Wedding Woes

Finally Friday

Friday couldn't have come soon enough. This week has been exhausting. A few weeks ago I posted about my new job and how we had negotiated flexible scheduling and people were having a problem with it. Well I did what everyone recommended and had a clear talk with my supervisor, reminded her what we agreed on, she agreed, and things were good. 

Until yesterday when she came to me and said "people" (because seriously no one is specific about issues here) still have a problem with it. I'm livid. 

Not much this weekend. Catching up on grading, last long run before the Columbus half marathon, football, and maybe stopping at the in-laws because they want to see the dog. Not us. Just Charlie. 

Re: Finally Friday

• Friday couldn't have come soon enough. This week has been exhausting. A few weeks ago I posted about my new job and how we had negotiated flexible scheduling and people were having a problem with it. Well I did what everyone recommended and had a clear talk with my supervisor, reminded her what we agreed on, she agreed, and things were good. 

Until yesterday when she came to me and said "people" (because seriously no one is specific about issues here) still have a problem with it. I'm livid. 

Not much this weekend. Catching up on grading, last long run before the Columbus half marathon, football, and maybe stopping at the in-laws because they want to see the dog. Not us. Just Charlie. 
    What a pain in the ass.   Can you talk with the supervisor/HR essentially saying that the flexible timing is part of why you took the job or do you think that's going to lead to them saying it's not a good fit?  It's bullshit but I guess you need to figure out what kind of boots you need to wear to get through it.

It's beautiful today and the three day weekend begins at 5!   I am hoping for some good QT with DH and the kids. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2017
    Good God, this lady should have never agreed to the flexible schedule if she couldn't handle other people's 'feels' about it.  And just because she can't handle it doesn't mean she should be passing this stress along to you.  She had the option to say 'no'.  I'd be livid AF too.  

I, too, am glad the week is about over.  DefConn was not feeling school today, at all.  I had to give him a pep talk before he got on the bus.  

This weekend is going to be vacay prep and my nephew's bday party.  We still haven't come up with a schedule for our trip, even a loose one. Ah well, at least we know we have a roof over our head for the week?  ;) 
  • edited October 2017
    @charlotte989875 urg that's just irritating. "people" need to mind their business.

@banana468 yay for beautiful weekend!

Went for blood work this morning. Was suppose to give urine sample but out of the 87 thousand times I have to pee in a day, that was not one.
    So I'm going back Tuesday.

I believe we're going to something called Pumpkinferno. Hard to explain, but it's basically a bunch of pumpkins on display in cool ways. Google image it :)

Saturday - going for lunch with a friend and then M and I are having dinner at his mum's place.

Sunday & Monday - idk. Cleaning likely. Low key weekend. Might do some baking.

Also I've been really stuffy lately. I thought it was allergies but nothing is out right now .... hmm
  • @MissKittyDanger, the pumpkin inferno sounds cool. 
  • @mrsconn23 That place usually has really neat stuff but this is the first time we're going :) At Christmas time, they do cool things with xmas lights
  • @mrsconn23 this sounds like it'll end up being a shit-show lmfao
  • @mrsconn23 this sounds like it'll end up being a shit-show lmfao
    Par for the course with her.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23 this sounds like it'll end up being a shit-show lmfao
    If it happens, are you guys going? If so, you must report back with details! :D 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23 this sounds like it'll end up being a shit-show lmfao
    If it happens, are you guys going? If so, you must report back with details! :D 
    We're not going.  It's 3 hours away.  We have plans and we're leaving town next weekend.  We don't do back to back weekends OOT if we can help it.  ;) 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2017
    @charlotte989875, very annoying.  Sounds like she's not very good at using her authority. 
    Jealous of all your 3 day weekends.  Man would I love a holiday in October.  Only the best month ever.
    @misskittydanger, pumpkinferno looks amazing.  We're going to something like that called "blaze" in NY at the end of the month, but I don't think it's THAT intricate. 
    @mrsconn23, so, are you going?

About a year ago, I lost a pair of my favorite earrings.  H bought them for me when we were at the gift shop at Plimouth Plantation.  He went to buy something at the gift shop, I went outside to sit and look at the views, and he came out with a gift for me.  Gorgeous Celtic earrings (I'm an earring person).  Were they costly? no.  Where they nice? yes.  Did they hold sentimental value? YES.  Last night I was cleaning under my bed, and BOTH earrings had somehow found their way in the corner of the dresser, laying on the floor.  So happy to have these back!

