Pre-wedding Parties

XP: Bachelorette party etiquette and invitation wording

Hey everyone. So, I'm planning the bachelorette party for my friend, who isn't much for the bar scene. We talked about some ideas, and she would like to go to a murder mystery dinner party. We've pretty much nailed down the day and location (it's looking like mid-November, at a restaurant hosting the event). Now she's putting together a guest list for me and I'm thinking about the invitation and logistics.

Basically, I just want to make sure that the way I coordinate this will be acceptable etiquette-wise. My thinking was that I would send an Evite to the guests, and include the website for the company, where everyone can buy their ticket and see information about the event/venue. I am going to call the company and see if there's a way to ensure our group gets to sit together.

My questions:
-What invitation wording would you suggest for this scenario?
-For this kind of event, people do pretty much understand that they'll be paying for their ticket, right? MOH and I should be good splitting the bride's portion, so that's not an issue. But I don't have to host in the sense that I'm basically on the hook for everyone's ticket...right? (LOL, I have read too many threads on TK...)
-Based on the event being the third week in November, when should I send the Evite, and what should I aim for as an RSVP date?

Thanks!

Re: XP: Bachelorette party etiquette and invitation wording

• I'm not sure on proper etiquette for when invites should be sent out, but I know I would assume I would be buying my own ticket if I was invited.

I would definitely make sure you ask about the sitting together - if I was a part of a bach party and we got split up, I wouldn't be happy about paying to go to a murder mystery dinner and then being in a group totally separate from the bride.
  • MRDCle said:
    I'm not sure on proper etiquette for when invites should be sent out, but I know I would assume I would be buying my own ticket if I was invited.

I would definitely make sure you ask about the sitting together - if I was a part of a bach party and we got split up, I wouldn't be happy about paying to go to a murder mystery dinner and then being in a group totally separate from the bride.
    I've never been to a "professional" murder mystery dinner but have been to 3 in a private home. There was very little sitting because you are mingling with guests to figure out who done it. Granted it might be different in a restaurant setting.
  • Think of yourself as the BP organizer, rather than the host. How far ahead do tickets need to be purchased. Send out the evites 2 weeks before that date. Mention that tickets are available at $ X, by credit card. Give the contact info for the venue. That is how my daughter's MOH handled her bp - a winery bus tour. The participants were told to mention they were with her wedding party so they would be seated together on the bus. I would imagine your dinner venue would be willing to do the same.