Wedding Woes

Love letters

I hope this is allowed. . . . sorry if it isn't!

I was just surfing the web at work today and saw that a law school friend posted about sending a love letter through an organization called The World Needs More Love Letters.  Has anyone ever heard of it? It seems that the woman who started it came to NYC and experienced a big change of pace which caused her to be depressed.  To combat her feelings of loneliness she started leaving little love notes around the city for others to find to help lift them up.  Now, it seems that through the website they have people nominated who could use some extra love or a little pick me up.  Anyone who wants to can write that person a letter, they are collected and delivered to him or her.

I just wrote a letter.  It made me smile.  We live in such a crazy, scary, angry world, that this seemed like a good thing to do.  We can all use a little uplifting in our lives, right?

Re: Love letters

• What a sweet idea!  I just checked out their website.

That would be a brightner in my day if I randomly came across a friendly note from a stranger, just while running errands or whatever.

I also like they use their website as a place to showcase people who have been going through hard times and need some extra love.

Although not a note, some of my all-time favorite moments/compliments are when a stranger or someone I met in passing says something positive to me.  Especially if it is something more on the unique side.  I have tried to do the same, when I have the opportunity.

I definitely agree with you, @kaos16.  We can all use some uplifting in our lives.  A closer tie to our human spirits. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Now that I am back in Student Affairs I get to go to the conferences, and she spoke at the last one I went to. She was very sweet, and we adopted that activity on our campus one day. It is a very sweet thought. We have considered expanding it to become a time when people can request some letters when they need a pick me up, but we also don't want it to start feeling disingenuous.