Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• on another note.  I have the chase freedom reward cards, where every quarter they offer 5% off certain categories.  October - December is Walmart.  I'm kinda bummed.  Last year it was amazon. Sure, I shop Walmart, but I already have an incentive card there! Earning 5% back on amazon was an amazing feeling near the holidays. 

edit:  I stand corrected.  I thought it read Walmart department stores, it's Walmart & department stores.  A liiiiiitle bit better, but no amazon. 

YYYAAAAASSSSS!!!!  At least for me.  I shop at Walmart all the time.  It's my main grocery store.  I also get some of my prescriptions filled there.  I actually have a few refills I need.  Now I will wait until Oct. 1st and after activating the new quarter.

It was super awesome for this quarter.  The special category was restaurants.  Of which, I spent a lot on during my trip to Chicago, lol!

I got that statement a few days ago.  This was me.  Happy Face -- Wow, I got $35 more in points just in this last month!  As it slowly turns to Sad Face, because I can't control my brain automatically calculating that out to be, "Crap, did I really spend $700 just in restaurants? lol."

I have an Amazon specific credit card that I already get 5% back on all year long.  Perhaps look into one of those?  It is also nice because they apply the 5% back on purchases to the statement each month, so I don't even have to bother with remembering to cash anything in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @*Barbie* everyone keeps asking if M will be okay in delivery room. I just remind them he helped skin a deer last fall, so I'm pretty comfortable he won't. A buddy/former coworker passed out 2x when his wife was in labour for 2nd child but that was dehydration/low sugar.
    Some of the stuff we like are 'boy' things also! I figure girls can play with boy things and boys can play with girl things. How pear-clutching! ;)
    {we joke if it's a girl she'll be either a great shooter or construction worker, and if it's a boy he could be the next great designer! ;)!}

Funny story, my mum and the dr said 'girl' same time when I was born lol - she didn't know either, she just had a feeling.
  • Had an estimate for refinishing our kitchen sink today. I read the company reviews on line. They are overall good but there were a few that said the refinishing didn't last. It will be $600 so now I'm thinking about it. Our current sink is pitted and badly stained. I can't find anyone to replace it in our granite countertops unless the counter top is remove - no way!

I'm having a difficult time accepting a decision my son and FDIL have made about their wedding. They are having an extremely small wedding - immediate family and a few friends only. No wedding party so there is no rehearsal/rehearsal dinner. Now for the part I don't like - the night before the wedding, they want the parents to meet and get to know one another. When DS1 said they want the families to have dinner, I thought he meant this would include DD and SIL. DS2 and GF won't arrive until after dinner. Now I'm being told siblings aren't invited to the dinner. This is a destination wedding (not in a typical destination spot though) for everyone. I feel it is rude not to include siblings for the dinner. DD isn't very happy because they will basically be on their own, in a small town not knowing anyone except our family. I've expressed to DS1 that I'm not happy about this - seriously we can't get to know each other well in just a couple of hours. When they first were engaged, we offered to pay for a rehearsal dinner but weren't taken up on the offer since no rehearsal. I also offered to get together with the bride's parents but was told DS1 and FDIL wanted us all to be together to meet.

Vent over.

That's frustrating with the sink!  I've looked into having bath tubs refinished and have seen similar reviews.  Like, it's great for the first year (assuming the company does a good job to begin with), but it doesn't last.

For the son and FDIL night before dinner, it is possible to compromise?  For example, maybe only the dinner is parents/couple only and then everyone is free to do what they want.  As in, everyone can go hangout together.

Or, even better, maybe the parents/couple can have "getting to know you" afternoon tea/coffee and then have a dinner where siblings are invited also.

I understand your disappointment!  I wasn't in my sister's WP, but was certainly invited to the rehearsal dinner.  I would have been very hurt, if I hadn't been.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had an estimate for refinishing our kitchen sink today. I read the company reviews on line. They are overall good but there were a few that said the refinishing didn't last. It will be $600 so now I'm thinking about it. Our current sink is pitted and badly stained. I can't find anyone to replace it in our granite countertops unless the counter top is remove - no way!

