Wedding Woes

Tuesday.

Oct 17 Pisces: It will be difficult to get anything personal done if you involve too many people. When it comes to working alone, motivation is the hardest part, but after you get motivated you can work much faster than you would with a group.

Hi. How is everyone?
my day has been good, though my house is still a mess. I met friends for yoga at 10:30 and we were surprised with Bikram instead of what it was supposed to me. Bikram isn’t my top choice anyway but the instructor was irritating as well so kind of a bust. Glad I went though. Then I went for a massage in the afternoon. I went to a body toning class on Monday that kicked my ass so after that and the yoga, I figured a massage would be good. Plus it was the free part of a BOGO.
I made chicken tortellini soup for dinner using spinich and ricotta tortellinis and leftover chicken. Now DH and I are watching Die Hard, which is described by the TV as Wife, Christmas, Party.

Re: Tuesday.

• MJL - Best Die Hard description ever!

Trying to keep up with work and knotting!  LOL!  I have a bunch to do before the end of the week.

Not sure what is up for today.  H wants to mow the lawn (for hopefully the final time!) tonight.  MIL will probably come over so that she can see the baby because she doesn't see her enough apparently!

Last night was good.  I ended up taking DD out to Target for a run of stuff for vacation.  I also gave her a broken up Tater Tot and she loved it! But not in that order.  H & I also pulled out the A/C unit from our bedroom, it was in much longer than it usually is!  Just last week it was in the 80s and we used it.  Today it was close to a frost overnight, with a high in the 60s. 

• @OliveOilsMom we're hoping this will be last time we cut the grass in the yard also! lol
  • We had our first cold fall morning this AM.   That meant getting the coats out and cutting the tags off anduplusalso, Chiquito had his first preschool field trip.    He had to borrow one of Chiquita's shirts from the daycare and I bundled him up.   Chiquita was hardly dressed on time, her hair wasn't done and of course, my husband was in the shower.   As a result, I forgot Chiquito's backpack with his breakfast and lunch in it.   So I drove around like a crazy lady for a good 40 minutes and then about an hour into  my work day the power went out and I was stuck working on my tiny laptop with no monitors and using my phone as a mobile hot spot.  Total FWP but on top of that I may not be able to take Friday afternoon off to go on the boat which annoys me. 
  • Damn Banana, hope the day turns around for you!!

MKD, I Awww’ed so hard at BabyKitten. Love it!
  • Damn Banana, hope the day turns around for you!!

MKD, I Awww’ed so hard at BabyKitten. Love it!
    So far, I'm denied my afternoon off even though it's not a traditionally busy day for me.   

So DH will be able to go out on the boat with his friend.   I totally left him a message saying, "I hope you're able to hold your buddy's hand and enjoy the sunshine and the feeling of the wind blowing through your hair.   Because I fucking won't." 

It's annoying.   I think I should get the day off and it would be one of the only times I can get on the boat when I'm not on parent duty.   I love my kids but managing a 6 yo and a toddler around a marina is a fucking pain in the ass - especially when you need to bargain with the 3yo to get on the boat and well, he's 3.   So boating with him at this age means holding him and making sure he doesn't do something dumb.  

I can't really do anything about it.   We're short staffed in one office as it is.  But I was really hoping to swing this. 

I'm even more annoyed because DH is really low effort when it comes to planning dates so I need to jump on those ideas when possible.  
  • That sucks you didn't get the day off. I am glad I can take off pretty much whenever I want even if it is last minute.

Re: babies and boats. We have friends with a boat but we didn't go out at all this summer because no way I wanted a 6-9 month old out there. Even next year I'm not so sure, just seems like it would be a royal pain and I know I'd be the one having to deal with him. 
  • Not much, worked a little, did a slow 3 mile jog, pumpkin patch tonight. My new computer is all set up and shipping today! I'm pretty sure a friend is mad at me but I don't know why. I know we haven't talked in a few weeks but I've been slammed. 
  • kvruns said:
    That sucks you didn't get the day off. I am glad I can take off pretty much whenever I want even if it is last minute.

