Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

What's up?!

DH's first day went well.  Overwhelming, but that was to be expected.  

I'm still waiting for him to give me final confirmation that we can take our vacation in 2.5 weeks.  If he can't go...I *might* take the kids and go by myself.  I wish I had someone who could go with us at the last minute, but I can't think of anyone.  We're traveling with friends, but they'll be in their own car.  But we'll see.  DH said he'll know more in the next day or two.  (he hasn't been told 'no' or anything, he's just worried about taking time off so soon, when he's still in the learning/training process)

Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Tuesday!

• Yay for new starts! I hope he's able to get the vacation approved!

Today is homework and gym. Not really much else going on here. SO is sick and he's making it known. There's a pretty big fire nearby and his sister might get evacuated so I set up the guest room just in case. 

• Where are you going @mrsconn23?

Today is Hs Birthday, but he thinks celebrating is dumb. I bought him a new rain jacket, didn't wrap it (because he thinks it's wasteful and pointless) and he was pretty happy. I have a work fundraiser tonight so we don't even get to have dinner or anything together, but I'm hoping to sneak out of it early. I already paid so they won't really care. I hope. 
  • @mrsconn23, glad his first day went well, overall.  Hopefully he can get the vacation time.  I had something like that happen to me.  I already had a cruise planned, while I was interviewing for a new job.  I didn't say anything until after I got and accepted the offer.  During my new hire paperwork with HR, I mentioned my already booked trip and asked if it would be all right if I went.  I also made it clear that I realized I wouldn't have any vacation time with them yet and wouldn't be paid for that week.  And that I would understand if it wasn't okay, the job was more important to me.  They were great and didn't have any problem with it.  So I ended up working for two weeks and then took one week off for my trip, lol.

I have been STARVING yesterday and today.  Not sure what is going on with that.  I've even added in more snacks, but to no avail.  Planning a big lunch.  Hopefully that will get me through the afternoon, lol.

Other than that, I am just exhausted today.  I woke up around 3:30AM and couldn't go back to sleep.  Finally just got up at 4:30AM.  I have never been able to handle lack of sleep well.  Even in my younger, early 20's days.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SSDD - my work week is full of a pretty straightforward investigation. Family pictures went well last night (I think, but I haven't seen them yet), our new constituency board had a get together last night, so that was pretty good even though we had the Dork with us, and she needed constant handling (the host's home was amazing, but white carpet, white couches, high end decorations and a toddler aren't a great mix.

Today is Hs Birthday, but he thinks celebrating is dumb. I bought him a new rain jacket, didn't wrap it (because he thinks it's wasteful and pointless) and he was pretty happy.
    Sounds a lot like my H.  I already bought and gave him his Christmas present (a nylon military blanket to replace the one he lost), as he's Mr practical, and only wants things he sees an immediate use for.
  • @mrsconn23 Glad his first day went well! :) Must be a huge change ;)

@levioosa Yikes! Hopefully there's no damage and the area is okay :( Any idea on what caused it?

@charlotte989875 Happy bday Mr.Charlotte :) we're at the 'buy useful things as gifts' stage also.

@OliveOilsMom Vibes for raise/bonus :)

@short+sassy  @CharmedPam I've been waking a lot briefly in the night. Sometimes it's cats. Sometimes it's thirst.

Not much last night. Did a load of laundry. Watched tv and cats cuddled me lmfao.

Pretty much SSDD today - stopping at my mum's place tonight to see about my uncle watching our place while we're gone and drop stuff off at her place.

I have a photo to post later .... hopefully TK mobile will work properly!
  • @MissKittyDanger no word on what started it yet. Fires start here all the time though. I swear his sister would die in a real serious situation though. I kept an eye on the fire through the night and this morning. I texted her earlier asking her if there was an update and she said she thought they'd put it out. I guess a friend texted her that it was out. Um, since last night it's gained another thousand acres. I sent her the link to the calfire website. 

• @misskittydanger!  not that faint! :) woot! woot!

