Wedding Woes

No Wednesday yet?

edited October 2017 in Wedding Woes
Day 3 of jury duty, and it looks like I will not be able to go back to work tomorrow. Not happy about that. We have a quiet room, though, so I can read and Knot in peace and not be annoyed by daytime TV.

How is everyone?

Re: No Wednesday yet?

• Dr appt yesterday. Requisition for ton of blood work, set up my 7 week dating ultrasound and once they confirm dates, I book the 12 week ultrasound.
    Not looking forward to the ultrasound, only because of how much water I have to drink. "Have a full bladder" urgggggg!

Good lord so much blood work though lmao!
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2017
    I'm struggling at work.  Some new rule has been handed down, that "if you generate the letter, you mail the letter."  Well, I "generate" a minimum of 6-12 letters a day.  I already scanned and save them...now I have to stuff the damn envelope too?  It takes a good 1/2 hour to an hour out of my day and I don't have time for that.  Also, this was already someone else's job and had been for a full year.  Just b/c you hired some incompetent fools, doesn't mean my job needs to change.

Working on K's suit for her give up on Friday.  We've quarreled a bit about things, but I think it's just stress getting to us both.  We've got her giveup on Friday, then we're both "tasks" for a scavenger hunt on Saturday, and then we have to go to a memorial for a transgender teenager that was brutally murdered in the area of my state on Sunday.  I'm having some really difficult emotional responses to a lot of things going on right now.  After October 14, we finally have some down time.  My year anniversary is in the middle of November and I think I'm going to take a week off ASAP.  I don't even want to go anywhere.  As I told someone else, I just need some time to sit the fuck down.
  • @kaos16 yay for your little one! :) That's adorable he asks and directs you to the bathroom lol :P 

@VarunaTT Is it possible the person who did it before isn't there any more? I agree the person who does it should be more competent, that's a lot added to your plate.
    Sorry to hear about the teen murdered and the fight with K :(<3
  • @VarunaTT, I hate when shit that was handled by someone else all of a sudden becomes your problem at work.  That's happened to me a few times and it sucks.  I heard about that murdered teen.  So heartbreaking.  :(  You're so close to vacation.  I know you're more than ready.  Hang on, lady.  <3 

DH and I have had a weird disconnect this week.  We're not fighting, but there's tension and he's kinda been jerk-ish without much reason in the last couple days. I hope tonight is better.  

In better news, his new schedule has helped a LOT.  He's reliably home before 6.  It's amazing.  

There's family drama afoot on DH's dad's side.  His grandpa's widow is doing things that are raising ire among FIL and his siblings.  I'm just sitting back like, "Y'all, I knew she was like this all along.  Your dad/grandpa just tempered it." Self-awareness: She doesn't know her. 

Just in vacation countdown mode right now.  We talked this morning about the prep we need to do this weekend to get ready. 
  • @MissKittyDanger Well...yes-ish.  Basically they fired our Excellent Clerk.  I know why and, though I hate that she is gone, I can't say they were wrong to let her go.  Then they hired Miss Incompetent.  Who, I guess as they fired Miss Incompetent, she decided to let loose with how hard it was to do the job, how no one could do that job, how there were too high expectations, etc.  But Excellent Clerk had managed to do all of the same things, and more, with no issues.  So they basically changed the job to the lowest common denominator, in my mind.  
  • @OurWildKingdom, It's frustrating you have had to take off all this work, but haven't even been selected for a jury!  Just sitting around waiting.  That would drive me nuts.  I agree, thank goodness there is a quiet room.  I hate having a tv on in public places.  Plus Murphy's Law will always dictate that whatever show is on will be something that annoys me, lol.

@kaos16, sounds like he's already motivated for potty training.  Yay!  That is just adorable he directs you and your H to the bathroom, lol.  Like a little maitre d'.

@MissKittyDanger, yay first dr. appointments!  I'm sure it is a lot of tests and bloodwork, but at least it is for an exciting cause :).

