Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Post Wedding Doubts and What ifs

Hello!
I've hesitated to bring this up, because it seems so silly. However, post wedding I've had the post wedding "blues" and doubting whether I chose the right dress, hairstyle, etc. In the moment of choosing everything I absolutely LOVED everything. I will say I was somewhat of a laid back bride and chose many things quickly. I'm also wondering if it is the way it was captured that I did not like, ex: hair/dress not lying right in certain pics. Has anyone else experienced these feelings?

Re: Post Wedding Doubts and What ifs

• Hello!
    I've hesitated to bring this up, because it seems so silly. However, post wedding I've had the post wedding "blues" and doubting whether I chose the right dress, hairstyle, etc. In the moment of choosing everything I absolutely LOVED everything. I will say I was somewhat of a laid back bride and chose many things quickly. I'm also wondering if it is the way it was captured that I did not like, ex: hair/dress not lying right in certain pics. Has anyone else experienced these feelings?
    Have you seen many of your pictures yet? Even those taken by guests? I'm sure everything looked amazing; see if you can find one or two that you really love and remind yourself of why you chose the things you did. Try focusing on what you did love (candids where you're laughing, pictures from your first dance, enjoying being with friends) and less on what you would have changed. 
  • 1.  There is no such thing as THE right dress!  There is a dress that you  like and that fits your budget and makes you feel beautiful, and it sounds like you found one that did!

2.  Nobody but you cares how you wore your hair.

This sounds like an anxiety attack.  Weddings can be very stressful.  Try this:

Click your heels together three times and repeat:

"There is no such thing as the perfect wedding!
    There is no such thing as the perfect wedding!
    There is no such thing as the perfect wedding!"

Now go get a margarita and make love to your wonderful new husband.  You should feel a lot better in the morning.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • So what if you did choose "the wrong" dress or hairstyle or colors or readings? (FTR, there is no "wrong" choice here anyway.)

You can't re-do the wedding so even if you find a hairstyle you like better now, you chose what you chose and that's that. Try to think about the positive things about the day - great ceremony moments, conversations with guests, times the dance floor was packed, when people told you that you looked beautiful, etc. 

And I agree with nicgetsknotted - it would help to find a new hobby to occupy your mind and time.
    *********************************************************************************

• I think most brides have something they look back on and question their decision. Mine was photography. The first few shots that I saw were all of my laughing and that just wasn't what I had been expecting. I'm almost 1 year now and those are my favourites.

I think you need to give yourself a bit of a break from thinking about anything wedding and look for something else to put your time, energy and thoughts into. It doesn't have to be big. Perhaps research for a future trip, a small decorating or home reno plan.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think it's fairly normal to question some things- the whole process goes by so fast once it's said and done. But what is important is to focus on the parts that matter- the fact that you got married! As said above, focus on the things you DO like. What made the day great? What makes the photo great?

One of my friend's REALLY didn't like her hair on her wedding day. Everyone else who was there/ saw her wedding photos thought she looked great, but she kept focusing on the hair (in her photos). Eventually those thoughts faded and she began to look at the whole picture- her and her husband, happy, not her hair.
  • In discussions with my birdes maides, all of whom are married they all said they felt a bit like this. One said she spent the day after crying. You just planed probably the biggest this you'll ever plan. It's super stressful and crazy with family and what not. 
    I think it's super normal to feel a bit this way. Eventually, you'll be able to move on to the next thing in your life - I'm sure that people look back of photos of getting married in the 80's where everyone looked like Princess Di and think gosh I wish my hair had been different but still love the day itself.