I'm having a difficult time accepting a decision my son and FDIL have made about their wedding. They are having an extremely small wedding - immediate family and a few friends only. No wedding party so there is no rehearsal/rehearsal dinner. Now for the part I don't like - the night before the wedding, they want the parents to meet and get to know one another. When DS1 said they want the families to have dinner, I thought he meant this would include DD and SIL. DS2 and GF won't arrive until after dinner. Now I'm being told siblings aren't invited to the dinner. This is a destination wedding (not in a typical destination spot though) for everyone. I feel it is rude not to include siblings for the dinner. DD isn't very happy because they will basically be on their own, in a small town not knowing anyone except our family. I've expressed to DS1 that I'm not happy about this - seriously we can't get to know each other well in just a couple of hours. When they first were engaged, we offered to pay for a rehearsal dinner but weren't taken up on the offer since no rehearsal. I also offered to get together with the bride's parents but was told DS1 and FDIL wanted us all to be together to meet.

Vent over.
    What a bummer.   Ditto @short+sassy.   Would it be possible to compromise and do a get together lunch or cocktails? 

It's such a crappy situation that he's putting you in by doing that.   
  • @*Barbie* everyone keeps asking if M will be okay in delivery room. I just remind them he helped skin a deer last fall, so I'm pretty comfortable he won't. A buddy/former coworker passed out 2x when his wife was in labour for 2nd child but that was dehydration/low sugar.
    Some of the stuff we like are 'boy' things also! I figure girls can play with boy things and boys can play with girl things. How pear-clutching! ;)
    {we joke if it's a girl she'll be either a great shooter or construction worker, and if it's a boy he could be the next great designer! ;)!}

Funny story, my mum and the dr said 'girl' same time when I was born lol - she didn't know either, she just had a feeling.

With their first baby, who they knew was going to be a girl, my sister and BIL talked about that they weren't going to buy her anything pink because society would "genderize" her soon enough.  Though, if other people got her pink things, that was okay too and they'd use them.

But I took a cue from their page and didn't get her anything pink.  Both of them are avid football fans.  They both like the Chargers, though my BIL likes the Seahawks even more.  He is originally from Seattle.

I made sure one of my gifts to my baby niece was a little Saints t-shirt with matching sockies.  I included a note, addressed just to her, that said something like, "I'll warn you.  Over the next few years, you are going to see your parents vie over if you are going to be a Chargers or a Seahawks fan.  But we know you are secretly going to be a Saints fan!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

With their first baby, who they knew was going to be a girl, my sister and BIL talked about that they weren't going to buy her anything pink because society would "genderize" her soon enough.  Though, if other people got her pink things, that was okay too and they'd use them.

But I took a cue from their page and didn't get her anything pink.  Both of them are avid football fans.  They both like the Chargers, though my BIL likes the Seahawks even more.  He is originally from Seattle.

I made sure one of my gifts to my baby niece was a little Saints t-shirt with matching sockies.  I included a note, addressed just to her, that said something like, "I'll warn you.  Over the next few years, you are going to see your parents vie over if you are going to be a Chargers or a Seahawks fan.  But we know you are secretly going to be a Saints fan!"

hahahahaha <3! MIL and sFIL are Sens fans, BIL is a Canadien's fan, so I see him buying something Canadien's just cuz :P 

Also .... dying over sockies :') they're so cute! Bet you BIL and S loved the note though ;)
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    @short+sassy, yeah, you're right I do a lot of grocery shopping there, so I'll consider it another 3 months of 5% off grocery store shopping. lol.  Plus they have the price matcher app too, and I have gotten some $ back from that.

Come to think of it, I was excluded from my bro's rehearsal dinner (not in the WP), it wasn't  until like 3 days before it that my Dad invited me (he was paying) and i knew it was last minute.  I felt really bad because my cousin and her boyfriend were in town too, not in the party, and not invited to the dinner. They had nothing to do either (a lot of family members didn't).  I opted to hang out with them, and it wasn't a big deal to me to do so....actually we got a hike in!  @ilovebeachmusic, your situation is a bit different since they're literally on their own.

• ILoveBeachMusic - I know you offered to pay and was turned down, but I would push back on DS and FDIL about this dinner.  Assuming you both live close to each other, why do you have to wait until the day before the wedding to get to know her parents?  And why can't DD get to know the parents either?

