Wedding Woes

Let her cancel Thanksgiving.

2»

Re: Let her cancel Thanksgiving.

• I think this would be the year I’d say, “Screw it,” to everyone, including the H, and go volunteer at a community meal for Thanksgiving.
    Ha!

"Dear, you are welcome to host everyone, including Uncle Bob, at our house, since it is so unreasonable not to include him or have a meal anywhere else. I'll be at _____ Community Services. There's a great cookbook above the fridge you can study up from, since you're totally right, it doesn't make any sense at all to ask others to contribute any food."
  • I think this would be the year I’d say, “Screw it,” to everyone, including the H, and go volunteer at a community meal for Thanksgiving.
    Ha!

"Dear, you are welcome to host everyone, including Uncle Bob, at our house, since it is so unreasonable not to include him or have a meal anywhere else. I'll be at _____ Community Services. There's a great cookbook above the fridge you can study up from, since you're totally right, it doesn't make any sense at all to ask others to contribute any food."
    After I got done serving people who’d actually appreciate it, I’d take myself to a nice dinner and a movie, and when I finally did come home, retire to the bedroom with a good book.

• If I were her, I'd unapologetically send THIS LETTER out and be like "this is how I do thanksgiving. don't like it? you host it."
    What. The. Hell?!

Image result for shocked face gif

(Also, it's fucking hilarious with a second reading.) 
  • @mrsconn23 - it's seriously one of my favorite things ever. I laugh so hard every time I read it. Because it's ridiculous, but also because I can relate to hosting a crowd that expects me to do everything. 

So the crew from AFP found the real Marney and interviewed her. The interview is every bit as amazing as the letter. To see it, scroll down past the letter and view the "Marney Speaks" video.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm really late to this party, but I can't get over how her H thinks SHE'S unreasonable when his mom's request to his wife is "Thanksgiving is SO much work so I want you to pay for all of it, and cook all of it, and serve it, and clean up after it. And also, you have to do it exactly how I would do it. Oh and I want you to open your home to MY guest list - whether they offend you or not." 

To this BSC request, LW is like "hmmm ok but I'd like help and not racism" and everyone freaks out and calls her unreasonable. LOL!!!

If I were her, I'd unapologetically send THIS LETTER out and be like "this is how I do thanksgiving. don't like it? you host it."
    That is golden!  I think my favorite was telling Lisa she needs to participate at an adult level, now that she is a married woman.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:

If I were her, I'd unapologetically send THIS LETTER out and be like "this is how I do thanksgiving. don't like it? you host it."
    What. The. Hell?!

Image result for shocked face gif

(Also, it's fucking hilarious with a second reading.) 
    That was my face to "Lisa as a married woman you are now expected to contribute at the adult level". FFS I'd stay single just to not have to participate in this debacle. 
  • @mrsconn23 - it's seriously one of my favorite things ever. I laugh so hard every time I read it. Because it's ridiculous, but also because I can relate to hosting a crowd that expects me to do everything. 

So the crew from AFP found the real Marney and interviewed her. The interview is every bit as amazing as the letter. To see it, scroll down past the letter and view the "Marney Speaks" video.
    Is there any possibility that the video is completely made up?   It looks far too well done.
  • levioosa said:
    My favorite was the "no cheese (you know how Mike is)." So much shade being thrown. Lol
    And for the Amy Misto family (why do I even bother, she won't read this anyway).  Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    So I actually have one of the AFP books, it's hilarious, but I'd never seen this letter!! Insane!

Marney reminds me of those brides that tell their BMs "this color-this length-this fabric" but then still want to see the dress! like if you want me to bring the green beans I will but don't tell me how to prepare them! 

Eta : if amy isn't going to read the letter why is she being assigned dessert?! That's one of the best parts! 
  • eileenrob said:
    So I actually have one of the AFP books, it's hilarious, but I'd never seen this letter!! Insane!

Marney reminds me of those brides that tell their BMs "this color-this length-this fabric" but then still want to see the dress! like if you want me to bring the green beans I will but don't tell me how to prepare them! 

Eta : if amy isn't going to read the letter why is she being assigned dessert?! That's one of the best parts! 
    And the type of "casserole approved" container they need to be brought in.  With appropriate serving spoon, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm really late to this party, but I can't get over how her H thinks SHE'S unreasonable when his mom's request to his wife is "Thanksgiving is SO much work so I want you to pay for all of it, and cook all of it, and serve it, and clean up after it. And also, you have to do it exactly how I would do it. Oh and I want you to open your home to MY guest list - whether they offend you or not." 

To this BSC request, LW is like "hmmm ok but I'd like help and not racism" and everyone freaks out and calls her unreasonable. LOL!!!

I keep reading this letter and I love it lmfao! Such passive-aggressive snark :)
  • What is a "regulation size" casserole dish? Who regulates that?
  • What is a "regulation size" casserole dish? Who regulates that?
    It's 12 inches. Obviously. 

• levioosa said:
    What is a "regulation size" casserole dish? Who regulates that?
    It'd better fill the whole 12 inches ...
  • levioosa said:
    I will now think of @levioosa as the casserole regulation agency, and @short+sassy as casserole size enforcement.
    scroll down to the "Marney Speaks" video. They ask her that and her "12 inches" response appropriately translates to "12 inches...obviously, you fucking moron. who doesn't know that?" lmao!
    *********************************************************************************

• levioosa said:
    I will now think of @levioosa as the casserole regulation agency, and @short+sassy as casserole size enforcement.
    scroll down to the "Marney Speaks" video. They ask her that and her "12 inches" response appropriately translates to "12 inches...obviously, you fucking moron. who doesn't know that?" lmao!
    I loved when they asked her about Amy Misto and she froze. Deer in headlights. And said “she’s family. I love her.” And then got all awkward and wouldn’t answer any more questions. 
  • "Looking forward to the 28th!!"  Lol, no. I would peace out and do something else. 
  • @southernbelle0915 You are awesome for sharing that letter.  It was amazing.  
    My favourite part was also the Lisa now being a married woman and having to contribute.