Nevada-Las Vegas

Vegas wedding reception

Im in search of a reception venue for our Las Vegas wedding. We have done a lot of tours and research on the ceremony site ( we're thinking Juno garden at ceasars or wynn. We looked at cosmo wrap around suite and mandalas bay also). We decided the ceremony wouldn't be for us in the cosmopolitan wrap around suite but are considering doing the reception there. I have recently found the MGM skyline terrace suite too. Anyone used either of these two rooms for a reception? Any thoughts? Thanks!! looking for a good 3 hour reception with open bar and appetizer/finger foods. 

Re: Vegas wedding reception

• We are doing the same thing but at the Mandalay Bay Vista Suite. I really wanted a room with a balcony but the Cosmopolitan one just seemed too small (I think one person said it seemed it could fit 20 at the most to be comfortable) and MGM Skyline was a bit more money. I think some on this site have used them, reviews can be found if you use the search function at the bottom. 
  • We were married (ceremony and reception) at the MGM Skyline Terrace; we toured the Wraparounds at the Cosmo. We felt the Wraparounds would be too small and difficult to work with, and just didn't feel luxurious enough for what we wanted. But they could be fine if you have a small group of guests for a reception (since they could watch the fountains). Our guests loved the views of the Skyline, though!
  • xoeden said:
    We were married (ceremony and reception) at the MGM Skyline Terrace; we toured the Wraparounds at the Cosmo. We felt the Wraparounds would be too small and difficult to work with, and just didn't feel luxurious enough for what we wanted. But they could be fine if you have a small group of guests for a reception (since they could watch the fountains). Our guests loved the views of the Skyline, though!
    Thanks!! Did u end up going through the hotel for all the vendors for the reception or did u do things on your own ? Like did u bring ur own alcohol and whatnot? 
  • Elphy18 said:
    xoeden said:
    We were married (ceremony and reception) at the MGM Skyline Terrace; we toured the Wraparounds at the Cosmo. We felt the Wraparounds would be too small and difficult to work with, and just didn't feel luxurious enough for what we wanted. But they could be fine if you have a small group of guests for a reception (since they could watch the fountains). Our guests loved the views of the Skyline, though!
    Thanks!! Did u end up going through the hotel for all the vendors for the reception or did u do things on your own ? Like did u bring ur own alcohol and whatnot? 
    We had a dry ceremony / mini-reception for personal reasons, and then I got black-out drunk at the Bar at Times Square at NY-NY. Whoops.