I have a gripe about a certain company. I saw a fb add for some sugar free chocolate.  They send you get a free box.  Just paying shipping.  Cool.  I read on bbb that they STILL charge you for the chocolate, but from what I saw they enroll unsuspecting people into a subscription and they charge you for a subscription like 7 days after the free chocolate comes.  I thought I was smart enough to move out my subscription to November.  I liked the chocolate and was willing to get delivered every 3 months or so.  Well, today I got charged for the "free" box of chocolate.  I wonder if my subscription was to far out?  I emailed them and was like "um....I'm enrolled in your program.  Just give me time to eat the chocolate before a new box comes!"

It's decent chocolate. But I can get decent sugar free chocolate elsewhere too. Don't mess with me skinnyme chocolate company.

edit: as I was typing this, you answered my question @mrsconn23 :) 

• MrsConn - You guys must go and report back!

MKD - I had a runny nose throughout pregnancy, it was one of the "gifts" that pregnancy can bestow upon you!

Charlotte - I would be mad as hell too!  Not sure of your work dynamic, but when you do the remote work, could you email the group and be like "I will be working work remotely for the next X hours.  Please email me if there is anything I can help with."  If you have mostly projects to complete on your own, why do others care where you do them as long as if they are done timely?

After a day of medication for my H and I, we both slept well last night.  I did wake up with a very sore throat at some point, but took the robitussin and was good for the rest of the night. 

Tonight I am hoping to grind up my batch of tomato sauce and get it canned on Sunday.  Overall it will be a quiet weekend.  Its a long weekend for H, but I have to work on Monday.  He will take DD to daycare - since we have to pay for it anyway! - so he can do work around the house.

For those who love the true crime stuff - I've been reading it, but there is also a podcast version about a con artist who sweet talks a woman into marriage.  From there it gets to be a lifetime movie.  Its being presented over the course of a few days, but read all 4 days yesterday!  Its at the LA Times and is called Dirty John.

• TGIF!  I'm finally looking forward to a weekend.  We are finally moved and I don't have a ton of stuff looking me in the face saying "Pack Me!"  I have boxes to unpack, but we are mostly done.

We are loving main level living and not having to haul groceries, laundry, garbage, etc. up and down the steps. 

Tonight we are going out to eat with DH's family to celebrate a nephew who "graduated" from a training program and landed a great job.  Tomorrow we are meeting OOT friends for breakfast.  Then DH is working and I have a mani/pedi scheduled, some shopping for the new place and figuring out how to navigate the new cable TV system.

Sunday is probably church, unpacking and getting ready for the work week.

• @CharmedPam hopefully it's still good at least :) 
    Yay for finding earrings! That's kinda sketch for a company .... hmmm

@OliveOilsMom I'd read about it somewhere, but everyone is getting a cold and it's just end of allergy season. But I'm sure it's just pregnancy related. This is weird :')
  • Playing at cosi with Max. Soccer Saturday. Not sure about Sunday. 
  • Don't judge but I had a McDonalds double cheeseburger and Carmel Mocha for breakfast. PMS problems. 

Today its pretending to be fall fall and then we are back in the 80s tomorrow. I'm over this weather. It's fall. Act like it. 

I feel bad bad for H. He's essentially a bachelor this week. Yesterday was the only night I didn't work this week and we had dog training. Tomorrow I don't have to work either but my BFF always watch the Michigan/Michigan State game together. It's the one football game she watches a year. He's going to his dads for his birthday, which I'm bummed to miss, but my schedules eases up until early December. 

@charlotte989875 hell to the no. Her inability to manage her staffs response to a contract she negotiatated should not be your problem. 
  • Don't judge but I had a McDonalds double cheeseburger and Carmel Mocha for breakfast. PMS problems. 
    That sounds delish though :) 

Today its pretending to be fall fall and then we are back in the 80s tomorrow. I'm over this weather. It's fall. Act like it. 

I feel bad bad for H. He's essentially a bachelor this week. Yesterday was the only night I didn't work this week and we had dog training. Tomorrow I don't have to work either but my BFF always watch the Michigan/Michigan State game together. It's the one football game she watches a year. He's going to his dads for his birthday, which I'm bummed to miss, but my schedules eases up until early December. 

@charlotte989875 hell to the no. Her inability to manage her staffs response to a contract she negotiatated should not be your problem. 
    Like, fresh? Did you get breakfast right at 11? LOL of course those logistics run thorough my mind.  Like, how did she get a burger for breakfast from them???

sounds good though!

Like, fresh? Did you get breakfast right at 11? LOL of course those logistics run thorough my mind.  Like, how did she get a burger for breakfast from them???

sounds good though!
    omg I didn't even think that! I was thinking about food
  • @charlotte989875 that is so annoying. Lady needs to handle her staff. You can't make everyone happy as a manager. That's like management 101. 

I just dropped Jack off to get neutered. He was looking at me with such loving and trusting eyes I felt guilty. I stopped at the gym on the way home and then I'm getting ready to pick up a friend and go to dinner and a concert. 