Re: babies and boats. We have friends with a boat but we didn't go out at all this summer because no way I wanted a 6-9 month old out there. Even next year I'm not so sure, just seems like it would be a royal pain and I know I'd be the one having to deal with him. 
    6-9 would be TOTES better than a running child.    At 6-9 the annoyance is buying or finding the life vest for the size and all the hats / sunscreen required.  

But wiggly 3yo doesn't  understand that if you slip on the dock you're diving into the water.  And when we go out, DH has to be the captain of the ship so I have to parent.

And having the boat is nice -  don't get me wrong.   But it's kind of the standard that there's no time off from parenting especially at that age.   And it's far easier for dudes to just know that the wife will pick up the slack. 
  • @missJeanLouise Right!? It started with the fact young kids call me "Kitty" {apparently easier than real name lol} and then I saw a shirt that says "we're hoping it's a kitten" :')
  • banana468 said:
    kvruns said:
    That sucks you didn't get the day off. I am glad I can take off pretty much whenever I want even if it is last minute.

6-9 would be TOTES better than a running child.    At 6-9 the annoyance is buying or finding the life vest for the size and all the hats / sunscreen required.  

But wiggly 3yo doesn't  understand that if you slip on the dock you're diving into the water.  And when we go out, DH has to be the captain of the ship so I have to parent.

And having the boat is nice -  don't get me wrong.   But it's kind of the standard that there's no time off from parenting especially at that age.   And it's far easier for dudes to just know that the wife will pick up the slack. 
    Speaking of babies and boats: Idk how old I was, little enough to not have a memory of it, but my mom told me stories of hanging me off the back of my grandpas boat so I could pee in the river, while the boat was probably moving.
  • banana468 said:
    kvruns said:

Why does he have to be captain? Do you not know how? It's only "easier" for him if you let it be easier. 
  • banana468 said:
    kvruns said:

Why does he have to be captain? Do you not know how? It's only "easier" for him if you let it be easier. 
    He has to be at least this year.

1) I have no experience driving any boat.

2) In CT, to operate a boat you need to pass the safe boating course to then get your boating license.   It's all classroom work and I fully intend to get it but it wasn't going to happen this year.  (FYI, getting a boat started off as a "sometime next year" thing and over the course of about 2 weeks it turned into a "looks like we're buying this boat now" thing.   It just wasn't in the cards to get my license so fast.)  Hopefully by spring of 2018 I'll at least have my license before the boat is back in the water, my IL's will be moving closer to us (So we'll have babysitters to watch the kids), and the two of us can have one on one time in the boat so I can drive it.  

• Multi-day update, lol.

Fri. -- Dr. visit with my endocrinologist.  All labs are good, except cholesterol and thyroid.  Because I forget to take that medication way too often.  Must fix.  I've been suffering from headaches a lot this year.  No history of that, so it's weird.  Over-the-counters don't usually work for me.  Dr. prescribed a headache medication.  I took it on Sunday when I woke up with a headach and it worked pretty good!  We'll see.  I'm hopeful.

Sat. -- filled my prescriptions and did some grocery shopping at Wal-mart.

Sun. -- Grocery shopping at Winn-Dixie.  Got a flu shot.  Watched football.  Saints defense actually looked good (shocker) against the Lions.  Sorrynotsorry @kimmiinthemitten.

Mon. -- Woke up feeling crappy.  I don't know if it was the flu shot the day before or not.  But that was the excuse I used for why I was calling out sick.  Lounged around and did nothing, except make French Onion meatloaf for dinner.  It was awesome!  Both the lounging and the meatloaf, lol.

Had the a/c off all day.  ALL DAY!!!  So glorious and about time.

Tues. -- So much to do at work.  Though, not as bad as it could have been.  I can actually get caught up by the end of the day.  Feeling a lot better, though the arm that got the shot is still uncomfortable and with a little pain here and there.

