Wedding Woes
Options

Monday??

Is everyone sleeping in?  How was the weekend?

Ours was busy but good: soccer, groceries, cleaning.  6let turns NINE today.  My parents took him for the day Saturday- lunch, dinner, arcade, mini golf, bookstore.  The kids don't have school today so DH took off.  We're bowling and lunching.

Last week was CRAZY busy.  PTO raised almost $32k in one week.  Some of that was checks, but there was also penny counting.  It was exhausting, but DAMN that's a lot of money.  We also raised $1k for hurricane relief on Friday.  Again Damn.

Here's hoping this week goes smoother.  Tonight is the first religion class of the year.  They gave ZERO curriculum to fill the 90 minutes.  I think I've got some decent games though.  Add decorating name tags, class rules, bathroom breaks, and some prayers and we should fill the time.  If all else fails I'll take them on a tour of the church.

Re: Monday??

• Options

Maybe a post and run, its been crazy at work lately.

The weekend was insane for us, felt like we were always on the move.  I got a wonderful massage on Friday after work.  But it turned into revenge for the rest of the week (and still!) because my back has been killing me!  Last time I get a deep tissue massage!  I will stick to Swedish ones from now on!

I got more baby food made and fixins for DD Halloween costume.  We also got the lawn mowed, in the front at least!  There are grass clippings everywhere, so the lawn still looks like shit, even though its mowed.  Our one neighbor probably hates us right now!  Hopefully, H will have time to blow the clippings later today - as long as it doesn't rain.

DD has her first full day of daycare today.  I hope she does well!  She did a few hours as a test run on Friday and she crashed afterwards!  I think she will enjoy spending time with other little babies!  LOL!

This morning, I already got the dishes done.  Tonight we are going to try and clean all of the bathrooms.  I also want to make my friend lactation bars.  She is having a rough BF time with her DS.  I'm hoping I can start the cookies when I get home, while I make dinner.  Relax a little then do the bathrooms.

• Options
    Happy Monday!

Weekend went well.   We FINALLY got DS on the boat on Saturday.  Step one was convincing him to wear his puddle jumper (life vest).  When we went out before he HATED it but it's not legal to have him on the boat unless he has it on.   The way we got him on?   We told him that we'd go look for Daniel Tiger and Grandpere and he got on the boat to go look.   A little screen time watching Daniel Tiger helped too.   I'm not a fan of just handing my phone to my kids but he was able to watch it and it calmed him down so when the show was over he just grinned from ear to ear as DH motored up the river.  

We're now watching the latest in Jose.  I am not terribly concerned about its overall impact to our home or travel but it may mean that the marina forces us to take the boat out of the water as we're in a Tropical Storm Watch.   That isn't a big deal but depending on timing, I may have FIL as a dinner guest tonight or tomorrow.   

Currently dealing with a customer that seems to have a new person in a managerial role who is asking questions I feel like I've answered already.    
  • Options

Such a busy weekend for us.  DD turned 2 on Saturday, so we went to a corn maze, farm fun place with her cousins.  It was chillier out than I was hoping but all the kids had lots of fun and DD got to enjoy some 'big kid' stuff that she was definitely too little for last year when we were there.  She loves animals, and spent a substantial amount of time yelling BAH BAH BAH at the goats.

Saturday was a family wedding.  There were no major etiquette faux pas (as I had expected there might be), and it was a good time.  There was certainly some odd attempts at brevity that I felt were a little bit out of place.  I was slightly distracted by DD putting on lip gloss through the entire ceremony as it was the only way to keep her from being a full on terror.

The reception was a good time as well, and ended with a bonfire which was nice given the cool fall weather.  We camped on the grounds at the hall, so once we dropped DD off with family we were able to fully celebrate - and as such felt it all day yesterday.  DH was up till 6am, and at one point got roped into assisting with delivering a very overserved guest to his hotel.

I'm supposed to be attending a Bible study tonight, but DH and DD are both sick, and I'm definitely battling a sore throat and sniffles myself, so it'll probably be a night in and early to bed for all of us.

• Options

Friday, I took a long afternoon nap!  It was really needed.  Saturday, my H and I did our p/t job in the late morning and then had lunch at a pizza/Italian place participating in Restaurant week.  $20/each for a small pizza, baked brie appetizer, and dessert.  Except they were my heroes and had an option to change out the dessert for a glass of wine instead.

Sat. night, we broke in the new grill with pork chops, steaks, and kabobs.  It was a lot of food and now we have some great leftovers in the fridge.  Our friend and neighbor who helped my H put the grill together came over for the feast also.

Sunday, we did major grocery shopping.  We went during the middle of the Saints game and were pleasantly surprised the stores weren't as crazy as they usually are on the weekend.  We taped the second half of the game to watch when we got back.   For those who follow football, we certainly didn't miss much (sigh).

Nothing much for today, other than I have a decent amount of work to do at my job.  That is nice, for a change, and hopefully the day will go by quickly.

Oh!  Speaking of work.  Fridays are my half days (4 hours).  And our entire network...Internet and everything...was down for 2 hours.  Such a "twiddling thumbs" drag!  Plus I ended up having to work an extra hour because of it.  I even forced myself to do some filing (making a disgusted look).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Added annoyance.  My work has always had a "flu shot" day, in the office, for anyone who wants to participate.  I just got the e-mail aren't doing that this year :(.

I can still get a flu shot for free under the insurance I have with them, but now I have to make a special trip to CVS.  A place I almost never go to.  I'm also annoyed that this insurer has a few big, national chain grocery stores on their list...just none that are actually in my area (eye roll). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Yep, my Saints lost. They're the only team that I follow.

I didn't do much this weekend. I met some past work friends for dinner on Friday, and ran errands on Sat. Sunday was church and napping on the sofa.

I did scratch something off of my bucket list. I'm going to ride on a float for Mardi Gras. Yay!! I paid my dues and I'm looking for flights today. A girl from New Orleans has to do this at least once in her life, right? My high school alumni is going to have a float in one of the parades, the Saturday before Mardi Gras and I'm going to ride in it. Yay!!!! I'm looking forward to it.

Squeee!!!  That is on my bucket list also!  I'm so excited for you.

I'm officially making that a goal for the 2019 season.

Way back when we were first dating, my H was good friends with a krewe member of Cleopatra.  She told him she would get tickets for us for their ball, if we wanted to go.  Hell yeah!  That was the first time I'd been to an event that was formal enough to require tuxes and floor length gowns.  We had a blast.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy the best time to grocery shop is during game time. I had a friend who didn't care about football and she would always ask me when they played so she could shop accordingly
  • Options
    Weekend was good. SO's sister and her bf came over and it was like old times. Yesterday we ordered food in all day and had a bonfire. It was a nice break from the usual routine. It's finally cooling down a little here, thankfully. So now it's just 85 degrees instead of 110. I can't wait for real fall weather, which for Southern California means days that are 65 degrees. 

Today the kitties have a vet appointment. It was originally supposed to only be for Jack for his rabies shot, but this morning when I got up Aurora was limping and wouldn't sit down. I think maybe Jack played too rough with her. So now I get to shell out more money. Ugh. Plus I don't like seeing her in pain. It makes me sad. Yesterday they looked like this...and now she's hissing at him every time he comes near. =(

• Options
    I spent this past weekend about 90mi away from my house for my open water diving certification. We had to be at the quarry by 830am, so i booked a hotel rather than driving up super early. Tried out a few good local restaurants. and finished up my certification. Looking forward to using out my skills in Australia in a couple of weeks. Since DK is set to be certified 3 days before we leave, I thought we might like to get in some more experience before the Great Barrier Reef (our last stop), so I've been working with a dive school in Melbourne on setting up a few more dives. 

spending the next 2 weeks doing a deep clean before my parents get into town. DK will be doing a lot of work stuff at night this week, and in diving class the next 2 weekends, so i'm going to be busy.
  • Options
    Ugh, another crazy day at works. I feel like the nonprofit operates like the sky is continually falling. Not everything is a crisis and doesn't need to be treated like one. There's also a lack of strategic thinking which baffles me. Whatever, keeping my head down and doing working. 

