Wedding Woes

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• @MissKittyDanger I had all day morning sickness til about week 20 then on and off til 28w- some people swear by the combo of b6 and unisom / get the prescription version from their dr- diclegis, but I found that the only thing that worked for me was zofran. I popped those daily and it kept my nausea/vomiting in check- as soon as I started to feel sick I'd take one and feel better pretty quickly. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • @redwoodoriginal I'm on diclectin {sp?} for now. Dr hoping it'll go away, but I think the likelihood is she'll just keep me on it for first trimester then see how it is.
    I was given strong first dose {4 at night, 2 morning, 2 afternoon} to really kick into high gear but going forward I'm only 1 morning, 1 afternoon 2 night.

This shit is hard :(
  • @redwoodoriginal I'm on diclectin {sp?} for now. Dr hoping it'll go away, but I think the likelihood is she'll just keep me on it for first trimester then see how it is.
    I was given strong first dose {4 at night, 2 morning, 2 afternoon} to really kick into high gear but going forward I'm only 1 morning, 1 afternoon 2 night.

Ah so diclectin is the same as diclegis. Yeah. Thing with diclegis/diclectin for me was that it has unisom in it, which is Benadryl which makes many people really sleepy. It made my first trimester exhaustion SO MUCH WORSE I could barely function- some people get used to it quickly but I couldn't keep my eyes open, AND it wasn't helping my n/v so I switched to Zofran. So if you can't kick the nonstop naps or they're really interfering with life, see if there's an alternate med the dr can give you- for me it was zofran and it was amazing. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah so diclectin is the same as diclegis. Yeah. Thing with diclegis/diclectin for me was that it has unisom in it, which is Benadryl which makes many people really sleepy. It made my first trimester exhaustion SO MUCH WORSE I could barely function- some people get used to it quickly but I couldn't keep my eyes open, AND it wasn't helping my n/v so I switched to Zofran. So if you can't kick the nonstop naps or they're really interfering with life, see if there's an alternate med the dr can give you- for me it was zofran and it was amazing. 
    That might explain why I was tired yesterday and today! I just figured it was pregnancy making me tired :') lmao

I'm going to see my dr on Nov 8th so if it's the same deal, I'll bring it up.

That might explain why I was tired yesterday and today! I just figured it was pregnancy making me tired :') lmao

I'm going to see my dr on Nov 8th so if it's the same deal, I'll bring it up.

Pregnancy is also just straight up exhausting.  I never had morning sickness (some discomfort, but I puked a grand total of once in my two first trimesters).  I napped almost every day though, and if I couldn't nap I was in bed by 8pm.  I found I had energy again around 15 weeks, and felt pretty great from then till then end.

I'm still testing daily, but still not positive (but my cycle is longer than it was last month, so either way that's a good thing).  Did the blood donation thing today, cause I'm a huge proponent of not giving up things I'd normally do just cause I might be pregnant.  I know that replenishing my fluids is even more important though given that I hope I am.

I did a week of training for work last week (thus being absent from boards for a full week), and therefore have too much to do this week.  I'll have to come in tomorrow afternoon, which is ok, but not preferable.

• Ugh.  Pregnancy exhaustion is among the deterrents from getting KU again.
  • banana468 said:
    Ugh.  Pregnancy exhaustion is among the deterrents from getting KU again.
    Pretty much everything about pregnancy - minus feeling kicks - is a deterrent from getting KU again haha!
  • banana468 said:
    Ugh.  Pregnancy exhaustion is among the deterrents from getting KU again.
    Pretty much everything about pregnancy - minus feeling kicks - is a deterrent from getting KU again haha!
    Well, the 2nd tri wasn't too bad.   But the parenting while exhausted is awful
  • 6fsn said:
    Do they drink?  Last year I made cranberry infused vodka.  I've also done Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls (thanks mrsconn).  That's good because you can freeze them and take some time to make them. 

Board games? Cards? I've made farkle/Yahtzee sets in the past.
    Ooh! I'll check Pioneer Woman and not sure about games. I'll have to look into it :)
    If you want any tips on the cinnamon rolls, let me know.  I've made them for *years* for friends and family.  They are ridiculously delicious and hard to screw up.  It does take a good half day to make them and it's messy, but they are very much worth it.  ;) 
  • Getting ready to head to Charleston tomorrow for a family wedding. There have been so many faux pas with this wedding, but I love this cousin dearly and am so happy he is getting married to this gal. It is suppose to be beautiful but hot! That area is my happy place so I'm looking forward to a couple of days there visiting with family. 

Hang in there @MissKittyDanger and @jh715! It will get better. It has been a really long time for me but I remember that first tri napping! I would nap at lunch and on the rides to and from work (H drove).

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:
    Do they drink?  Last year I made cranberry infused vodka.  I've also done Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls (thanks mrsconn).  That's good because you can freeze them and take some time to make them. 

Ooh! I'll check Pioneer Woman and not sure about games. I'll have to look into it :)
    If you want any tips on the cinnamon rolls, let me know.  I've made them for *years* for friends and family.  They are ridiculously delicious and hard to screw up.  It does take a good half day to make them and it's messy, but they are very much worth it.  ;) 
    Recipe please!!!! 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

Recipe please!!!! 
    I'd love the recipe too please!!!

• @MissKittyDanger No, I work for an insurance brokerage that deals in employee benefits (health, life & disability insurance). We're a sister company of a larger financial organization that basically doesn't want to play in insurance anymore so we're getting jerked around while they figure out how to get rid of us.

• @MissKittyDanger No, I work for an insurance brokerage that deals in employee benefits (health, life & disability insurance). We're a sister company of a larger financial organization that basically doesn't want to play in insurance anymore so we're getting jerked around while they figure out how to get rid of us.

Ahh okay! Doesn't make it better though :(
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2017
    mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

Recipe please!!!! 

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/cinammon_rolls_/

The coffee and the maple flavoring in the frosting really makes them.  But they have always come out flaky, delicious, and perfect.  :D 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

Recipe please!!!! 

The coffee and the maple flavoring in the frosting really makes them.  But they have always come out flaky, delicious, and perfect.  :D 
    omg I love how she explains things and I'm drooling ....
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

Recipe please!!!! 

omg I love how she explains things and I'm drooling ....
    I love The Pioneer Woman’s recipes!! We are hosting Thanksgiving this year and I am definitely going to make these for breakfast one morning!!