Wedding Invitations & Paper

Missing thread

Hi everyone. 
A newbie recently requested that her account be deleted. When it was deleted, by an administrator, the thread that she started was auto-deleted. If she had posts in other threads (she didn't), they would remain, with her screen name changed to 'deleted user.' 
It will be a cold day in hell before I delete a thread. Promise.

edit - grammar

Re: Missing thread

• Was that the one about incorporating an eclipse theme into her STD wording?
  • edited September 2017
    Yes.

• Thanks for the explanation @MairePoppy
  • You're welcome, charlotte.

• Is this a new policy? I seem to remember seeing posts were the OP was "deleted user" after the person deleted their account.
  • edited September 2017
    Is this a new policy? I seem to remember seeing posts were the OP was "deleted user" after the person deleted their account.
    Threads that are started by 'deleted user' disappear automatically. If 'deleted user' has participated in threads started by other community members, their posts remain with 'deleted user' replacing the screen name. If there are any TOS violations, they are edited. 

This particular ex community member hadn't posted in any other threads. I was disappointed that she left us because she was feisty and I think she would have fit in. 

This isn't a new policy. Right after we became mods, in 2014, there was a situation where a mod deleted a thread after several community members requested it. That was challenged and we reached a consensus that moderators should not delete threads. 

edited to add year.

• I have a response from KnotHolly. The thread should not have been deleted. If any of you remember the SN of the deleted user, could you please PM it to me so KnotHolly can  figure out what happened to the thread. TY 

• I am having log in log out issues - I can't sign in under MairePoppy and can't retrieve my messages. If you remember the name, send it to KnotHolly or Scribe, please.

Maire
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
  • Thanks, Jen4948.

• edited September 2017
    Thanks Jen4948. I'll make sure the info gets to the reports board, while I'm able to log in.

How could I forget that name rhianon - Fleetwood mac - one 'n'

• Sorry everyone. KnotHolly is still investigating this matter. As soon as I have info, I will share with you.