Wedding Woes

"Get a hobby"

What are YOUR hobbies?

no, really, I need to steal some ideas. :) 

Re: "Get a hobby"

• baconsmom said:
    Sex. :smiley:
    Good hobby ;)
  • Define hobby?

Things I enjoy doing -
    makeup
    cleaning/organizing {yes to a degree that's a hobby}
    netflix
    reading
    napping

hmmm ....
  • I try to make sure I'm doing a fair amount of reading - I have a running book list and work on getting one done at least every month or so.

I also have a bow (that could eventually be used for hunting if I want to get into the whole other ballgame that is that) but right now just for target shooting at the two reasonably accessible archery ranges in my area.

And I'm into astronomy. Previously my intended career path, but didn't like enough of the rest of physics to follow through.

If I'm not PG or something, sometimes a softball league.
  • I'm starting to really enjoy yoga and I run most days.

I also read, but not as much as I'd like to.

I've always wanted to take piano lessons again. I took them as a kid, and loved it, but haven't played much as an adult and I'd really like to. 
  • I always enjoyed quilting and other needlework.  It is like meditation for me.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I've gotten really into running over the past year. I want to try yoga but haven't given it a go yet. I need to try something that will help with my stress level that isn't as hard on my body as running.

H and I also love going beer and wine tasting. We live in a gorgeous area with an abundance of breweries and wineries so it's a way to explore the area we live in and get out of the house. Plus drinking.

I need to get back into reading again.
  • Costuming, drag, cooking, reading, comic books, makeup, trivia, documentary watching, and volunteering in local organizations I'm passionate about.
  • Hobbies I had before kids:
    - planning trips and traveling
    - cooking new recipes
    - yoga
    - studying architecture
    - buying things for my house

Hobbies I have now:
    - planning birthday parties and chauffeuring
    - boiling noodles
    - bending down to pick up toys
    - deconstructing lego towers
    - buying things for my offspring

I am probably not the best person to ask... :D
    I'm giggling at your list!! :P :D #thingstolookforwardto
  • Hobbies I had before kids:
    - planning trips and traveling
    - cooking new recipes
    - yoga
    - studying architecture
    - buying things for my house

Hobbies I have now:
    - planning birthday parties and chauffeuring
    - boiling noodles
    - bending down to pick up toys
    - deconstructing lego towers
    - buying things for my offspring

I am probably not the best person to ask... :D
    I'm giggling at your list!! :P :D #thingstolookforwardto
    Get all your living out of the way. Or at least any living you do after 7pm.
    Ha. I do most of what I consider my living after 7 PM, but it's mostly things that I can do while staying in the house with a sleeping child. Occasionally one of us will decide to go out to do something, but obviously not both - someone's gonna stay with the child. Going out for both of us means a choice between sitter or keeping DD up late, and we usually split the difference.
  • for me, it's
    -paranormal investigating (which also fall in travel) but that's not an all the time thing
    - baking (which is a new thing for me)

I've tried to read.  Don't like it. Nothing captures my interest. I have tried to like the gym, but I don't.  I need more hobbies. Sex is a good one, but H and I have alternate schedules most of the time, so I need gap fillers :)

• Expensive hobbies:
    Costuming
    Traveling
    Drinking (often in combination with above, so even more $$$)
    Making jewelry

Less expensive hobbies:
    Mead-making
    card/board/roleplaying games
    Home Mixology (I love bartending for guests)

(Mostly) Free hobbies:
    Singing along to YouTube/Pandora, mostly musical theatre (I just hopped on the Hamilton bandwagon like 2 years late)
    Watching StarKid musicals on YouTube
    Project Runway/Dance Moms/other reality TV I can stream
    reading blogs or watching videos about bartending/mixology
  • I enjoy cooking, walking/ running (okay slow jog), reading, volunteer at church and school, playing cards with friends, 
  • edited October 2017
    Reading, playing cards and board games, volunteering, hand drumming, painting in acrylics, making mixed-media collages, crafting, writing, playing trivia games.
  • I can't decide if sewing is a hobby or not. I get frustrated with it easily when I do things wrong. It doesn't help that I learned how to quilt from someone, so I know the basics, but I never had anyone teach me to sew clothes, which is VERY different. Teaching myself to sew clothes results in doing lots of things wrong and taking hours just to figure out the pattern and cut out the fabric. 

I would like to get back into cross stitch.

-Cooking and trying new recipes. 
    -Reading
    -Writing novels and poetry (haven't done that last in awhile)
    -Visiting museums and learning about history

I'm sure there's others but can't think of any at the moment. 

• introverting.

reading,
    internet message boards (does being a forum admin for a weird niche count?  I think it probably dos)
    Craft/sewing
    baking
    COnvincing my child to eat food, one bite at a time.
    Origami (it has been a while.  I should find my papers.  And pens)
    Calligraphy
    Home improvement

• Reading, reading, and more reading! 

I also love writing poetry, cooking, and watching baseball. 
  • Working out, reading, travel, studying Italian, volunteering. I am cross stitching a Christmas stocking for FDIL and use to cross stitch a lot. It is feeling like a chore now so probably shouldn't list it as a hobby.
  • Like @southernbelle0915 pre-kids it was much more exciting. Trivia, concerts, pool and darts out at bars! Now it's reading (mostly children's books), catching Jeopardy while I can, fantasy football, and critiquing various sports commentators with FI (aka I can't remember the last night we didn't watch some sporting event).
  • Traveling 
    Hiking 
    Rock climbing 
    Sailing 
    Cooking/baking 
    Yoga/pilates 
    Live music 
    Reading 
    Interior decorating - this really started when we began renovating our house. If I had unlimited amounts of money, I probably would not stop decorating. But I designed most of what we did myself, and it was so much fun. 
  • It used to be: running, fitness classes, and baking

With the baby and a not helpful H, I don't get to do those hobbies anymore, or if I wanted to it would be in the evening when I'm usually exhausted. The closest thing I have to a hobby right now is finding good deals on diapers
  • I have normal and "weird" hobbies:

Crochet
    Reading
    Crafting things out of leather and wood
    Sewing 
    LARP
    Tabletop RP games (like D&D)
    Chicken-keeping
    Quilting
    Snuggling kitties
    Hunting/fishing 
    Backpacking and camping
    Hiking
    Photography
  • Hiking
    Traveling
    Organizing
    Reading
    Cooking
    Pinterest (for cooking ideas/decorating)

Grad school has pretty much killed all of my hobbies though. Send help.

• I have normal and "weird" hobbies:

Crochet
    Reading
    Crafting things out of leather and wood
    Sewing 
    LARP
    Tabletop RP games (like D&D)
    Chicken-keeping
    Quilting
    Snuggling kitties
    Hunting/fishing 
    Backpacking and camping
    Hiking
    Photography
    I've got some that are the same as your list!  LARP, Chicken-keeping, reading, hiking, and camping for me as well.  And I'll throw gardening on there, because it takes up a lot of my time lately and I love doing it.