Chit Chat

Are you ready for some football?!

Re: Are you ready for some football?!

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2017
    Well I won both leagues.  Yay.  I was projected to lose in the other league.   He had Cook and Jones, both out in the 2nd half.  

Even still,  I think I would have won since I had 171 points to his 129.  Which included Cook's 17 before he went out.  I doubt Cook and Jones could have increased their points another 43 points to beat me.

Don't forget bye weeks start this week.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • eileenrob said:
    My guys scored 20-40 points below their projection for the fourth straight week.  This is getting old  :s
    Well this game is keeping our matchup interesting. 
  • I finally won a game!! I suppose a blind dog finds a bone every now and then lol.
  • I finally won a game!! I suppose a blind dog finds a bone every now and then lol.

• I need to start keeping better track of things!  But I see my QB Ben R. was about the worst ever this week.  Awesome, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need to start keeping better track of things!  But I see my QB Ben R. was about the worst ever this week.  Awesome, lol.
    As someone married to a Steelers fan, I'd say that might have been his worst week, ever. 
    As someone married to a Steelers fan, I'd say that might have been his worst week, ever. 

I'm sure it is my fault.  It's because he is on my fantasy team.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I'll tell him that!

My Goddesses suffered their first lost to @kimmiinthemitten  but I'm more annoyed H is still 5-0 when I'm 4-1. 

• Me beating a 4-0 team on my other league.

I started Prescott over Watson.  Which wasn't horrible, b/c Prescott got me 41 points, but Watson gave me 52.    I really didn't think Watson would do so well love KC.

I can't believe how well I'm doing over here.  Although it looks like that might end this week.  :/

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm happy with my PF but not at all with my PA...I hate anything that's out of my control  :#

I received a notification that Mariota was injured and would be out Sunday at like 12:10, and my backup had a bye.  I grabbed Wentz off of waivers and he ended up scoring 28 points! So I'm pleased with my coaching in some ways :)
  • eileenrob said:
    I'm happy with my PF but not at all with my PA...I hate anything that's out of my control  :#

I received a notification that Mariota was injured and would be out Sunday at like 12:10, and my backup had a bye.  I grabbed Wentz off of waivers and he ended up scoring 28 points! So I'm pleased with my coaching in some ways :)
    You're welcome! I dropped him for Watson. 

I'll tell him that!

My Goddesses suffered their first lost to @kimmiinthemitten  but I'm more annoyed H is still 5-0 when I'm 4-1. 

I wish I could say sorry, but I'm not.

I'll tell him that!

I wish I could say sorry, but I'm not.

• Which one of y'all has Aaron Rodgers? I'm sorry for your season but even more sorry for my Packers :(:(
  • Which one of y'all has Aaron Rodgers? I'm sorry for your season but even more sorry for my Packers :(:(
    I do, but it’s not going to make much of a difference on my already abysmal season lol. Luckily I didn’t start him yesterday!
  • Won this league, even with Smith's dismal playing.   Lost the other league.

Poor Packer fans.     

I missed the Denver/NY Giants game.  WTF happened there?   

• lyndausvi said:
    Won this league, even with Smith's dismal playing.   Lost the other league.

Poor Packer fans.     

I missed the Denver/NY Giants game.  WTF happened there?   

I don't even know! I had just finished telling H it would be so sucky for the Broncos to lose to the Giants and then bam bam bam interceptions all over the place.
  • I was torn last night because H is a huge Giants fan but I wanted/needed Emmanuel Sanders to have a big game.  (Speaking of that- congrats on the tie commish @kimmiinthemitten :D)
  • I swear I have 1-2 players do well and then everyone else forgets to show up. 
  • Picking up Deshaun Watson was the only thing that kept me in the game this week. Dez and Doug Baldwin on byes and Stefan Diggs out with an injury after losing Beckham. ITs not been a good week for my WRs. 
  • eileenrob said:
    I was torn last night because H is a huge Giants fan but I wanted/needed Emmanuel Sanders to have a big game.  (Speaking of that- congrats on the tie commish @kimmiinthemitten :D)

I don't think I've ever tied before!  Congrats to you too!  I have a win, a tie and a loss this week.  That loss killed my undefeated streak in H's league.

• eileenrob said:
    I was torn last night because H is a huge Giants fan but I wanted/needed Emmanuel Sanders to have a big game.  (Speaking of that- congrats on the tie commish @kimmiinthemitten :D)

I don't think I've ever tied before!  Congrats to you too!  I have a win, a tie and a loss this week.  That loss killed my undefeated streak in H's league.

I don't think I've ever seen a tie before. 

It it was a little stressful getting updates on fantasy during the race yesterday and not being able to watch any football. But it was serendipitous the Bills had a bye so I didn't miss the game. 
  • How about my Eagles?

Won both leagues.   #1 on ours.  Tied for 2nd with DH on the other league.  Woohoo.

• lyndausvi said:
    How about my Eagles?

Won both leagues.   #1 on ours.  Tied for 2nd with DH on the other league.  Woohoo.

I'm down to second place thanks to my loss last night. The 20 points the Jags defense got you definitely didn't help me out any...

Bills won, at the very end of the game, which was exciting, but lost most of our secondary to injuries. It's stressful being a Bills fan. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    How about my Eagles?

I'm down to second place thanks to my loss last night. The 20 points the Jags defense got you definitely didn't help me out any...

Bills won, at the very end of the game, which was exciting, but lost most of our secondary to injuries. It's stressful being a Bills fan. 

I do  my research.  :)

I'm an Eagles fan.   This is the first years in a while I'm not having heart palpitations watching a game.  For years it was always right down to the final minutes.

Anyone laughing that the Browns passed up both Wentz and Watson in back-to-back drafts?    Although they suck at player development, so it better for the QBs not to have gone there.

• lyndausvi said:
    How about my Eagles?

There were a few close games this week!  My H and I saw the last few minutes of the Bills/Buccaneers game.  TB is in our division, so we were rooting for the Bills.

Then Atlanta lost to the Pats.  Which clinched the Saints being #1 in our division.  It feels like a long time since we have been there, if only briefly, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my butt handed to me this week on this league.  Way to go @eileenrob .  I won in my other league.  

Hey, my Eagles are still looking good.  Although us losing Peters is obviously an issue.  Wentz had 3 sacks  :'(