I would specifically mention that its a DW and that DD put time and money into coming out to the wedding location.  If you are so inclined, even state you won't come without DD because you feel they are being so unkind. 

Just wondering - do you think they might be wanting to announce some big news at this dinner?

• @southernbelle0915 I hate surprises, so we're gonna find out {also there is a strong male gene on M's side of the family, I'm hoping we break that ;)!} We're still getting gender neutral stuff for the most part {haven't decided on another kid, but you never know} But I know many people who don't. It's almost a shock to people when they don't decide.
    Sorry, but it's up to the parents .... no society/others. You're brave for not finding out lmao

@short+sassy  thanks! :) So far so good. Smells just seem stronger {good and bad kind} and as I mentioned, I'm getting a maternity bra lol Biggest change is my mindset - I'm either thinking I have to pee, or how hungry I am. Trying not to "eat for 2" so I just have small snacks more often. {like some pickles and cheese, then about 2hrs later another pickle or something else that's small like crackers}

"Eating for Two" is such a pet peeve of mine.  I remember when I was pregnant with my son people basically trying to force me to eat more because. . . . eating for two!  No, you eat when you're hungry and you don't need twice as many calories just because you're pregnant.  It used to drive me crazy, I think I got it a lot because I'm naturally quite thin and didn't gain a ton so people felt the need to provide input.  My response was always "thank you for your concern, but my doctor thinks that both the baby and I are doing just fine"

I think it might be neat to not find out the baby's sex if we have another, but I just don't think I could do it!  I'm way to much of a planner.

I just went to the Christmas Tree Shoppe at lunch after going to the dermatologist.  Good news, nothing on me looks cancerous (I just wanted to get a once over. . . . you never know. I was even more on edge because my aunt passed away from cancer in July, and a cousin's almost 3 year old daughter over the weekend)  Bad news, I spent $100 on seasonal decorations.  I've never been a big decorator but now that we own a house and it's all ours to do whatever we want with, DH mentioned decorating.  I got some autumn colored/themed throw pillows for our big couch and a neat vintage silver looking pumpkin for the center of the dining table.  I think that's good for me, maybe i'll take our son to pick out a pumpkin for the front steps.  I don't want clutter decorations just for the sake of decorating, not my style!

• kaos16 said:
    @southernbelle0915 I hate surprises, so we're gonna find out {also there is a strong male gene on M's side of the family, I'm hoping we break that ;)!} We're still getting gender neutral stuff for the most part {haven't decided on another kid, but you never know} But I know many people who don't. It's almost a shock to people when they don't decide.
    Sorry, but it's up to the parents .... no society/others. You're brave for not finding out lmao

@short+sassy  thanks! :) So far so good. Smells just seem stronger {good and bad kind} and as I mentioned, I'm getting a maternity bra lol Biggest change is my mindset - I'm either thinking I have to pee, or how hungry I am. Trying not to "eat for 2" so I just have small snacks more often. {like some pickles and cheese, then about 2hrs later another pickle or something else that's small like crackers}

"Eating for Two" is such a pet peeve of mine.  I remember when I was pregnant with my son people basically trying to force me to eat more because. . . . eating for two!  No, you eat when you're hungry and you don't need twice as many calories just because you're pregnant.  It used to drive me crazy, I think I got it a lot because I'm naturally quite thin and didn't gain a ton so people felt the need to provide input.  My response was always "thank you for your concern, but my doctor thinks that both the baby and I are doing just fine"

I hate that too.  I also hate the food comments, "Ohhh, baby wants..."  No, *I* wanted it, so *I* decided to have it.  

I am not skinny at all, but I lost weight early in pregnancy because I didn't want to eat a damn thing.  I would prepare full dinners and eat two bites.  I had a huge aversion to meat, except bacon.  My older women co-workers would cluck a little bit because I wasn't eating enough (to them).   

And snacking throughout the day can help with nausea, MKD.  
  • ILoveBeachMusic - I know you offered to pay and was turned down, but I would push back on DS and FDIL about this dinner.  Assuming you both live close to each other, why do you have to wait until the day before the wedding to get to know her parents?  And why can't DD get to know the parents either?

