Moms and Maids
Options

Austin Bach

one of my best friends just got engaged and we are trying to plan her bach weekend. thinking austin TX for a thurs-sun. has anyone done this before and have any recommendations for a house rental (neighboorhoods to stay in etc) and anything else to do during the weekend! Id appreciate any feedback!

Re: Austin Bach

• Options
    Are you or anyone in WP from the area? Air B&B are typically easiest
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Rainey street and 6th street are the most common places to go out partying as they have tons of bars all right next to each other. You can do some googling to look into bars you want to hit - the areas are huge and just going and bar hopping might not get you what you're looking for. Some bars are A LOT cooler than others - read: actual good food/drinks versus dollar shots and handsy college boys. KWIM?

Ubers are really easy to get in Austin, but if you want to be able to walk, the Hilton is in between these two areas (closer to 6th so bring your flats to walk to Rainey). If it were me planning, I would just ask for a courtesy (free) room block and let the ladies decide on their own roommates and book their own rooms. 

If this is a destination bach, the bride (and anyone else) should not get judgy or huffy if not everyone is able to go. Destination bach parties are really expensive - especially to a city like Austin. By no means should anyone not involved in the planning be expected to come.  
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I just got back from Austin and would recommend staying near 6th Street. Attended a lovely pre-party at The Driskill lobby bar.
  • Options
    thanks, I have hear 6th st and rainey st are the popular places. we are not from the area and would most likely be renting an AIRBNB but since were not from the area we wouldn't know the proper neighborhood to stay in.
  • Options
    thanks, I have hear 6th st and rainey st are the popular places. we are not from the area and would most likely be renting an AIRBNB but since were not from the area we wouldn't know the proper neighborhood to stay in.

I would just google map Austin and cross reference with neighbourhoods and you should find something appropriate.
  • Options
    Two of the guys in H's friend group have done bach parties in Austin, they chose to go more of the lakeside firepit route rather than the 6th street one (although they did always head down for a night). I saw tons of great rentals through air b&b and other websites by the lakes that were fab.
  • Options
    The last time I was in downtown Austin, I saw two different bachelorette groups touring the capitol early on a Saturday morning, so maybe that's a thing people really like to do? If you're there in the summer, you could go paddleboarding on the river. 
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse