Re: Are you ready for some football?!

• My bench scored more than my active roster. wtf
  • kvruns said:
    My bench scored more than my active roster. wtf
    Ugh that's the worst!!!  :s
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2017
    I played 4 WR this week and they combined for a whopping 15 points.  My kicker scored 14 points.  WTF
  • My Lions are 2-0 and I had a good FF week too (sorry @lyndausvi) when I came back against two projected losses!  This is when us Detroiters start making Super Bowl jokes!

Oh no!  Have the Lions really never been to a Superbowl?  I'll root for them, as long as they aren't playing my Saints, 49ers, or Dolphins.  Maybe the Chargers...but I'm not sure I can be a fan anymore since they moved to LA, lol.

The Saints have only been in the Superbowl once and, compared to their long history, that was relatively recently.  It was very, very, very, very exciting.  Every city should get to experience that, at least once.  I think it's even better when it has been "long awaited".

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Grr.   I won one and lost one.

But Gronk might be out and I have him on both teams.   Off to look for another TE.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @short+sassy we'll take it!  In 88 seasons we have 0 Superbowl appearances, and haven't made it to game 2 of the playoffs since 1991.
  • @short+sassy we'll take it!  In 88 seasons we have 0 Superbowl appearances, and haven't made it to game 2 of the playoffs since 1991.
    Well we have 4 appearances (in a row) and 0 wins. I'm not sure which is worse to be honest. 
    Well we have 4 appearances (in a row) and 0 wins. I'm not sure which is worse to be honest. 

Doh!  Yeah.  That is a tough pill to swallow.  I didn't remember it had been four appearances in a row.  But I do remember when it was the Bills vs. Cowboys for two years in a row.  The Cowboys are one of my least favorite teams, so I was rooting for the Bills in those two games.  Bummer.

I looked it up.  My NFL factoids for the day.  There are four teams who have never appeared in the Superbowl:

• Detroit Lions (but did win an NFL championship, before it was dubbed the Superbowl)
    • Cleveland Browns (same as the Lions, won an NFL championship)
    • Jacksonville Jaguars -- meh, they are 20+ years newer than most teams.  I don't feel sorry for them, yet. 
    • Houston Texans -- meh, they're an even newer team than the Jaguars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Goddesses are on a roll! 

• My Goddesses are on a roll! 

I'm 0-2!!! High five for consistency!!  :D
  • So I play @atomicblonde this week; who has Lesean McCoy. Which will be tough because I really want a Bills win and he's really the only offensive weapon we have so he needs to have a big game. I'd really like to not be playing against him in fantasy when he has a big game. 
  • I had a good week on this league.   The other league not so much

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I had a bad week in both my leagues. This is going to be my week! I can feel it!! 
  • Sproles is on IR and so is my kicker Santos (KC) on my other league.    Grr.

• Slow starts in both of my leagues.  Hoping my guys start performing.  I will say that both Gangreen Eileen teams took a knee  :)
  • eileenrob said:
    Slow starts in both of my leagues.  Hoping my guys start performing.  I will say that both Gangreen Eileen teams took a knee  :)
    We look like we have a good match up this week! 

Enemies of fairness and equality hear our womanly roar. 

• Also, I can never see to get Stephon Diggs right; two weeks ago started him and he got me 4 point, sat him last week and he blew up. 
  • H insisted I was crazy if I didn't start Montgomery tonight. And he just went to the locker room. 
  • H insisted I was crazy if I didn't start Montgomery tonight. And he just went to the locker room. 
    Thank you Charlotte's H!  :p
  • edited September 2017
    eileenrob said:
    H insisted I was crazy if I didn't start Montgomery tonight. And he just went to the locker room. 
    Thank you Charlotte's H!  :p
    Yup. I'm not so happy with him. 

Montgomery is in for the night. Glad I had to sit a starting WR to get two points. 
  • edited September 2017
    Moral of the story? Never listen to your husband about fantasy. 
  • I hate the London games. 
  • In my other league Gronk gave me 12 points.  My kicker has given me 27 points so far.  Ha.

Still projected to win.

• My defense got me more points than my WR. 
  • My defense got me more points than my WR. 
     I had Watson on the bench.  And I benched Miller.  total points? 83.

At least I'm still winning.  Granted my opponent had 2 players get injured before the half.

• This week is my worst week yet with 2 projected losses out of 3 leagues, including this one.  But at least I'm in first place in my H's league (while he's in 10th - #sorrynotsorry).
  • My guys scored 20-40 points below their projection for the fourth straight week.  This is getting old  :s
  • My wide receivers are awful. 
  • eileenrob said:
    My guys scored 20-40 points below their projection for the fourth straight week.  This is getting old  :s
    Given that my RBs were terrible I really needed your guys to do that.