I would specifically mention that its a DW and that DD put time and money into coming out to the wedding location.  If you are so inclined, even state you won't come without DD because you feel they are being so unkind. 

Just wondering - do you think they might be wanting to announce some big news at this dinner?

We live about 3 hours from her parents which is closer than both the wedding destination and where DS1 and FDIL live. DS1 knows I am unhappy about this so hopefully they will talk about it and change their minds. I don't want to put down an ultimatum about attending but will shorten the amount of time spent dining. The wedding is just a few weeks away and I just found out about this - had assumed siblings (FDIL has a brother) were invited. We don't have time to arrange a meeting with her parents now.

I sincerely hope they have no big news to announce.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    kaos16 said:
    @southernbelle0915 I hate surprises, so we're gonna find out {also there is a strong male gene on M's side of the family, I'm hoping we break that ;)!} We're still getting gender neutral stuff for the most part {haven't decided on another kid, but you never know} But I know many people who don't. It's almost a shock to people when they don't decide.

I hate that too.  I also hate the food comments, "Ohhh, baby wants..."  No, *I* wanted it, so *I* decided to have it.  

I am not skinny at all, but I lost weight early in pregnancy because I didn't want to eat a damn thing.  I would prepare full dinners and eat two bites.  I had a huge aversion to meat, except bacon.  My older women co-workers would cluck a little bit because I wasn't eating enough (to them).   

I'm naturally a snacker and I get hungry more often, so I try to eat when I'm hungry.

As for eating for the baby .... pregnancy may have pushed those options for me, but *I* made the decision {like pickles and glass of milk the other night lmfao}

I gotta keep an eye on my salt intake though. I feel I may be eating too much, so I might mention that to my dr just in case.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    kaos16 said:

I'm naturally a snacker and I get hungry more often, so I try to eat when I'm hungry.

As for eating for the baby .... pregnancy may have pushed those options for me, but *I* made the decision {like pickles and glass of milk the other night lmfao}

I gotta keep an eye on my salt intake though. I feel I may be eating too much, so I might mention that to my dr just in case.
    There was always a carton of ice cream and a back-up when I was pregnant.  ;) 

Since DK and I are both huge hockey fans, and our teams are bitter rivals (me- Penguins, him - Flyers), we agreed that we wouldn't buy any team stuff for the kid - but if relatives got her stuff, she could wear it. 

That so went out the window after a year or 2 - especially with the Pens winning the cup the past 2 years. She says she's a Penguins fan and the Flyers suck. I've trained her well. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    mrsconn23 said:

@MissKittyDanger, now, you know...just because "pickles" are the stereotype doesn't mean you always need to have a craving for them, lol.

@mrsconn23, My H doesn't have a good excuse like that.  Yet, he insists we always need to have a "back-up" cartoon of vanilla ice-cream, lol.  I tease him at least 1x/month, "Why is there chocolate cake and vanilla ice-cream on our grocery list again?"

Edited to add: my mom has a terrible "pregnant and craving pie" story.

She was pregnant with me back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth.  And the "bakery" area of a grocery store was the bread aisle.  She was craving coconut cream pie.  Weird, because I've never seen her eat that.  But, anyway.  That is what she tells my dad.  Except it is already evening and there is nothing open anymore.  So he goes to the grocery store.

And brings her home a mincemeat pie.  Because that was the only pie they had.

She's finally gives birth to me on Nov. 20th.  I was three weeks late (I think I'm still trying to make up that time).  She has complications and spends Thanksgiving in the hospital.  She wants pie again, but doesn't like the obvious choice of pumpkin.  She asks the nurse if there is anything else.  Why, yes!  Mincemeat pie, smh.  Poor mom.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:

@MissKittyDanger, now, you know...just because "pickles" are the stereotype doesn't mean you always need to have a craving for them, lol.

@mrsconn23, My H doesn't have a good excuse like that.  Yet, he insists we always need to have a "back-up" cartoon of vanilla ice-cream, lol.  I tease him at least 1x/month, "Why is there chocolate cake and vanilla ice-cream on our grocery list again?"

