Nevada-Las Vegas

Where to stay if having a reception in a suite

So im planning our Vegas wedding for a possible ceremony at one hotel ( Caesars or Wynn) and then the reception at another hotel ( Cosmopolitan or MGM terrace Suite). I realized most hotels give a deal on the room for usually at least one night if you have your ceremony at their hotel. But i was wondering if anyone has ended up or planning on staying at the larger suite or villa that they are having the reception at instead? Since i would be paying for the night i figured anyways? Would this be a better option? Thanks!!

Re: Where to stay if having a reception in a suite

• I guess I assumed everyone stays at the suite they are having the reception in. We have ours for two nights and my fiancé and I are staying in the suite both nights.
  • We stayed at the MGM Grand in a Tower Spa suite, and had the Skyline Terrace suite for only one night (ceremony/reception). We did end up spending the night at the Skyline Terrace, since we spent the money on it (we just had two hotel rooms in my name for the night, no big deal!) I see no reason why you couldn't do two different hotels, but you'll probably want to rest your head wherever your reception is!