Last night SO got up at 3 am and woke me up. We were in separate rooms because he felt guilty having Jack sleep by himself the night before surgery. But then he woke up and flipped all of the lights on while walking around with his heavy footsteps. I've never been around someone who has such loud footsteps. It's almost comical. Except when it's at 3 am. Then he was all like "let's cuddllleeeee."  No. Let me sleep. I've had work for almost a week straight. I just want to sleep. But then I was awake and it took almost two hours to fall back asleep. Dude, just watch Netflix on your phone with headphones or something if you can't sleep. You never know when I'm awake in the middle of the night because I'm polite about it! There is no need to wake the whole house up. 

• Apparently I shouldn't be around people today. 

Max was climbing on something that said "no climbing" so I told him to get down. Kid next to me says "I can climb it"
    me: but it says not to so we shouldn't.
    kid: you're not my mom so j don't have to listen to you
    me: I'm an adult I can read. It says no climbing 
    mom of kid: are you yelling at my kid?

I'm sitting on a stool. Plenty of room to pass by. Woman runs right into me and says "well excuse you!" What?

max has had to move 3 times because some kidin the water area keeps slapping his sharks and splashing Max in the face. 
  • @6fsn wtf!? I mean I can get the lady questioning if you're scolding her kid, but then realizing you were just telling them not to climb I'd be more like "oh okay" or even a "hey I misunderstood"
    I would have prob told the kid the same.

Is it same kid as before or diff kid?
  • Different kid. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Different kid. 
    Jeez must be something in the air there with kids/parents {not you}
  • @6fsn - what a brat, teach your kid to listen to adults.  Would she have been mad at a staff member who politely told her kid the sign said "don't climb?"

Mickey D's lunch starts at 10:30.  It was fatty goodness.
  • Mickey D's lunch starts at 10:30.  It was fatty goodness.
    We just get all day breakfasts and here you are getting early lunch.
    This is bull .... I just want an ice cream at possibly 8:30am, why is this so hard

• Mickey D's lunch starts at 10:30.  It was fatty goodness.
    I'm impressed you could wait that long before eating breakfast
  • @6fsn - what a brat, teach your kid to listen to adults.  Would she have been mad at a staff member who politely told her kid the sign said "don't climb?"

Mickey D's lunch starts at 10:30.  It was fatty goodness.
    It's a hard line of "I'm an adult listen". You shouldn't listen to every adult- tricky people and all. That said the kid inserted himself into the situation. 
  • It’s 3:00 here and I just finally got to eat lunch. 

Tonight, FW and I are going to the gallery to decide how we want everything set up. Then we’re going to our Friday night meeting.

Tomorrow is FW’s birthday. We’re going to dinner with her BFF whose birthday was yesterday. She’s probably going to spend the afternoon with her BFF before that, so I’m going to do laundry and help out our friend who is recovering from surgery. After dinner, we’ll probably go to Barnes and Noble and a movie. Any recommendations?

Sunday, meeting my sponsor, going to a meeting and taking my friend’s dog to the dog park. Then going to get started on some organizing and cleaning. Maybe go to the craft store.

I have Monday off (yay government jobs), so I’m going to spend the day organizing the dining room/office and spare bedroom. I’ll take my friend’s dog to the park again.

BTW, happy early Thanksgiving to our Canadian Knotties!
  • @MissKittyDanger I think what you’re exoeriencing is definitely preggo related! I was stuffed up - no lie - from December until August 2 when I delivered lol. One thing that definitely helped though was we bought Babypants’ humidifier early on (February or so) and then set it up in our room. It’s still in there are we still use it because she’s in a bassinet next to my side of the bed and it inadvertently helped with our dog’s allergies lol. 

@CharmedPam that’s awesome you found your earrings! I love it when things like that happen. That chocolate company though. That’s super shady. It sounds like they assume no one will check for the charge for the “free” box. I’d be tempted to get in touch with a local consumer bureau or attorney general, but I don’t know if it’s worth the effort. 

@6fsn wtf is wrong with people? “I wasn’t yelling at your kid, lady I was trying to keep him safe so he wouldn’t get hurt.” That lady sucks, 6. She should have thanked you for watching her (rude) kid for her. 

Im on Day 6 of feeling lousy (lightheaded, nauseous, lethargic, weepy) and Day 3 of hardly any sleep. In 3 night’s I’ve gotten maybe 8-9 hours total. Luckily H has a long weekend so he can help out with the baby and I can get a nap or two in. I’m hoping to shake whatever this is that’s making me feel crappy. I’m well hydrated and I went to the doctor and my labs are all normal so maybe this is either a virus or just a product of sleep deprivation?