Ha, FW is the same way with peanut butter cups. They’re on the list pretty much every week. 
  • jh715 said:
    This morning took 2 more tests. One digital and another was dollarama {medicare} brand, which is lower HcG levels. Both showed up pretty quick. Digital said "pregnant" within 30sec and as expected, said 1-2 weeks {I figured that's what it would say} and the Medicare was faint, but definitely there.

Yup. Officially pregnant. I'm seeing my dr next Tuesday.
    We're telling M's mum and stepdad tonight, and I'm buying maternity bra tonight because .... well I need it. lmao!

So many congratulations!

As an active TTC'er I'd caution against taking dye tests daily (sometimes you don't get the change you think you should day to day, and just accept that you're pregnant.

Also, I'd be hesitant to buy a 'maternity bra' at this point, cause they're really just regular bras but overpriced, and your boobs are likely to change throughout the pregnancy.  I'd recommend just buying a few bras from Marshalls or Winners in a size up, then as you size down again after/during breastfeeding (or whenever), you've got normal bras.

And, tell M to get on board. At the risk of being negative, you're not "out of the woods" till you've got that baby in your arms, so celebrate it, enjoy it, and try to think positive.

AFM, I've scientifically deduced that all three times I've been pregnant (one full term baby, on CP and one miscarriage), I got pregnant on CD 11.  Doesn't mean it'll work this time around, but I like knowing things like this, so there's value to me in tracking.

DH and I ran stairs last night.  Usually I back carry DD, but he took her this time.  When he was done, she decided she needed to do stairs as well, so my 2 year old climbed 242 stairs, just cause mommy and dada did it and she's all about monkey see, monkey do right now.

Congrats @MissKittyDanger!!!! I’m so thrilled for you guys!!!

I completely agree with the above advice. You really don’t need “maternity” bras yet. Your boobs will get bigger and I echo just going toTJ Maxx or similar for cheaper “preggo size” bras. In your third trimester, however, if your boobs are like mine, they will be almost the size they’ll be when your milk comes in. At that point, but some nursing bras. Make sure you don’t get nursing bras with actual underwire - not sure why they make them because underwire can inhibit your milk production. They make nursing bras that have soft underwire if you need the support - those are comfy and will not impede your milk flow. 
  • The "eating for two" thing drives me nuts too. I could get on board with mayyyyybe "eating for 1.2 but only in the third trimester" but even that is generous. Depending on your starting weight, you may not need any extra calories AT ALL. 

And *I* (not baby) wanted cereal and orange juice my whole first pregnancy. This time I want Indian food. All of it. Give me so much butter chicken and naan I pop!
    Yup. The whole “eating for two” is just nutty. My first trimester I wanted chicken nuggets. My second and third trimester chicken grossed me out and all I wanted was lobster and fruit. 
  • Congratulations!  

Every body is different.   I wore the same bra through my first pregnancy but by the 3rd tri with my second I was larger than I'd ever been.  That said, they didn't stay that size and shrunk after birth.

It all depends on your overall size that IMO tells you what kind of bra to get.   If you're not large chested (I'm not) you may not need to go spend a lot of money on new bras.  

I will say that I wouldn't stock up on new shoes.  My feet went up about a whole size with Chiquita while pregnant and the swelling was quite lovely.  It wasn't as bad with DS but I did stretch out some work heels.  
  • edited September 2017
    @MissKittyDanger
    +whatever to don't buy maternity bras right now. #1 you don't need a bra that can be used for nursing right now. Just go to Walmart and buy some for $8. I bought one expensive one and then realized that was dumb so I went to Walmart one for $8 and off Amazon 3 for $20 as my boobs went from a B to a large C... and then I hit third tri and had a baby and now I'm a DDD. I waited probably a bit longer than necessary to buy after giving birth but that's when I had time to go to the store and buy a couple real nursing bras. And really, you're like four weeks pregnant so I highly doubt your boobs are so much bigger, wait a few more weeks to get a real idea of what they will be like during pregnancy, imo. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Yup. The whole “eating for two” is just nutty. My first trimester I wanted chicken nuggets. My second and third trimester chicken grossed me out and all I wanted was lobster and fruit. 

Especially if I lived in Boston, I'd want that all the time...pregnant or not, lol.

I'd have to double my "eating out" budget for all the lobster rolls I'd buy, lol.