Weekend was great but way, way too short. Friday night had a few drinks but just hung out at home. Saturday I volunteered at an Oktoberfest, which was super fun. Yesterday was football and work. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    Looks like ya'll had good weekends. @oliveoilsmom, I like your idea of a bit of chores per day.  I meant to do some this weekend but was out of the house literally 90% of it!
    Happy belated to DD @jh715
    @short+sassy and @nolabridesmaid.  Yup.  You GOTTA do a float!  how fun!

Friday started off shitty.  I left work (early) since my madza dealer wanted me to come in.  There was something wrong with my new car contract.  The old finance guy who did it (employed for a bit over a month) wrote it up wrong and I had to resign. New guy wanted me to resign at a higher price though, and I refused.  As it turns out, the higher price wasn't for the car.  It was for the premium warranty I got suckered into and tried to get out of the next day but couldn't!  Old finance guy wrote the warranty incorrectly so the new fiance guy at the dealership was still trying to sell it to me (even though I told him the story about how I wanted out of it after the fact!) but at what the cost should have been.  I seriously thought that price was to good to be true, but it's what he told me it was! ($15/month).

So I refused to sign and walked out.  Called the guy who sold me the car.  He said "lets sign the deal of the car we agreed on and take off the warranty altogether".  Yes. YES that's what I always wanted!!! So I went back and we were both pretty bitter with each other. He could have solved it himself had he done that. But he's like "I didnt want to take the warranty off because I really think it's important".  uh huh.  

Saturday I had some coffee with some friends around noon, dinner with H after he got off work and we both fell asleep at, embarrassingly enough, 9:30 pm.

Sunday was a baptism and it turned out great.  It was outside and the weather was nice.  to nice. I got sun burnt! First time this year and it happens September 17th!  After the party, we drove my friends niece to the airport and stopped off for dinner and a movie before heading home.  Ok, if you have any desire to see mother! -  don't.  It is awful.  So awful.  People were walking out.  It's just weird with no story line and gross and disgusting towards the end.  Let me save you $25.

edit: words

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:

And on that note...KEYS ON THE MOTHERFUCKING ROOF!  He got the all clear and his last day at his current job is Weds or Thurs.  He wants a long weekend to get stuff done and prep himself for the transition.  ;) 
    congrats! Very good idea on his part! 

• Options

I am having serious reading comprehension failure today.  The bolded are words I added and was thinking.  Here is how I initially read these two posts:

Ok, if you have any desire to see MY mother! -  don't.  It is awful.  So awful.  People were walking out.  (OMG, was she having a bad party or something) It's just weird with no story line and gross and disgusting towards the end.  (??? OH, the MOVIE).  Let me save you $25.

edit: words
    mrsconn23 said:

Saturday, I worked and then ran out again...because I had to get cigars for my dad and couldn't (and didn't want to) take DefConn to the smoke shop with me on Friday.  

I took DefConn for a smoke.  (DefConn is way too young for that, lol. I KNOW I read this wrong.  Reread.)

Me: Completely the opposite and then some, of what you actually said, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The weekend was way too busy.  We won our trivia fundraiser on Friday.  First prize was a concert from a really great local band.  Since our team was basically friends from 2 different organizations, everyone was immediately arguing over who got the certificate for a fundraiser.  I said, "Hey folks.  Those 2 ladies on our team are getting married and I'm planning their bachelorette party.  Can we use it for that?"  Everyone was on board and my planning for this thing just got a helluva lot easier.  

