Registry and Gift Forum

Target or Bed, Bath & Beyond?

Hi!

My fiancé and I are doing our registry this weekend. We are doing Amazon for several items, but want to also do one "in store" so we can see and feel things like towels, plates, etc. We had originally planned on Target, but I've heard some not so great things about Target's registry lately... So... BBB or Target? Pros, Cons, Personal Experience are so appreciated! Thanks for your help!

Re: Target or Bed, Bath & Beyond?

• I would do BBB. I think they have a greater variety and coupons! I have never had any problems with gifts I have ordered through them and had shipped to the couple. I don't remember if I have ever used Target's registry.
  • Although target is probably in my top 5 favorite stores, I’d also go with BBB for a registry.  Target is an “everything” store, and Amazon is an “everything” site...if it’s a place with the best selection of towels, sheets, dishes, I think BBB would beat Target in variety. 
  • We did BBB over Target for a couple reasons. They ALWAYS have coupons, and they have more quality brands than Target does. Plus their return policy is great. We exchanged a few things and returned a few duplicates with no hassle at all. We also had a lot of things shipped to us with no issue.

I've heard from a few people that Target is kind of tricky for returns without a receipt. 
  • I like shopping BBB for gifts because they do have great coupons.

However, for myself, we registered at Target and Williams Sonoma.  Target just simply had more stuff we wanted.  And their registry was easy for guests to order online and have shipped to us.  I got married OOT from where I lived, so I wanted it as easy as possible for people to mail gifts if that is what they chose to do, lol.  Though I'm sure BBB is good for that also.

We did BBB over Target for a couple reasons. They ALWAYS have coupons, and they have more quality brands than Target does. Plus their return policy is great. We exchanged a few things and returned a few duplicates with no hassle at all. We also had a lot of things shipped to us with no issue.

I've heard from a few people that Target is kind of tricky for returns without a receipt. 

I don't think I investigated their return policy, so I don't have an impression of how good/bad it usually is.  But I did have to return one of my gifts, without a receipt, and it was really easy.  It was an item on my registry and it seemed like they pulled the original transaction up from that.

I also wasn't asking for cash back.  Because that seemed kind of wrong, I guess.  Since my guest had chosen to give me a gift instead of cash to begin with.  They gave me a Target gift card for the value instead.  Which was just fine by me.  I think I even spent the whole thing in the same visit, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ahoyweddingahoywedding member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2017

I like shopping BBB for gifts because they do have great coupons.

However, for myself, we registered at Target and Williams Sonoma.  Target just simply had more stuff we wanted.  And their registry was easy for guests to order online and have shipped to us.  I got married OOT from where I lived, so I wanted it as easy as possible for people to mail gifts if that is what they chose to do, lol.  Though I'm sure BBB is good for that also.

We did BBB over Target for a couple reasons. They ALWAYS have coupons, and they have more quality brands than Target does. Plus their return policy is great. We exchanged a few things and returned a few duplicates with no hassle at all. We also had a lot of things shipped to us with no issue.

I don't think I investigated their return policy, so I don't have an impression of how good/bad it usually is.  But I did have to return one of my gifts, without a receipt, and it was really easy.  It was an item on my registry and it seemed like they pulled the original transaction up from that.

I also wasn't asking for cash back.  Because that seemed kind of wrong, I guess.  Since my guest had chosen to give me a gift instead of cash to begin with.  They gave me a Target gift card for the value instead.  Which was just fine by me.  I think I even spent the whole thing in the same visit, lol.

They may have changed their return policy; to be fair to Target, I heard this from friends a few years ago. I guess it would be worth looking into before creating a registry there!

ETA: It seems like they shouldn't mind giving store credit, seeing how easy it would be to spend it all immediately ;) 
  • I like shopping BBB for gifts because they do have great coupons.

I have shipped to couples all over the country via BBB's registry but yes you are correct that you should go with the store that has the most things that you want.