Wedding Woes

Big Day

I'm up early because a customer insisted on seeing me at 8 am. And I really wanted to have their PO to hand off before I quit. I'm a combination of dedicated and crazy. I wrote my Dear John email to my coworkers and scheduled delivery for 4 JIC. I don't think I'll be kicked out but hell, who knows about anything anymore. 

Weekend was great!  My friend who was shot in DC got to throw the first pitch at the Tigers game yesterday. It was so awesome to see him. He even volunteered to speak in H's AP Gov class. That Lions game tho....

Re: Big Day

• TK hates me and cut off my last paragraph. Alledgely the Cowboys owner has threatened to fire any player who takes a knee. I'd love to see Dak, Dez, and Zeke call his bluff. 
  • Good luck today @kimmiinthemitten! Have you told anyone there, or will it be news to everyone? 

Not much today; work, class, work. The weekend was amazing though. The weather was beautiful, we got to hike and take Charlie swimming in the river, and had no access to news or the internet. It was glorious. I'll post some Charlie pictures soon. He had an amazing time.

kimmiinthemitten said:
    TK hates me and cut off my last paragraph. Alledgely the Cowboys owner has threatened to fire any player who takes a knee. I'd love to see Dak, Dez, and Zeke call his bluff. 
    I wonder if they'll stay in the locker room like Seattle/Tennessee/Pittsburgh?
  • TK hates me and cut off my last paragraph. Alledgely the Cowboys owner has threatened to fire any player who takes a knee. I'd love to see Dak, Dez, and Zeke call his bluff. 

STUCK

ever since Dez Bryant got in trouble for assaulting his mom (though I believe she dropped the charges against him) he's been on my IDAF list so I say let's see him call it and see what happens. 
    Apparently this was maybe not true? Politico gave it one of their "lie" ratings, but it's also something I could see ol' Jerry doing. Either way, I loved seeing all of the players kneeling & linking arms yesterday. Trump didn't know what he was doing, going after pro athletes. 
  • Good luck @kimmiinthemitten hopefully they take the news gracefully.

oh Charlotte! Charlie looks so happy!!

today was DH's first day back at work. Some friends and I signed up for this free 7 week, city wide fitness thing, I went to my first class today and it was so Hard! I couldn't believe it, but I think I am going to wake up early for yoga tomorrow. Then coffee with ladies... then more house cleaning. Since this was DH's birthday weekend the house go destroooyed. I think every cup we own was used, it will take me all week to get everything all put back together. (Mostly because I am so slow and hate cleaning)
  • Soooooo THIS happened at my house yesterday.    If you're thinking, "Why would you put a boat on a trailer on its side?" the answer is - you DON'T. 

It's amazing what cops in your yard at 10 AM on a Sunday do to entertain your kids just as they look out the front windows. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten, My H and I were bummed also with the Lions/Falcons game :(.  We were so excited to see that last play and the Lions grab the victory in the last few seconds, especially against the Falcons.  Only to have it taken back away.  At least the Saints won their first game.  Finally (eye roll).

That was Sunday.  Watching football.  I marinated chicken drumsticks the day before and we BBQ'ed them up on Sunday.  They came out so flavorful and delicious!  I also made fresh guacamole.  Also delicious.

Didn't do much Friday or Saturday, as planned.  Caught up on rest and sleep. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did some much needed yard work on Saturday morning - it was sooo hot! H hung the entry and dining room lights. I love them. Now waiting for the bathroom lights to arrive so he can do those.

Not much today. Must get that pile of ironing done. I hate ironing so it piles up during the summer. I guess that way I don't wear out my summer clothes too quickly.
  • Not a whole lot this weekend.

Friday - ended up getting off the bus early, got ice cream then when to visit my mum for a bit. M was at a friend's place, and ended up going there afterwards.

Saturday - woke up tired. I hate when this happens. Had a bit of headache, so I threw laundry in and went to lie down once it was done.
    Went to hockey game - we won 5-1 :) Started getting headache again :(

Sunday - woke up with headache again. Dear gawd I'm done with this. Idk if it's sinus or muscle or what, but went back to bed. Ended up taking a nap also.
    Did more laundry and vacuumed. We had to do some brief running around for stuff before we leave Thursday morning.

Otherwise, SSDD
  • That was Sunday.  Watching football.  I marinated chicken drumsticks the day before and we BBQ'ed them up on Sunday.  They came out so flavorful and delicious!  I also made fresh guacamole.  Also delicious.