@VarunaTT, sorry your work is being annoying.  That is some heavy stuff going on this weekend.  Get that staycation planned!  You need some VarunaTT time.  You could take Thanksgiving week off, like half the country does, lol.  It at least saves you 1-2 vacation days.

I am less cranky than I was yesterday, lol.  Though more an "attitude adjustment" than anything else.  My p/t job deposit hit my account last night.  Finally.  One of my delinquent tenants said she is dropping off the rent check today.  Her word is usually good, so my H should be able to deposit it later.

I got a partial order for my insulin yesterday.  I forgot it is coming in multiple packages, but the company only sent me one tracking number.  This was not the supposedly "in Customs" package I've been tracking.  THAT package finally arrived in NOLA this morning.  It should be arriving today or tomorrow.

I thought they had told me my order was coming in two packages.  But the one I received yesterday was only 1/5th of my order.  So now I am wondering if there are 3 more packages, plus the one 1 have the tracking no. for floating around somewhere.  I sent the company an e-mail last night asking for ALL the tracking numbers, but haven't gotten anything back yet.  I'm probably going to have to call them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT Guh .... I hate when that happens. It's one thing to do it temporarily - "so-and-so is having hard time adjusting, so we're asking everyone to do extra so they can catch up and learn everything" - but for it to be permanent is nuts.

@short+sassy  M will be so much more excited and happy after the 7 week appt lmfao :) I'm excited for that lol
  • @VarunaTT I'm sorry you are struggling.  Did you ever post about overnight shifts? I was going to respond but never saw it. 

Doshwasher repair comes tonight, test driving cars tomorrow.  We had an excellent speaker about friendships today.  I've come to realize that I have some really, really good friends.  I also have some relationships I need to forgive and some I need to let go of.  

Dh Dh is meeting bil to look at our car today.  I'm so very leery of this. I hope bil doesn't want it. On the other hand it might be worth a few thousand dollars for sil to really show her ass.
  • Dr appt yesterday. Requisition for ton of blood work, set up my 7 week dating ultrasound and once they confirm dates, I book the 12 week ultrasound.
    Not looking forward to the ultrasound, only because of how much water I have to drink. "Have a full bladder" urgggggg!

Pretty soon you won’t need to be told to have a full bladder. LOL 

I’m sending you lots of good vibes for your upcoming ultrasounds!! 

I have to pee so often already :') It'll probably just get worse {although half of that is because I drink extra water now - super thirsty!}
    Btw when you were preggo with baby sparkles, did your skin break out a lot?
    {or any mama's reading this} Cuz my chin is ridiculous and idk what my options are :(
  • I'm leaving work in a little bit to take DD to her pediatrician.  She has been stuffed up lately, but not really bothered by the congestion. I'm hoping its just seasonal allergies, but her breathing is louder, so I'm worried her congestion is moving into her chest.  She was doing really well, then Sunday into Monday she started getting the sneezes like crazy.  And the last day, you can see her eyes are red and watery too.  She had a touch of allergies in the spring, but she was still nursing and I wonder if she was getting some of my allergy medicine to help.  But she's not getting any assist from mom anymore!

Last night was good.  H wanted to go to wing night at a local chain.  He's been dying to go the last few months, but always gets pushed back due to $.  He asked again last night and I couldn't deny him any longer! LOL!  I also got my latest batch of tomato sauce started, so in a week I will have finished all of my sauce for the year.

MKD - Weird that you need a full bladder! Since I was being treated at a fertility doctor for the start of my pregnancy I had my first ultrasound around 7 weeks and they had me pee right before.  It was transvaginal though, so I don't know if that is what you will get. 

Varuna - Hugs.  Hang in there at work.  You will find your rhythm with the new task.  I'm sorry that there is even a need to attend a memorial service.  Someone so young, taken so tragically.  I think I heard about this poor young person online.  Hoping you are able to help give some comfort to the family and friends.

I have to pee so often already :') It'll probably just get worse {although half of that is because I drink extra water now - super thirsty!}
    {or any mama's reading this} Cuz my chin is ridiculous and idk what my options are :(
    Say goodbye to the body you knew! 

