Favors

charity favors

124»

Re: charity favors

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm with southernbelle and banana on this.

I don't think it's the worst thing ever, but there are many reasons why it's not appropriate. I wouldn't do it myself, or recommend it to anyone else (hence the opinions the OP is getting).
  • Whole bunch of people on here telling others how to live their lives and celebrate their days.  :|

OP, your intent was to give an idea to people looking to share their wedding joy in a charitable way. I'm sure there are brides and grooms who will find that useful. As someone who has worked in non-profits my whole career, we're delighted for the donations - thanks! It is always a huge honor when someone chooses to highlight us on their special day - wedding, birthday, baby shower, etc. - and bring more awareness to the work we do. It truly makes a big difference to us, and we're able to achieve more meaningful work through these gracious acts.

I don't know if you're bothering to follow this anymore with all of the negativity sparked in people's hearts, but I appreciate your sentiment. I think the world could do with some more charity, and I hope your wedding was a beautiful day and your marriage even more so.
  • Whole bunch of people on here telling others how to live their lives and celebrate their days.  :|

OP, your intent was to give an idea to people looking to share their wedding joy in a charitable way. I'm sure there are brides and grooms who will find that useful. As someone who has worked in non-profits my whole career, we're delighted for the donations - thanks! It is always a huge honor when someone chooses to highlight us on their special day - wedding, birthday, baby shower, etc. - and bring more awareness to the work we do. It truly makes a big difference to us, and we're able to achieve more meaningful work through these gracious acts.

I don't know if you're bothering to follow this anymore with all of the negativity sparked in people's hearts, but I appreciate your sentiment. I think the world could do with some more charity, and I hope your wedding was a beautiful day and your marriage even more so.
    Need to close this thread as it's dormant.

• Wow there's so much hate on this thread. I love the charity card idea. To those arguing about it being icky to donate to a charity instead of giving a favor, I agree, give both. 

Also to avoid the transaction fees and worry about the money not fully being donated, why not do it yourself? Instead of purchasing charity cards from a third party, photoshop a cute card yourself, add a handful of charities you trust and let your guests pick. Ask your guests to leave the card in a box by your receiving table and whenever you have time after the event, go through them and make those donations on their behalf. 

No idea why so many people are getting worked up about this
  • @hellohkb, if you're still mod, please close this thread. Someone is so worked up that they need to reopen a four year old thread.