Overall, feeling pretty spoiled for having an unexpected 4-day weekend.  Even though Fri. and Mon. mornings were lame with medical stuff/illness.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2017
    @missjeanlouise, sounds like a great day (besides the bikram, with you on that!). I have never seen that movie!
    @Oliveoilsmom & @banana468, today was the first day where I woke up and it was cold.  I have had frost on the window the last couple of weeks but yeah, it be cold now!  I hope your day gets better, Banana!
    @Misskittydanger, ummm I hope you bought that shirt!

So last night, after H worked for 19 hours and 45 minutes (yeah give us the overtime, fools!), and we were texting back and forth - we came to the realization that Costa Rica is just not in our cards for next year.  We got everything refunded (resort and hotel wise) we put the deposit down for, and we got the southwest credit (yay southwest!!!) for future trips. When we booked it, we didn't have the condo in mind and last weeks trip was REALLY expensive and I've been putting trips on the books here and there.  A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders by canceling.  We're going to be able to spread our time and money out for smaller trips next year and it actually works out better for us.

edit: words

• @CharmedPam not yet, only because my size wasn't available. On my amazon wish list ;) When size comes in, it's happening and I'll post a photo here!
  • Multi-day update, lol.

Fri. -- Dr. visit with my endocrinologist.  All labs are good, except cholesterol and thyroid.  Because I forget to take that medication way too often.  Must fix.  I've been suffering from headaches a lot this year.  No history of that, so it's weird.  Over-the-counters don't usually work for me.  Dr. prescribed a headache medication.  I took it on Sunday when I woke up with a headach and it worked pretty good!  We'll see.  I'm hopeful.

well good for the majority of those labs turning out fine @short+sassy.  I forget to track my glucose numbers. I had to start tracking again and they're much lower than what they were a month ago so I'm happy (albeit, still pretty high) about the direction it's going.  I sometimes forget to take my 2nd metformin during the evening since the meds  are in my purse, and I'm usually at home and just don't go in there for them!

• @short+sassy what's your meds called? My boss and MIL are on really good stuff. M should be on meds but hasn't been to a dr in awhile *sigh*
    Glad it works though!
  • @short+sassy what's your meds called? My boss and MIL are on really good stuff. M should be on meds but hasn't been to a dr in awhile *sigh*
    Glad it works though!
    We have the same husband.  He can't be "sick" if no one can diagnose it!  H lives off of sugary drinks like soda, milk, milkshakes, and monster and only eats chips and Frito's (no sugar in them, but also not the healthiest of choices) when he's on his own.  I can't get him to eat vegetables when I'm around - but at least he gets meat and potatoes. 

To be fair, I am avoiding the optometrist because I won't need glasses if I don't get them prescribed.....

Glad it works though!

I'm not quite giving credit yet that it works, lol.  I've become jaded by over-the-counter pain medications that work sometimes for me, but often don't.  But 1/1 is at least a hopeful start, lol.

I don't remember off-hand what it is called and didn't bring any to work.  But I'll look at the name tonight and get back to you.

My doctor said it is part "the same ingredients in Tylenol", caffeine, and something else that I think starts with "b".  My H and I were not familiar with the third ingredient. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Glad it works though!
    We have the same husband.  He can't be "sick" if no one can diagnose it!  H lives off of sugary drinks like soda, milk, milkshakes, and monster and only eats chips and Frito's (no sugar in them, but also not the healthiest of choices) when he's on his own.  I can't get him to eat vegetables when I'm around - but at least he gets meat and potatoes. 

To be fair, I am avoiding the optometrist because I won't need glasses if I don't get them prescribed.....
    M knows he should be on meds for migraines. They're hereditary in his family but he doesn't go to clinic. lol catch-22 ;)

Your H's diet sounds like M's diet when I met him. It's not much better now but at least he drink way more water.
    Potatoes are veggies at least, milk is good and milkshakes are SOMEWHAT good depending on how they're made. {give me an old fashioned chocolate shake any time ;)!}

I avoided going to get eyes tested, knowing we were TTC - with my luck, my vision will change so why bother now lol
    Glad it works though!

My H and I have a friend who refuses to eat veggies or fruit.  Any of them.  Or anything with veggies/fruit in it.  I'm a real meat eater myself, but I still don't understand it!  There is so much variety in both of those categories to find SOMETHING a person likes.

