Wedding Woes

Wednesday

DH is definitely feeling the honeymoon phase of the new job.  ;)  I like this DH much better than the grouchy, stressed one who hated getting up and wanted to check out when getting home.  I hope it continues. 

It's finally no longer in the 90's.  I was over the heatwave before it started. 

I talked to the kiddo last night on the way to work and even if DH can't make our VA trip, I think we're going to go ahead and go.  He's excited at the prospect of being the second driver and he needs the hours.  He's got to get his license.  It will be easier on all of us once he has it. 

Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Wednesday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    sounds like I would let him be a 2nd driver even if H goes, @mrsconn23! get some hours out of the way!

Last weekend I found some SUPER cute tops for my nieces at target.  $8 bucks each.  But then yesterday that turned to "oh, they need some gel clings for their windows...and some Halloween stickers...and oh! cute Halloween musical cards".  Cute musical cards are $9.99 each!!!!  Add the $15.50 it was to ship to them, and my cute $8 tops turned into $60 for some Halloween gifts.  I'm going to get real with you.  I didn't spend that much on them for Christmas (which is actually, already at their house in Canada)!!

I went to see "friend request" last night on my own.  That movie won't be in theaters very long and H and i have a huge list to get through.  Usually we go together, but he was working and I didn't want to miss out on the $5 Tuesday deal and the $5.50 small drink/popcorn combo deal.  When I rang my ticket up the lady was "oh, you decided to come out by yourself, did you?"

Yes, Yes I did.   I am a STRONG confident woman who has no problem going to the movies by herself.  Or was - up to that point.  Now I think everyone's judging me.  Thanks, lady.

• @mrsconn23 It's amazing when even the smallest thing changes and it's like "See how bad it was!?" {even though your H knew lol} That happened with M when he got his new job, it was such a change in him that he then realized how unhappy/stressed/etc he was at old place.
    Luck to kiddo for extra driving! :)

SSDD at work.
    Saw my mum last night and told her. She's hesitant to be excited since it's so early but I think she'll be better once I see my dr.

This morning took 2 more tests. One digital and another was dollarama {medicare} brand, which is lower HcG levels. Both showed up pretty quick. Digital said "pregnant" within 30sec and as expected, said 1-2 weeks {I figured that's what it would say} and the Medicare was faint, but definitely there.

Yup. Officially pregnant. I'm seeing my dr next Tuesday.
    We're telling M's mum and stepdad tonight, and I'm buying maternity bra tonight because .... well I need it. lmao!
    So happy for you guys! That is exciting stuff!

• sounds like I would let him be a 2nd driver even if H goes, @mrsconn23! get some hours out of the way!

Last weekend I found some SUPER cute tops for my nieces at target.  $8 bucks each.  But then yesterday that turned to "oh, they need some gel clings for their windows...and some Halloween stickers...and oh! cute Halloween musical cards".  Cute musical cards are $9.99 each!!!!  Add the $15.50 it was to ship to them, and my cute $8 tops turned into $60 for some Halloween gifts.  I'm going to get real with you.  I didn't spend that much on them for Christmas (which is actually, already at their house in Canada)!!

I went to see "friend request" last night on my own.  That movie won't be in theaters very long and H and i have a huge list to get through.  Usually we go together, but he was working and I didn't want to miss out on the $5 Tuesday deal and the $5.50 small drink/popcorn combo deal.  When I rang my ticket up the lady was "oh, you decided to come out by yourself, did you?"

Yes, Yes I did.   I am a STRONG confident woman who has no problem going to the movies by herself.  Or was - up to that point.  Now I think everyone's judging me.  Thanks, lady.
    Oh the kiddo is going to drive for sure on our trip.  He'll get more time if it's just me and him. And if DH comes, I probably won't have to drive at all and I prefer it that way. 

Secondly, that lady needs to STFU.  Who cares if you're alone or meeting friends or seeing your secret boyfriend? IT DOES NOT MATTER.  You needed one ticket and she needed to take your money for it.  No further comment needed.  She would 10/10 not say that to a dude.  
  • @CharmedPam M's super skeptical still because we're "not out of the woods" yet - I think after seeing the dr he'll be more excited. 
    Wtf at that lady saying that!? It's none of her damn business who you see a movie with...

Btw what's on your movie list?
  • Congrats @MissKittyDanger such exciting news!

Not much here; work is busy, H was cranky last night (and again this morning) and it's still insanely hot. 
  • @CharmedPam M's super skeptical still because we're "not out of the woods" yet - I think after seeing the dr he'll be more excited. 
    Wtf at that lady saying that!? It's none of her damn business who you see a movie with...

Kingsman
    American Made
    Flatliners
    Super Dark times
    and Happy Death Day when it comes out (which I'm not sure when it will...)

