Wedding Woes

Thursdayyyyyyyy

13»

Re: Thursdayyyyyyyy

• Hey, beautiful people. Happy Friday-eve.

Today was good. The boss-man was working from home today, which meant the whole department (there's less than 10 of us) were at ease. I got off on time today, which is rare these days, and came home to work out.

I've lost 27 lbs and a pants size since January (woot woot!). I was doing great with my workouts until I started this job. Man, it has taken it out of me. But I have decided to start making small goals each week to get myself back on track. This week, my goal was to work out 4 times by Saturday. I've done it twice, which means tomorrow and Saturday are workout days.

Other than that, SSDD.
    Congrats @thefanciestbeckler!  that is no easy task.  GL staying focused.

• I don't know if I'll end up having kids or not, but I had a few names that I've liked for...I don't know...20 years? They were never ruined by bad associations (shocking). Except in the past 3-5 years it was like an explosion of those names, so now I feel like they are off the table. I'm not going to try to make them "unique," but I know the feeling of being 1 of 5 names in a class, and its annoying, so I wouldn't want to pass that along either. Whatever. It's probably at least 5 years off from being an issue, if it even becomes one. 

• kaos16 said:
    Question to mama's {kids and pets!}

When you were naming them, what did you consider?
    How did you agree on names?
    Was there a name you wanted but other didn't want? {and vice versa}?
    Did you want family in the name? {why/why not?}

We were crazy people when it came to naming DS.

A lot of names were automatically off the list because of work as a criminal prosecutor. . . lots of bad connections.

Any name we thought we liked would go into google with our last name.  I also put it into the SS website to check for popularity.  Being an 80s Kimberly, I am not interested on popular names for my kids. 

It had to be a real name, that was easy to pronounce and spell.

We actually heard DS's name at church the week before he was born.  The Pastor was telling a random tangential story and mention a friend by name who said something.  It pinged in my head, and we went with it.

Not a fan of juniors, so we gave him husband's first name as his middle name.

My sister is the complete opposite.  She heard a name, liked it and rolled with it. . . . . disregarding that it us super popular, she claimed to have no idea.  Then she just "took out a letter to make him unique."  Sometimes I wonder if we are really related.

Amen to this! 

A fine line between a name that is something people have heard of...but without being overly popular.

And, FFS, use the common spelling.  Or your child will spend their entire life having their name misspelled.  And having to constantly correct people on the spelling.  Why would someone purposely torture their child like that, lol?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaos16 said:

A lot of names were automatically off the list because of work as a criminal prosecutor. . . lots of bad connections.

Any name we thought we liked would go into google with our last name.  I also put it into the SS website to check for popularity.  Being an 80s Kimberly, I am not interested on popular names for my kids. 

We actually heard DS's name at church the week before he was born.  The Pastor was telling a random tangential story and mention a friend by name who said something.  It pinged in my head, and we went with it.

My sister is the complete opposite.  She heard a name, liked it and rolled with it. . . . . disregarding that it us super popular, she claimed to have no idea.  Then she just "took out a letter to make him unique."  Sometimes I wonder if we are really related.

Amen to this! 

A fine line between a name that is something people have heard of...but without being overly popular.

And, FFS, use the common spelling.  Or your child will spend their entire life having their name misspelled.  And having to constantly correct people on the spelling.  Why would someone purposely torture their child like that, lol?

And let them have a chance of getting a personalized key chain at a souvenir gift shop!

• kaos16 said:

Amen to this! 

And let them have a chance of getting a personalized key chain at a souvenir gift shop!
    Yesssssssssssssss

As someone with a uniquely spelled name, I've practically given up on correcting people.  :(