• @MissKittyDanger aahhhh I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

@CharmedPam good luck with the endoscopy!! I’ve had a few of those. Not the most fun but hopefully you get the answers you’re looking for!

@mrsconn23 your trip sounds fun! I hope your H ends up being able to go. If he doesn’t, how much driving is that for you???

@levioosa that’s so scary! Super nice if you to make up the guest room for your SIL. I hope she stays safe!

Babypants slept 6 hours straight last night so we were up and at em at 6am. And she was super smiley and giggly so I got 90 minutes of super fun interaction with her before I needed to nurse her again and put her down for a nap. She’s started growing out of her newborn clothes so we are going to target a little later to get a storage tote for the clothes that she’s grown out of. 
    Right!? It's not hugely strong but it's noticeable. It's like the first day I could test so it was a shot in the dark! 
  • @sparklepants41 nooo not out of newborn stuff yet! But yay for giggles :)

@*Barbie* thanks! :)
    Right!? It's not hugely strong but it's noticeable. It's like the first day I could test so it was a shot in the dark! 

Definitely a positive.  Although I've heard from the TTC boards that the blue tests can be iffy (that said, the iffy pics I've seen are WAY less clear than that).

Congrats!

• 6fsn said:
    @charlotte989875 my dad left his rain coat at our house. His birthday was the next week so I wrapped it to be funny. He thought it was a new coat and was so freaking excited. 

Ive been starting to run so went and got fitted for shoes. It was interesting and now I'm excited for ew shoes and socks. I also picked up a new fall coat, a Teri's water bottle, and a litter mat thingy. My retail therapy is sad. 
    That's fantastic. I'm not entirely convinced H wouldn't know if I wrapped up some of his hunting gear and gave it to him. He has so much I'm not sure he knows all of what he has. 
  • @MissKittyDanger, oooooohhhh...crossing fingers!

@CharmedPam, it sounds like you did get to spend some quality time with your brother?  And your SIL didn't hog him with her family?  Hope the endoscopy has good results for you.

@levioosa, I hope everything is okay with your SO's sister.  When I was going to CSU San Marcos, they evacuated an area across a major street from me because of a fire.  I put everything I wanted the most, that would fit in one armload, onto my bed ready to grab.  JIC.  It turned out to be a surprising exercise of "what would you save".  Thankfully, the fire never jumped the road and we did not have to evacuate.  Dry summers.  Bad stuff.

@OliveOilsMom, good luck on your review and (hopefully) a raise.  Come to think of it, I'll be at my job 5 years in Nov.  Longest I've ever been in one place.  Haven't had a raise in 2 years because our project was barely treading water.  Now that things are more solid, it better be a big raise.  But I'm not holding my breath.  They've given me a promotion twice.  Neither one with more money.  I'm such a sucker (sigh).

@sparklepants41, yay sleep!  Happy, giggling babies are just the cutest!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jh715 said:
    @misskittydanger!  not that faint! :) woot! woot!

Definitely a positive.  Although I've heard from the TTC boards that the blue tests can be iffy (that said, the iffy pics I've seen are WAY less clear than that).

Congrats!

I've heard the pink/red dye ones are sketch, so maybe it depends on brand?
    But you're right, the iffy ones are typically more faint!
  • MKD - I am with others that it's the blue dye that's less reliable, but that's definitely a positive. Any line at all, especially that early... that's positive. Congrats!!
  • @CharmedPam, it sounds like you did get to spend some quality time with your brother?  And your SIL didn't hog him with her family?  Hope the endoscopy has good results for you.

well yeah, only because they were fighting. lol.  She stayed with her parents and my brother needed to get away and crashed on my couch.  I would have been more irritated if I wasn't going to drive to see them next month and have my one on one time with the cutie patootie baby. 

• @OliveOilsMom, that is GREAT news!!! Congrats!  A raise, a promotion, and more opportunities.  Trifecta!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @OliveOilsMom yayy congrats on everything!! Tri-win!
  • @OliveOilsMom congrats!!! Awesome news!!!