Kingsman
    American Made
    Flatliners
    Super Dark times
    and Happy Death Day when it comes out (which I'm not sure when it will...)
    M & I wanna see Kingsman and M is debating on American Made {he's an airplane enthusiast lol} and Flatliners
  • Battle of the sexes maaaaaybe.  We have $5 Tuesdays so sometimes it's not a real loss for us.

I spent $26 on mother! and it was the worst $26 I ever spent.

• Battle of the sexes maaaaaybe.  We have $5 Tuesdays so sometimes it's not a real loss for us.

I spent $26 on mother! and it was the worst $26 I ever spent.
    I've heard mixed reviews about it. M isn't a huge J.Lawr fan so he's opted to skip out on that one.
    M also wants to see "Dunkirk" because it's highly acclaimed about the accuracy.

Now I'm looking at the movies coming soon to see what I wanna see lmao
  • sounds like I would let him be a 2nd driver even if H goes, @mrsconn23! get some hours out of the way!

There have been a number of times I've "abandoned" my online cart because it was filled with all these amazing deals!  Until I got to the shipping, lol.

Amen to that!  Forget her and her weird, off-base comment.  I don't think going to a movie...or restaurant...or anything is unusual.  Heck, a few years ago I took a trip to Atlantic City with a side trip to NYC, all by myself.  Because my H didn't want to go and the AC portion (including flight) was free from Harrahs.  I wasn't missing out on that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There have been a number of times I've "abandoned" my online cart because it was filled with all these amazing deals!  Until I got to the shipping, lol.

I think I've been spoiled with amazon's free shipping.  I do that too! I realize it's not free shipping at the end and then come to terms with amazon probably putting the shipping costs in their prices.  But it tricks me enough to still buy from amazon only.  And that's what other places should do.  Put the shipping cost in the price!  I had a real cool cake decorating kit in my cart just the other day, but with $15.00 shipping I said no way!

• This morning took 2 more tests. One digital and another was dollarama {medicare} brand, which is lower HcG levels. Both showed up pretty quick. Digital said "pregnant" within 30sec and as expected, said 1-2 weeks {I figured that's what it would say} and the Medicare was faint, but definitely there.

We're telling M's mum and stepdad tonight, and I'm buying maternity bra tonight because .... well I need it. lmao!

So many congratulations!

As an active TTC'er I'd caution against taking dye tests daily (sometimes you don't get the change you think you should day to day, and just accept that you're pregnant.

Also, I'd be hesitant to buy a 'maternity bra' at this point, cause they're really just regular bras but overpriced, and your boobs are likely to change throughout the pregnancy.  I'd recommend just buying a few bras from Marshalls or Winners in a size up, then as you size down again after/during breastfeeding (or whenever), you've got normal bras.

And, tell M to get on board. At the risk of being negative, you're not "out of the woods" till you've got that baby in your arms, so celebrate it, enjoy it, and try to think positive.

AFM, I've scientifically deduced that all three times I've been pregnant (one full term baby, on CP and one miscarriage), I got pregnant on CD 11.  Doesn't mean it'll work this time around, but I like knowing things like this, so there's value to me in tracking.

DH and I ran stairs last night.  Usually I back carry DD, but he took her this time.  When he was done, she decided she needed to do stairs as well, so my 2 year old climbed 242 stairs, just cause mommy and dada did it and she's all about monkey see, monkey do right now.

• jh715 said:
    This morning took 2 more tests. One digital and another was dollarama {medicare} brand, which is lower HcG levels. Both showed up pretty quick. Digital said "pregnant" within 30sec and as expected, said 1-2 weeks {I figured that's what it would say} and the Medicare was faint, but definitely there.

So many congratulations!

As an active TTC'er I'd caution against taking dye tests daily (sometimes you don't get the change you think you should day to day, and just accept that you're pregnant.

Also, I'd be hesitant to buy a 'maternity bra' at this point, cause they're really just regular bras but overpriced, and your boobs are likely to change throughout the pregnancy.  I'd recommend just buying a few bras from Marshalls or Winners in a size up, then as you size down again after/during breastfeeding (or whenever), you've got normal bras.

And, tell M to get on board. At the risk of being negative, you're not "out of the woods" till you've got that baby in your arms, so celebrate it, enjoy it, and try to think positive.

AFM, I've scientifically deduced that all three times I've been pregnant (one full term baby, on CP and one miscarriage), I got pregnant on CD 11.  Doesn't mean it'll work this time around, but I like knowing things like this, so there's value to me in tracking.

DH and I ran stairs last night.  Usually I back carry DD, but he took her this time.  When he was done, she decided she needed to do stairs as well, so my 2 year old climbed 242 stairs, just cause mommy and dada did it and she's all about monkey see, monkey do right now.

