play it by ear and see how he reacts to her, the next time they meet.  If he's a cold and impersonal fish, I just let it drop.

But if he's at least a bit flirty and friendly again, I think she should "not so subtly" let her intentions be known.  Like, "I know you said you are pretty busy for the next few months, but I'm hoping we can get together for an occasional night here and there."  Said with a "come hither" look and slight emphasis on the word "night".

She should also check with her coworker if the guy has a wife or g/f.  That might have been why he wasn't nearly as interested in the sober light of day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So for me, co-workers are off limits. And their close friends are basically off limits as well. Especially as fuck buddies.

My career and being viewed professionally > roll in the sheets.
    *********************************************************************************