I didn't break out a ton but I had leg cramps like crazy and nose bleeds like I'd never seen before. 

• My 8 week ultrasound was the same as @OliveOilsMom's - they wanted an empty bladder and it was transvaginal (I believe most early USs are).

And yes MKD, I broke out like a teenager during the first couple months. So disappointing. I just washed my face like normal. For me it went away after a few weeks.
    *********************************************************************************

• edited October 2017
    @OliveOilsMom I'm thinking it's just regular ultrasound, but urg I wish I didn't have to hold my bladder! I may bring extra pants just to be safe hahaha!

edit

It's weird because I don't typically breakout. Damn you hormones! It's just my chin also lmao!

• debbeaudebbeau member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2017
    I lived in New Jersey for 40 years and was never called for jury duty. 8 years of living in Chicago and I have been on 4 juries and called multiple other times. How does that work?
  • banana468 said:
    Dr appt yesterday. Requisition for ton of blood work, set up my 7 week dating ultrasound and once they confirm dates, I book the 12 week ultrasound.

Say goodbye to the body you knew! 

I didn't break out a ton but I had leg cramps like crazy and nose bleeds like I'd never seen before. 
    My mum had her first charlie horse when pregnant lol! I sometimes get nose bleeds if it's dry out ... I wonder if that'll change {nothing strong, just a few drops typically}

It's interesting, frustrating and fascinating to see the changes!
  • I am an idiot- the dishwasher "problem" was that someone had hit the delay start button. Guy walked in, pushed the button, started it up. Hand washing dishes since Sunday because I'm dumb. ITS NOT IN THE MANUAL THOUGH. 
  • 6fsn said:
    I am an idiot- the dishwasher "problem" was that someone had hit the delay start button. Guy walked in, pushed the button, started it up. Hand washing dishes since Sunday because I'm dumb. ITS NOT IN THE MANUAL THOUGH. 
    That should be in the damn manual *side eyes manual*
  • I'm a damn good googler and it wasn't there either. At least no service call?
  • 6fsn said:
    I am an idiot- the dishwasher "problem" was that someone had hit the delay start button. Guy walked in, pushed the button, started it up. Hand washing dishes since Sunday because I'm dumb. ITS NOT IN THE MANUAL THOUGH. 
    I had something similar happen b/c I didn't know that the new dishwasher had a "resume" function.  I just shut the dishwasher and expected it to start back up.

Usually the delay start comes with a time limit on it though, so that's still weird.
  • You can go up to 24 hrs delay start. If I can go that long between rubbings I wouldn't need a dishwasher. The flashing code felt like I was being mocked so I turned the dishwasher off 
  • I think mine only goes to 4 hours.  It's kind of nice to fill it up after dinner and then never have to really hear it at all.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I think mine only goes to 4 hours.  It's kind of nice to fill it up after dinner and then never have to really hear it at all.
    Same here! 
  • @VarunaTT, omg i remember those days at my last job.  My supervisor would make me stuff envelopes for something and then she's like "oh, since you're stuffing, you can add my paper in those too".  I know she loved giving me tasks. The new guy who took my position can't stand her either, according to some old coworkers. So sorry about the memorial service.  so sad :(
    @short+sassy, mmm mexican! give me some Mexican food! Today is national taco day too.  Unfortunately, I have to use up my homechef meal - plus we've been eating out way to much lately.  
    @mrsconn23, have fun on your vacation.  Do you know if H can go yet?

• @mrsconn23, have fun on your vacation.  Do you know if H can go yet?
    YES he can!  He found out on Friday.  :D 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:
    You can go up to 24 hrs delay start. If I can go that long between rubbings I wouldn't need a dishwasher. The flashing code felt like I was being mocked so I turned the dishwasher off 
    This auto-correct fail is making me giggle.
    Haha. RUNNINGS!!  I'm old and married. 24 hrs ain't nothin'.