Didn't do much Friday or Saturday, as planned.  Caught up on rest and sleep. 

And now I want chicken and avacado :| thanks
  • Kimmi - Sorry I didn't see your tag on Friday. I left work not long after my last post and didn't get back to TK.  If it still matters - I would only include my cell if I didn't have a home phone number to use.  I still have a landline for junk calls, that is what a former employer would get from me!

Charlotte - Charlie is having so much fun in those pics!  He reminds me of Olive, but younger.  Please still post the water pics!  I love seeing dogs swimming!

6 - Can I come to the party?  That menu sounds awesome!

MrsConn - Yay to all the purging!

This weekend was so great!  I left work an hour early on Friday and we got a head start down the shore.  We were able to stop at one of our favorite take out places for dinner too. 

Saturday was the Irish Festival.  DD, H and I went down there with my parents.  It was hot, but every once in a while you got a great ocean breeze!  There were merchants and open alcoholic beverage containers!  Many live musicians scattered around streets.  I was wearing DD and she loved looking around at all the different things!  We stayed for about 2 hours.  Then we had dinner at my former boss' place.  After dinner, my mom volunteered to keep DD, so we could go up to the boardwalk by ourselves and meet Hs friends.  It was her bedtime anyway - so it worked out!

Sunday was mostly relaxing around the house.  I made dinner before we headed home. 

This weekend I have my friend's surprise birthday party on Sunday.  I told her H I will make the birthday cake.  So at some point I need to bake the cakes this week and get them in the freezer, so they stay fresh.  But I need to get a more set timeline for that.  I am making a Wegmans run at lunch to get the remaining fixins for the cakes!

• Oh, and my kid doesn't want the easy costco cake for $19. He wants cream puffs. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Oh, and my kid doesn't want the easy costco cake for $19. He wants cream puffs. 

Also easily purchased at Costco ;).  At least at mine.  Unless you make a specific recipe he wants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Work cancelled me today. I'm not shedding any tears about it. I have plenty to do today. Weekend was okay. I worked Friday and Saturday and my dad stayed on Saturday night to keep working on the house with SO. We've been trying to retrofit the house so we can get earthquake insurance and we had one last corner to get to and it was the worst case scenario. It's going to be an expensive and hard repair. SO is considering just paying my dad to do it since it's above his level of knowledge. But we also don't have $6K to drop, so we'll see what happens. It might take us months of gradual work. 

I'm feeling pretty disheartened with everything going on politically. And I'm getting pretty nervous about our unstable idiot commander throwing out fighting words to another unstable idiot commander. I'm like 99% sure our neighbors across the street are doomsday preppers, and I'm not far off from asking them for prepping advice. Lol. 

On a brighter note: Aurora is feeling much better. We've been trying this new thing where we lock jack out of the bedroom at night and she is noticeably happier. Cuddles all night, purrs, eats her food. She's lost some weight so I'm trying everything to get her to gain it back. She's even been getting tuna snacks. 

• @banana468 that’s nuts! What happened???

@charlotte989875 those pics of Charlie are great!!

Utility construction continues in my neighborhood today, but I was able to get Bapypants down for a nap and got half the house dusted, the bathrooms all cleaned, laundry done, and started some tidying so at least my morning was productive!! Going to take her for a walk this afternoon and then off to Whole Foods to grab myself some sushi for dinner. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Oh, and my kid doesn't want the easy costco cake for $19. He wants cream puffs. 

Also easily purchased at Costco ;).  At least at mine.  Unless you make a specific recipe he wants.
    He wants homemade. I am kind of glad he made me resurrect the recipe. My mom used to stuff it with anything under the sun for fancy appetizers or desserts. 
  • @sparklepants41 as far as we can tell a 20 yo dude was driving down the street and claims he swerved to avoid hitting a squirrel.   Somehow he cut across the street, over a rock and two trees on our property and hit the propeller and end of my FIL's boat.   The force knocked the boat on its side, basically split the propeller from the motor, cut the transom and dented the boat.   The boat is toast and the 3 yo motor is done.  We think the trailer's structural integrity has been compromised too.

We had the boat in our yard because FIL is selling it now that we have a larger family boat that DH and FIL purchased together.   We live in a town that's both on the shore and also has some local river / lake areas where a small boat like that could have been quite nice for someone that didn't want to head out into the deep water. 