First, thank you :)
    I had extra tests, so I wanted back up - plus the digital one would give the accuracy I was hoping for {and expected lol}
    I can only wear one bra at this moment because my boobs have grown and sheer uncomfortable I can't wear them. So I just wanna get one back up right now.
    Last month - I'm not sure if you were on these boards then - I was able to talk to a maternity store about bras {because my boobs grew more} I figure if I need any other, I'll wait more. I just need a 2nd for rotation purposes lol

Was your H hesitant about being excited at the begging about your child? I feel like once we see the dr, M might feel better - or maybe that first ultrasound.
  • Congrats MKD!! So exciting! 

We have decided not to find out if we're having a boy or a girl this time and I'm surprised how many people feel entitled to know/have an opinion about whether we find out. It is blowing my mind. It's so odd how once you get pregnant, it's like your body and your choices no longer belong to you and you're public property. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Work vent, non-profit edition: Reminding adults not to be on their cell phones.

I'm planning an event next week that I've done all the organizing, marketing, and planning for, along with my supervisor. And another member of our management team (who is not my supervisor, but supervises most/all of the people coming to the event) sends a, IMO, pretty pointed email to only some employees attending about not being on their phones during the event. It's a day long workshop, during work hours (and hours when people's kids are at school/day care). These are also professional adults, who she's treating like children. 

This is an intensive workshop, we're asking a lot of the employees who are coming, and we distinctly tried to make it an environment where people are encouraged to be open/honest/comfortable and non-punative. And then she sends this super condescending email. Like, c'mon why undo all the work I'm doing here?!
  • edited September 2017
    @southernbelle0915 I hate surprises, so we're gonna find out {also there is a strong male gene on M's side of the family, I'm hoping we break that ;)!} We're still getting gender neutral stuff for the most part {haven't decided on another kid, but you never know} But I know many people who don't. It's almost a shock to people when they don't decide.
    Sorry, but it's up to the parents .... no society/others. You're brave for not finding out lmao

@short+sassy  thanks! :) So far so good. Smells just seem stronger {good and bad kind} and as I mentioned, I'm getting a maternity bra lol Biggest change is my mindset - I'm either thinking I have to pee, or how hungry I am. Trying not to "eat for 2" so I just have small snacks more often. {like some pickles and cheese, then about 2hrs later another pickle or something else that's small like crackers}
  • Congrats MKD!! So exciting! 

We have decided not to find out if we're having a boy or a girl this time and I'm surprised how many people feel entitled to know/have an opinion about whether we find out. It is blowing my mind. It's so odd how once you get pregnant, it's like your body and your choices no longer belong to you and you're public property. 
    both my siblings have done this. I have no opinion either way. Me, personally would just have to know, but I find it so exciting for them to wait till the day to find out.  It's like a different call from whomever gets to call me.   Because we all have bets in our head (sometimes on paper) on what the sex is.  

• @southernbelle0915 I hate surprises, so we're gonna find out {also there is a strong male gene on M's side of the family, I'm hoping we break that ;)!} We're still getting gender neutral stuff for the most part {haven't decided on another kid, but you never know} But I know many people who don't. It's almost a shock to people when they don't decide.
    Sorry, but it's up to the parents .... no society/others. You're brave for not finding out lmao

@short+sassy  thanks! :) So far so good. Smells just seem stronger {good and bad kind} and as I mentioned, I'm getting a maternity bra lol Biggest change is my mindset - I'm either thinking I have to pee, or how hungry I am. Trying not to "eat for 2" so I just have small snacks more often. {like some pickles and cheese, then about 2hrs later another pickle or something else that's small like crackers}

During my sister's pregnancies, she swore by having small snacks every couple hours.  During her first trimester, she kept the snacks bland...like crackers...and it really helped her morning sickness.  Which, contrary to the popular term, isn't always just in the morning!  At least it wasn't for her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Was your H hesitant about being excited at the begging about your child? I feel like once we see the dr, M might feel better - or maybe that first ultrasound.
    He was excited right away, and again when we were pregnant in January (found out New Years Day). I think that having experienced a loss, both of us will now be more cautiously excited, but we'll get past it by the first US I'm sure.
  • I got a new computer at work yesterday with updated software, so I'm still adjusting to all the new ribbons in Outlook and Excel.  So far so good.  At least my computer has a CD drive, many of the new ones do not and I need them semi-frequently!

We also got good news that all of the "hard core" yogis at my office - there are 6 of us - are having their next yoga session for the firm paid for!  That will save me $120 and get me through till the new year!  So I only will need to worry about paying for the 2nd class that I take!

