Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Love my stylist...no braids??

So my stylist has been doing my hair for over ten years and I love her!!!

When she did my prom hair, I never imagined she'd been doing my wedding hair someday.

We've started looking at ideas for my hair and I showed her the below saying this is my favorite.

She then says she can't do braids....

I'm all like

She's been braiding my hair for years!?!?!?!

I'd love her to do my hair for my wedding but I also really want this style??

Advice??

Re: Love my stylist...no braids??

• Did you ask her why?? She has braided your hair before so what gives?
  • "you've braided my hair for years, is there a reason this style isn't doable?"

If she still says she can't do it (and thank her for her honesty), then decide what's more important to you: your stylist or having this hairstyle. That should help you decide whether you schedule with her or someone else. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Maybe is it the sideways braid? I mean otherwise....five year olds can braid so why can't a professional hairstylist? 

Definitely thank her for being upfront with you, and maybe ask her if there's another stylist in her shop or someone else she knows who would be able to do it. Then at least you're getting a recommendation from someone you trust.
  • She's mentioned I could still have my hair done at the shop just not by her.
    Which has led me to think...I could either have my hair done by her "go-to girl" (she was out for a few months and told me go to "Stacy" that's who does her hair) and watch her do one of my bridesmaids/moms hair wishing she was doing mine. Or I can have her do my hair and possibly watch one of my bridesmaid get a side braid thing and wish I could have that...

She said she can do then just not well...we're going to try it at me trial. Hopefully that will help all around.
    I might just have "Stacy" do my hair. My girl can still do my color few weeks before which is like the one thing it's hard to change day of.

Hairstyles can be changed/fixed day of for the most part.

Thanks!!

Side note: one of my friends that does hair says they don't teach you braids in beauty school!! Found that odd!!! She says she leanred via Youtube!

• It sounds like she's being really open and honest with you, which is awesome. Means she cares and isn't just in it for the money. I would book with Stacy, personally. 
    *********************************************************************************

• It sounds like she's being really open and honest with you, which is awesome. Means she cares and isn't just in it for the money. I would book with Stacy, personally. 
    Yes. I 100% would rather have my stylist be honest with me over having them wing it and hate it. 

• levioosa said:
    It sounds like she's being really open and honest with you, which is awesome. Means she cares and isn't just in it for the money. I would book with Stacy, personally. 
    Yes. I 100% would rather have my stylist be honest with me over having them wing it and hate it. 
    My hairstylist is also my bff, and 9/10 she does my hair she wings it and I love it.
    I'm also beyond easy going with my hair.

My guess is the specific style she doesn't feel comfortable being able to do well. It's a lot of pressure to do wedding hair and may feel that she isn't as experienced as "Stacy" with that part?