Not Engaged Yet

The Cat is Out of the Bag

Hey everyone!! I'm new to posting on the boards but I have been lurking for awhile and feel it's time to jump into the pool. My BF and I have been together 2 years next week, we are going on a cruise next week to celebrate with my parents (yup fingers crossed with the weather). We are also going on a longer and more elaborate cruise in February over my birthday. I didn't think anything about engagement until recently when he started hinting at the idea, asking me how I felt our relationship was going/heading/etc. Obviously we talk about a future together, and we both have envisioned that future since about a year into our relationship. We both just knew we wanted to take it slow as I am divorced, its been awhile, and I have kids so we wanted to take our time and make sure that we are a fantastic fit to become a whole family and not put my poor kids through another divorce. Luckily, my kids were 1 and 3 when my ex-husband and I divorced so they don't remember the situation at all and for that I'm grateful, my ex is the one who has had difficulties with relationships and my BF and myself have more than often, had to console the kids and let them know that BF and myself were happy together and happier with them in our lives and home.  We both work away from home (aviation) so we have a lot of time to be home alone, therefore, we are great at planning surprises. These surprises usually come in the form of wine from my favorite winery, dinner and his favorite craft brew for him or a surprise trip for the 4 of us to somewhere totally random. I came home from my last trip and he was already asleep, it was like 3am (thanks weather delays). I went into the hallway bathroom to change/wash my face/get ready for bed, this way I didn't wake him up in the middle of the night. I was walking to the bathroom and noticed a couple of magazines on top of our laundry room closet (it's adjacent to our hall bath). We are both very picky about where things go and I picked up the magazines to bring them downstairs to the magazine basket. I was happily surprised to see they are magazines from several jewelers with marks by certain engagement rings. I put them back and didn't say anything because I don't want him to know I found them (even though they are in somewhat plain sight). I'm very excited to see which ring he picks out and when he will propose. He also went out with his friends a couple of nights ago and called me when he got home and basically said he was shopping (lol hello drunk dials, I thought we were past this?). Anyway, I just wanted to say HI!! I am thrilled to be in this anticipation time period and won't start planning anything until he actually proposes, but I do know from watching "Say Yes to the Dress" that I want to look into Hayley Paige dresses. That's all at this point though...now its time for one of the most wonderful waiting games. 

Re: The Cat is Out of the Bag

• Hey everyone!! I'm new to posting on the boards but I have been lurking for awhile and feel it's time to jump into the pool. My BF and I have been together 2 years next week, we are going on a cruise next week to celebrate with my parents (yup fingers crossed with the weather). We are also going on a longer and more elaborate cruise in February over my birthday. I didn't think anything about engagement until recently when he started hinting at the idea, asking me how I felt our relationship was going/heading/etc. Obviously we talk about a future together, and we both have envisioned that future since about a year into our relationship. We both just knew we wanted to take it slow as I am divorced, its been awhile, and I have kids so we wanted to take our time and make sure that we are a fantastic fit to become a whole family and not put my poor kids through another divorce. Luckily, my kids were 1 and 3 when my ex-husband and I divorced so they don't remember the situation at all and for that I'm grateful, my ex is the one who has had difficulties with relationships and my BF and myself have more than often, had to console the kids and let them know that BF and myself were happy together and happier with them in our lives and home.  We both work away from home (aviation) so we have a lot of time to be home alone, therefore, we are great at planning surprises. These surprises usually come in the form of wine from my favorite winery, dinner and his favorite craft brew for him or a surprise trip for the 4 of us to somewhere totally random. I came home from my last trip and he was already asleep, it was like 3am (thanks weather delays). I went into the hallway bathroom to change/wash my face/get ready for bed, this way I didn't wake him up in the middle of the night. I was walking to the bathroom and noticed a couple of magazines on top of our laundry room closet (it's adjacent to our hall bath). We are both very picky about where things go and I picked up the magazines to bring them downstairs to the magazine basket. I was happily surprised to see they are magazines from several jewelers with marks by certain engagement rings. I put them back and didn't say anything because I don't want him to know I found them (even though they are in somewhat plain sight). I'm very excited to see which ring he picks out and when he will propose. He also went out with his friends a couple of nights ago and called me when he got home and basically said he was shopping (lol hello drunk dials, I thought we were past this?). Anyway, I just wanted to say HI!! I am thrilled to be in this anticipation time period and won't start planning anything until he actually proposes, but I do know from watching "Say Yes to the Dress" that I want to look into Hayley Paige dresses. That's all at this point though...now its time for one of the most wonderful waiting games. 

Congratulations! And welcome. This board isn't super active, but Chit Chat, Wedding Woes, Attire, Moms and Maids, Reception, Wedding Party are. There's an intro thread on the chit chat one right now if you want to pop over; it's a great way to introduce yourself.