I almost think it might be a psychological block.  Like he's told himself for so long that he doesn't like any fruits/veggies, that now he can't even try them.

Y'all.  He won't even eat guacamole.  Because it is made with avocados.  That is food from the Gods!  It is natural fatty goodness that doesn't even taste like a fruit or veggie.  He says he doesn't like it, but I suspect he's never tried it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Glad it works though!

My H and I have a friend who refuses to eat veggies or fruit.  Any of them.  Or anything with veggies/fruit in it.  I'm a real meat eater myself, but I still don't understand it!  There is so much variety in both of those categories to find SOMETHING a person likes.

I almost think it might be a psychological block.  Like he's told himself for so long that he doesn't like any fruits/veggies, that now he can't even try them.

Y'all.  He won't even eat guacamole.  Because it is made with avocados.  That is food from the Gods!  It is natural fatty goodness that doesn't even taste like a fruit or veggie.  He says he doesn't like it, but I suspect he's never tried it.

No spaghetti and meatballs?   No mac and cheese if there are onions in it?  No turkey and stuffing? Ketchup on a burger?  Orange juice?  Apple pie? 
  • Busy day, again, at work. But overheard one of our management team members say "I hate millennials", like that is something that is appropriate to say. (FTR she's not my supervisor and doesn't typically work directly with staff.) But seriously, this place has some problems. 

Other than that, not too much. Went to bed early and I'm finally feeling like I'm starting to recover from the race. 
  • Busy day, again, at work. But overheard one of our management team members say "I hate millennials", like that is something that is appropriate to say. (FTR she's not my supervisor and doesn't typically work directly with staff.) But seriously, this place has some problems. 

Other than that, not too much. Went to bed early and I'm finally feeling like I'm starting to recover from the race. 
    Does she know the millennial years? Because I heard someone say that and they didn't know they were part of that group :')
  • @CharmedPam I don't understand how people don't eat fruits and veggies.  I physically feel ill if I don't have vegetables everyday.  I used to date a guy a million years ago who was an adult that literally only ate pizza and dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets.  Clearly that ended quickly.

@Starmoon44 it depends on what kind of boat Banana has.  We just sold out 34 foot boat, I'm not sure I would ever be comfortable operating it more than just holding it steady for a minute or two on a straight course.  There are a lot of unpredictables in the water that you need experience for.  We were just out on a friend's 60 foot boat Monday.  No way would I ever operate that, so I was chasing the toddler.

I agree that infants on the boat are about a zillion times easier than toddlers and small children on a boat!

Does she know the millennial years? Because I heard someone say that and they didn't know they were part of that group :')
    She is well outside the millennial years. Pretty sure it was her way of saying she just hates young people. Which make up the majority of our staff. 

She is well outside the millennial years. Pretty sure it was her way of saying she just hates young people. Which make up the majority of our staff. 
    Damn, what a bitch *Side eye*
  • @kaos16, we have an 18' center console outboard.   It's not huge but it's moored at a marina and you need to back into a sleep near plenty of other boats that size or larger.   Like I said, I simply have no experience driving a boat.   We co-own it with FIL and he's been a skilled boater for years.   DH hadn't driven one until this year (aside from maybe a few turns before on FIL's or family boats).

But still, CT is one of the states that actually requires boaters to have a license which isn't the case in other places.  So until I get my license followed by the on the water experience, I'm not going to drive the boat.  
  • Ugh, what a long day and I just want to go  home.  But I'm waiting for a client I agreed to meet.

BFF and I went out for dinner/drinks and I was out way too late so now I'm dragging ass.  I can't wait to watch This Is Us and crash.

@short+sassy, admittedly, I fell asleep after halftime so I'm not mad at you.

@banana468 sorry about having to work, that sucks.

Speaking of Target, I'm obsessed with the skinny pants by their new brand A New Day.  I have them in black and red and may go back to get each color.  They are high waisted, so if you're like me and round in the tum you don't get mushroom tops and they are skinny without being leggings.  We need.