Last night I was able to bake my friend's birthday cake and give the dog a bath!  She has been scratching since we came back from the shore, so I'm thinking she picked up some sand fleas.  Even though she is on flea and tick medicine, I gave her the bath last night to take care of anything that may have been on her and give her some scratching relief.  Hope it helps the pup!  Then this morning, I got the cake layer in the freezer.

I also have ribs set up to cook for dinner.  I pulled them out of the freezer and got them seasoned and the oven programmed.  Its actually a pretty easy way to do the ribs, because they thaw while in the oven and then start cooking.  They will finish cooking just as H gets home from work/daycare with DD.

We do need to figure out a sleeping pattern that has started with DD.  She crashes hard after daycare and can nap for over 2 hours - until 6:30 most of the time.  Then she eats dinner and is so crabby, she goes to bed an hour later.  I just wish she would sleep at daycare, but for now, she has FOMO on the action.  She really only gives them 30-45 minutes of naps about twice per day.

• The wonky sleep stuff sucks @OliveOilsMom.  Everything is just a phase, but some phases seem much longer than others.  ;)

I had my annual today. I knew it was coming, but they're sending me for cholesterol bloodwork (and thyroid and whatever else they test for) because my response to 'when was the last time it was tested?' was 'never'.   It's to be expected as I'm approaching my late 30's, but it just serves as a reminder that I'm not getting any younger.  Blerg.  I need a nap and an ice cream cone. 
  • Had an estimate for refinishing our kitchen sink today. I read the company reviews on line. They are overall good but there were a few that said the refinishing didn't last. It will be $600 so now I'm thinking about it. Our current sink is pitted and badly stained. I can't find anyone to replace it in our granite countertops unless the counter top is remove - no way!

I'm having a difficult time accepting a decision my son and FDIL have made about their wedding. They are having an extremely small wedding - immediate family and a few friends only. No wedding party so there is no rehearsal/rehearsal dinner. Now for the part I don't like - the night before the wedding, they want the parents to meet and get to know one another. When DS1 said they want the families to have dinner, I thought he meant this would include DD and SIL. DS2 and GF won't arrive until after dinner. Now I'm being told siblings aren't invited to the dinner. This is a destination wedding (not in a typical destination spot though) for everyone. I feel it is rude not to include siblings for the dinner. DD isn't very happy because they will basically be on their own, in a small town not knowing anyone except our family. I've expressed to DS1 that I'm not happy about this - seriously we can't get to know each other well in just a couple of hours. When they first were engaged, we offered to pay for a rehearsal dinner but weren't taken up on the offer since no rehearsal. I also offered to get together with the bride's parents but was told DS1 and FDIL wanted us all to be together to meet.

Vent over.
  • @ilovebeachmusic, yikes, that's a tough spot to be in.  If DD and SIL have to pay for a meal on their own anyway, out in this town, can they offer to pay their meal the night before too? and add 2 more to the reservation?  I know its hosted and they shouldn't have to, but if would they go if it didn't bother them to?

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    on another note.  I have the chase freedom reward cards, where every quarter they offer 5% off certain categories.  October - December is Walmart.  I'm kinda bummed.  Last year it was amazon. Sure, I shop Walmart, but I already have an incentive card there! Earning 5% back on amazon was an amazing feeling near the holidays. 

edit:  I stand corrected.  I thought it read Walmart department stores, it's Walmart & department stores.  A liiiiiitle bit better, but no amazon. 

• Had an estimate for refinishing our kitchen sink today. I read the company reviews on line. They are overall good but there were a few that said the refinishing didn't last. It will be $600 so now I'm thinking about it. Our current sink is pitted and badly stained. I can't find anyone to replace it in our granite countertops unless the counter top is remove - no way!

I'm having a difficult time accepting a decision my son and FDIL have made about their wedding. They are having an extremely small wedding - immediate family and a few friends only. No wedding party so there is no rehearsal/rehearsal dinner. Now for the part I don't like - the night before the wedding, they want the parents to meet and get to know one another. When DS1 said they want the families to have dinner, I thought he meant this would include DD and SIL. DS2 and GF won't arrive until after dinner. Now I'm being told siblings aren't invited to the dinner. This is a destination wedding (not in a typical destination spot though) for everyone. I feel it is rude not to include siblings for the dinner. DD isn't very happy because they will basically be on their own, in a small town not knowing anyone except our family. I've expressed to DS1 that I'm not happy about this - seriously we can't get to know each other well in just a couple of hours. When they first were engaged, we offered to pay for a rehearsal dinner but weren't taken up on the offer since no rehearsal. I also offered to get together with the bride's parents but was told DS1 and FDIL wanted us all to be together to meet.

Vent over.
    Such a bummer. I'd have been so hurt to be excluded from my sister's "rehearsal" dinner. 

Vent over.
    Such a bummer. I'd have been so hurt to be excluded from my sister's "rehearsal" dinner. 
    Me too.