Saturday was running errands to get ready for K's big roller derby tournament.  Everyone came into town around 4 and it was just busy.  The tournament was great, then 2 after parties, and watching K's drag pageant video afterwards (b/c her backup dancers were in the tournament).  Then I stayed up until 5 am talking to a friend.  Then got up to cook breakfast for everyone on Sunday.  They all went to the skate part afterwards and I stayed at home and hibernated.  

We had another set of friends who came into town that didn't stay with us b/c of previously mentioned house guests.  Friend texts me and says, "Um, could we stay with you tonight?  There is A LOT of cat hair here."  I said sure, so guests Sunday night too.  They were low maintenance though and I barely saw them b/c they had a wedding.  They left early this morning, without waking me, which I am disappointed and thankful about.  :smiley:
  • Options

I am having serious reading comprehension failure today.  The bolded are words I added and was thinking.  Here is how I initially read these two posts:

Ok, if you have any desire to see MY mother! -  don't.  It is awful.  So awful.  People were walking out.  (OMG, was she having a bad party or something) It's just weird with no story line and gross and disgusting towards the end.  (??? OH, the MOVIE).  Let me save you $25.

oh, no, not my own party.  I have a $30/head cover charge for my own parties and no one walks out on me!!! :) 

• Options

oh, no, not my own party.  I have a $30/head cover charge for my own parties and no one walks out on me!!! :) 

No, I thought it was your mom's party that people were walking out on for a brief nano-second.

I'm sure no one walks out on your parties :).  Of course you charge $30/head, lol.  They're just that good.  And I bet you still have a cash bar :P.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm back from the vet. Jack is healthy besides his usual sneezing which the vet wasn't concerned about as long as he doesn't have any other symptoms. Aurora is sick. =( She had a fever and she's definitely acting ill. They think maybe Jack bit her too hard and the bite is getting infected. She's on antibiotics now. We couldn't find the puncture spot though.  And we finally got the okay for Jack to get neutered. They finally agreed with me that he's most likely 4 months instead of 3 months old. And they said he's huge even for four months old. He weighs 6 lbs 4.5 oz. He's less than a pound off from Aurora and she's almost a year old now. 

• Options

No, I thought it was your mom's party that people were walking out on for a brief nano-second.

I'm sure no one walks out on your parties :).  Of course you charge $30/head, lol.  They're just that good.  And I bet you still have a cash bar :P.

why? is that rude?

Oh. and um....speaking of rude, if I wrote a check for a wedding LITERALLY 5 months ago (May 20th), and she still hasn't cashed it (or thanked me for it) but she DID acknowledge receiving it - am I to assume she's just not ever cashing it and that's her way of saying "I'm not accepting gifts"? Because that's how I'm interpreting it.

• Options

why? is that rude?

Oh. and um....speaking of rude, if I wrote a check for a wedding LITERALLY 5 months ago (May 20th), and she still hasn't cashed it (or thanked me for it) but she DID acknowledge receiving it - am I to assume she's just not ever cashing it and that's her way of saying "I'm not accepting gifts"? Because that's how I'm interpreting it.
    Aren't checks void after 90 days?  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

why? is that rude?

Aren't checks void after 90 days?  

I don't think that is any kind of hard and fast rule.  I think it depends on each particular bank as to what they consider "stale dated".

Eons ago, I worked at Bank of America.  We considered checks older than 6 months as stale dated and wouldn't negotiate them.  But that's also assuming anyone noticed a check was that old.  Or didn't just deposit it into an ATM and "crossed their fingers".

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I'm heart broken.

Hurricane Maria is now a Cat 5 and heading right for the VI.   2 Cat 5 hurricanes in 2 weeks is more than most people can handle.   So many of my friends are displaced.   A lot evacuated after the Irma, with a few more right before this storm.    My heart goes out to them right now.    Send prayers they survive Maria.  Not just physically survive the storm, but the aftermath.   Which in most cases is worse than the actual storm.
    I hope those that went back since Irma are able to get out in time. Maria escalated really quickly.