Chit Chat

Are Threads Getting Deleted Again?

So a poster (def not a regular) messaged me to edit one of my comments where I quoted her username. I checked her posting history and when I click on Discussions it says 1, but then nothing comes up. Maybe TK is being wonky, but since there was some shadiness a while back about deleting threads when people complained I was curious if this was happening again. 

Re: Are Threads Getting Deleted Again?

• So a poster (def not a regular) messaged me to edit one of my comments where I quoted her username. I checked her posting history and when I click on Discussions it says 1, but then nothing comes up. Maybe TK is being wonky, but since there was some shadiness a while back about deleting threads when people complained I was curious if this was happening again. 

Sometimes I get curious when a poster comments (or shows up in the sidebar with a billion points because they signed in for the first time in 9 years) to see if they actually posted anything. I have gotten that error a good number of times. I think it's just TK's hyperlinking being stupid and glitchy, not that they've changed policy back to deleting content upon request. So the threads are probably there, but it's hard to find them from the poster's profile page.
  • So now I know one just went missing on th Invites board; what gives @KnotRiley?
  • Are we now at the point where people can complain and the threads get deleted again?? 
  • banana468 said:
    Are we now at the point where people can complain and the threads get deleted again?? 
    Seems like it. 
  • banana468 said:
    Are we now at the point where people can complain and the threads get deleted again?? 
    Seems like it. 
    Well I don't like it so I'm going into complain and see if this one can be deleted. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    Seems like it. 
    Well I don't like it so I'm going into complain and see if this one can be deleted. 
    I think that is obviously the best course of action. 
  • edited September 2017
    So now I know one just went missing on th Invites board; what gives @KnotRiley?
    On the I & P board: The poster you're referring to had her account deleted by an administrator, not me.  When accounts are deleted, threads that are started by 'deleted user' automatically disappear. We try not to advertise this because we don't want people deleting accounts just so their threads disappear. KWIM? 

ETA - other comments, if a  'deleted poster' participated in threads started by other posters, remain, but SN is replaced by 'deleted user.' Hope that makes sense.

• So now I know one just went missing on th Invites board; what gives @KnotRiley?
    On the I & P board: The poster you're referring to had her account deleted by an administrator, not me.  When accounts are deleted, threads that are started by 'deleted user' automatically disappear. We try not to advertise this because we don't want people deleting accounts just so their threads disappear. KWIM? 

ETA - other comments, if a  'deleted poster' participated in threads started by other posters, remain, but SN is replaced by 'deleted user.' Hope that makes sense.

Apparently, I am wrong. I have found other threads that have been started by deleted users and remain. So, sorry, I have no clue why the threads were deleted. 

• So, threads are getting deleted again? Is @KnotRiley still around?
  • edited September 2017
    It seems like @KnotHolly is the one who responds lately.