I actually just did a Google search to see if, I'm wrong, and there is somewhere I can get a lobster roll in NOLA.  It looks like there are a few restaurants that serve them.  However, I am assuming that is (maybe) only in season.  Because I checked each of their current menus and there were none to be had.

And apparently there is an Orleans restaurant in Cape Cod that came up in my search.  Just to mess with me, lol.

I did come across a funny post on Chowhound.  A tourist had an upcoming trip and asked for advice on where to get a good lobster roll in NOLA.  She was politely shut down on multiple fronts and told to try an oyster poboy instead.  Someone mentioned that it is really more a Northeastern specialty and we don't really do that here.  She replies back that NOLA is such a seafood town, she figured we'd have great lobster rolls.  With a few replies of, no we don't, I don't even know where you would find one.

Whomp, whomp for me.  I've sometimes made a shrimp roll with the same ingredients, except shrimp.  It's pretty good. But just not the same thing :(.  Plus I have to make it myself.  No one sells something like that.  They should, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup. The whole “eating for two” is just nutty. My first trimester I wanted chicken nuggets. My second and third trimester chicken grossed me out and all I wanted was lobster and fruit. 

Especially if I lived in Boston, I'd want that all the time...pregnant or not, lol.

I'd have to double my "eating out" budget for all the lobster rolls I'd buy, lol.

I actually just did a Google search to see if, I'm wrong, and there is somewhere I can get a lobster roll in NOLA.  It looks like there are a few restaurants that serve them.  However, I am assuming that is (maybe) only in season.  Because I checked each of their current menus and there were none to be had.

And apparently there is an Orleans restaurant in Cape Cod that came up in my search.  Just to mess with me, lol.

I did come across a funny post on Chowhound.  A tourist had an upcoming trip and asked for advice on where to get a good lobster roll in NOLA.  She was politely shut down on multiple fronts and told to try an oyster poboy instead.  Someone mentioned that it is really more a Northeastern specialty and we don't really do that here.  She replies back that NOLA is such a seafood town, she figured we'd have great lobster rolls.  With a few replies of, no we don't, I don't even know where you would find one.

Whomp, whomp for me.  I've sometimes made a shrimp roll with the same ingredients, except shrimp.  It's pretty good. But just not the same thing :(.  Plus I have to make it myself.  No one sells something like that.  They should, lol.

Come to CT.   We created the HOT lobster roll.   IMO, they're far superior to the Mass / New England lobster roll created with mayo.   The mayo ruins the taste IMO but butter?   OMG Butter.   Butter is so good.   Butter just makes steamed lobster on a toasted bun taste like a bite of heaven.  
  • @short+sassy there’s actually a town on the Cape called Orleans. And once you find that lobster roll in NOLA go get it!! It’s a seasonal thing up here, but that’s because we have snow and ice and things like that which make it difficult to have lobster pots in winter. 

@banana468 having grown up in CT I completely agree that the Connecticut style lobster roll with butter is superior to all other lobster rolls. Yum.
  • @short+sassy there’s actually a town on the Cape called Orleans. And once you find that lobster roll in NOLA go get it!! It’s a seasonal thing up here, but that’s because we have snow and ice and things like that which make it difficult to have lobster pots in winter. 

@banana468 having grown up in CT I completely agree that the Connecticut style lobster roll with butter is superior to all other lobster rolls. Yum.
    Oh okay!  I feel a little better then, lol.  The one time I was in Boston was...about this time last year...late Sept.  There were lobster rolls everywhere.  Mmmm...it was awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:

I should not have clicked on that link, lol!

Bisques and chowders.  Lobster deviled eggs!  Plus now I want to try this CT lobster roll that you and @sparklepants41 speak so highly of.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:

I should not have clicked on that link, lol!

Bisques and chowders.  Lobster deviled eggs!  Plus now I want to try this CT lobster roll that you and @sparklepants41 speak so highly of.

If you like hot lobster it's IMO one of the best ways.   It's out of the shell and coated in butter and with bread.   The restaurant does the dirty work for you!

That place is 20 minutes from where I live.   It's a CT tourist attraction.
  • These posts are making me hungry. Seriously need some good seafood in my life tonight.