We're annoyed but hoping that FIL's insurance company (or the dude's) cuts a check for a reasonable amount.   The kid was respectful, kept calling my husband sir (and to quote Homer Simpson, DH isn't used to that unless it's followed by the phrase, "please stop making a scene") and he was on his way to work when this happened.  I hope it was a good life lesson for him and well, now our kids are banned from playing that close to the road!
  • @kimmiinthemitten hopefully your letters/day went smoothly!

@mrsconn23 purging crap makes me feel so good lmao! Like "yes, one step backwards from being on hoarders!"

@charlotte989875 omg he looks so excited for the adventure!

@banana468 holy crap!

@VarunaTT glad you figured out a base :) It's oddly easier to make a male look more feminine, than female to look more masculine.
  • @banana468 I hope the guy's insurance company pays! At least he took responsibility and didn't try to get out of it. Love it that he was calling your H sir!
  • @MissKittyDanger I only know this b/c of all the stuff K does, but basically it's because to make a man look feminine you're adding (padding, highlights, cheekbones, etc) and to make a woman look masculine, you're having to subtract (hide curves, change cheekbone lines, creater deeper lines and shadows).  Once you start messing about with it, it's interesting to look at male models and celebrity faces and see what they're doing with makeup.
  • VarunaTT said:
    @MissKittyDanger I only know this b/c of all the stuff K does, but basically it's because to make a man look feminine you're adding (padding, highlights, cheekbones, etc) and to make a woman look masculine, you're having to subtract (hide curves, change cheekbone lines, creater deeper lines and shadows).  Once you start messing about with it, it's interesting to look at male models and celebrity faces and see what they're doing with makeup.
    For sure! When I did my makeup course, they talked about 'drag' makeup and why it was easier. The girl said pretty much the same thing as you :)
  • @banana468 omg!!! Glad no one was hurt! I hope the guy’s insurance comes through with a decent payout for your FIL’s boat. At least the guy was being super polite about the whole situation although my H definitely would have had a similar reaction to being called “Sir” lol 
  • @banana468 omg!!! Glad no one was hurt! I hope the guy’s insurance comes through with a decent payout for your FIL’s boat. At least the guy was being super polite about the whole situation although my H definitely would have had a similar reaction to being called “Sir” lol 
    I hope he doesn't change his tune but when he was over DH said that he just seemed shaken up.

We have a RING doorbell so I was able to look up motion and door rings after DH went outside.   It didn't record the crash but we saw that his hands were shaking as he waited for DH to come outside. 
  • Lala9414 said:
    Happy Monday everyone!
    @mrsconn23 hope your DH's first day is great!
    @banana468 omg at the boat! I'm glad no one was hurt and hope someones insurance covers it
    @6fsn I love that menu!
    @levioosa I'm glad to hear aurora is doing better!
    @charlotte989875 glad to hear you all had a fun time and the puppers too!

Weekend was okay, Friday I didn't do much. I did some much needed relaxing! I took the pup to the store and got her some new food and there was even a sale so I saved some money! ;) Saturday I worked till 4 and it wasn't bad, went home and made a new recipe for a healthier shrimp scampi. I used whole wheat pasta and didn't use any alfredo sauce like I'm used to, it came out really delicious so I'll keep that one in my book. Sunday again worked till 4, caught up on some homework and went to my step grandfathers birthday party. Then my mom and I went to the grocery store and got a whole bunch of food. We are going to start meal prepping and dieting and that begins today!

Not much going on today, work and then getting my allergy shots afterward. Then I start cooking my lunches tonight and if I have time I'm going to take the pup to a dog park that's primarily small dogs I found near by! She's almost 10 months but still isn't very social, she gets really scared of other dogs  :/ so I hope this could help make her more comfortable.

I love shrimp scampi!  Not usually very healthy, though, lol.  If it's handy, I'd appreciate the recipe.

That should help your pups a lot, if it is smaller dogs.  Try to keep her introductions to the "mellower" ones.

Now I have to brag on my dog.  I've always been shocked and impressed at how "sensitive" she is with other dogs.  She really picks up on their social cues.

As an example, there were three Irish setters that we used to encounter on our walks with her.  One of them a puppy, one of them middle-aged, and the third one elderly.  She would greet each of them when we all ran across each other.  And would greet each one differently, lol.

She'd jump around and be all rambunctious with the puppy.  Active, but not jumping, with the middle aged one.  And gentle, with just "sniff, sniffs" on the side of their face, with the elderly one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker