Chit Chat

Are you ready for some football?!

Re: Are you ready for some football?!

• lyndausvi said:
    I got my butt handed to me this week on this league.  Way to go @eileenrob .  I won in my other league.  

Hey, my Eagles are still looking good.  Although us losing Peters is obviously an issue.  Wentz had 3 sacks  :'(

Was really happy to see this (sorry, not really). I should hopefully be back on top after tonight’s game! 

My Bills had a great win yesterday!! Really hope this is the year to break the playoff drought but cannot get my hopes up. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I got my butt handed to me this week on this league.  Way to go @eileenrob .  I won in my other league.  

Hey, my Eagles are still looking good.  Although us losing Peters is obviously an issue.  Wentz had 3 sacks  :'(

Hey it ain’t over til it’s over!  But I’m hoping Gangreen is making a little second half push.  This is my second straight (projected) win...third week without a loss if you count my tie with Kimmi  :D

I was rooting against myself a bit last night...you have Prescott and so does my H.  He’s about to suffer his first loss in his (oddly competitive) work league, so I was hoping Prescott could put up like 30 somehow.
  • Did anyone have waiver claims not go through this morning?
  • my team is just turrrrrible. Even when they should be decent they shit the bed it is pretty amazing. 

@charlotte989875 I just snagged a QB and it went through fine - I hadn't made the claim earlier though, I just did it now
  • Did anyone have waiver claims not go through this morning?
    I didn't pick up anyone until today.

Do you notice if someone else higher in the order picked up the player instead?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    Did anyone have waiver claims not go through this morning?
    I didn't pick up anyone until today.

Do you notice if someone else higher in the order picked up the player instead?
    kvruns said:
    my team is just turrrrrible. Even when they should be decent they shit the bed it is pretty amazing. 

@charlotte989875 I just snagged a QB and it went through fine - I hadn't made the claim earlier though, I just did it now
    Apparently Yahoo had problems with the waivers overnight so they didn't go through until this afternoon. There were some VERY unhappy people on fantasy forums this morning. 

I'm loving the Kelvin Benjamin pickup by the Bills yesterday!
  • We’ve got a big Bills-Jets game tonight @eileenrob!! My bills are looking pretty good. 

• We’ve got a big Bills-Jets game tonight @eileenrob!! My bills are looking pretty good. 

DH is a Jets fan.  We will be watching with some Bills fans.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    We’ve got a big Bills-Jets game tonight @eileenrob!! My bills are looking pretty good. 

We really are a lovely group of people, despite what Barstool Sports says. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    We’ve got a big Bills-Jets game tonight @eileenrob!! My bills are looking pretty good. 

We really are a lovely group of people, despite what Barstool Sports says. 
    Rumor has it that us Eagles fans are softening.    There is a possibility that Santa will not be pounded with snowballs this year.  But do not hold your breath.

Yes!! I’m excited for a night game! I can’t really enjoy Sunday’s bc the Jets usually play at 1; if the tv is on the kids are kind of like, “what’s this? why isn’t Moana on?”  :s
    The Bills have been looking good...but we really need a win this week!
  • eileenrob said:

Yes!! I’m excited for a night game! I can’t really enjoy Sunday’s bc the Jets usually play at 1; if the tv is on the kids are kind of like, “what’s this? why isn’t Moana on?”  :s
    The Bills have been looking good...but we really need a win this week!

• I couldn’t stay up til the end! But hey we’re tied for the season now :)
  • eileenrob said:
    I couldn’t stay up til the end! But hey we’re tied for the season now :)
    I went to bed at the start of the fourth quarter. I was exhausted, they were playing terribly, so I figured sleeping was better than watching the end. I wasn't wrong. 
  • I currently have zero players on my bench I could start. Everyone’s out, or on the bye. 
  • I currently have zero players on my bench I could start. Everyone’s out, or on the bye. 
    It's been a bad year for injuries. 

• lyndausvi said:
    I currently have zero players on my bench I could start. Everyone’s out, or on the bye. 
    I ran a 5K this morning and had to pick up a tight end at the end of the race bc Ertz was a game time decision. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I currently have zero players on my bench I could start. Everyone’s out, or on the bye. 
    I ran a 5K this morning and had to pick up a tight end at the end of the race bc Ertz was a game time decision. 
    I got the alert that Elliott would be active and not suspended in mass this morning...and made my lineup change then and there #badcatholic 
  • edited November 2017
    @kvruns and I have an exciting game going on... Looks like it will come down to the Monday night game!

• It is going to be close! I only have Jordy Nelson left tonight and he has had  nothing since Aaron Rodgers went out so I think it will come down to your guys performing at least at predicted
  • Never have I ever been so excited for an injury.  If we can't beat the Packers with a back-up QB, I don't know what I'll do.

Who am I kidding?  Nothing LOL.
  • What was with all the fighting and players getting kicked out of games this week?!?  Geez.

In the Saints vs. TB game, TB #13 SHOULD have been kicked out of the game.  But apparently there is some rule that if a ref doesn't call for that on the field, ie I guess doesn't see it, the player can't be kicked out of the game based on footage.  Though the team can be penalized, and they were.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We heard AJ Green of the Bengals was ejected for fighting and then we saw the video. I told H that baby B can't wear his jersey anymore since he was kicked out for fighting. Well and the part where he's too chunky to wear it haha
  • Never have I ever been so excited for an injury.  If we can't beat the Packers with a back-up QB, I don't know what I'll do.

Who am I kidding?  Nothing LOL.
    I’m going to need Marvin Jones Jr to have a big game. So far not a bad start. 
  • I'm happy my guys in Honolulu Blue  won, but I would have won 1/3 fantasy games if Stafford hadn't performed so well.  Instead I lost by 1 point.
  • Injuries are KILLING my team, y'all. 
  • I went from 1st in both of my other leagues to 5th and 7th.  I'm not happy.  At least I'm still doing okay here!
  • Sorry I've been MIA.   Was out east for 10 days.

Yay, I'm in first place on this league.  2nd in my other league.   This week is going to suck.  I have Prescott and he is playing my Eagles. Hopefully the rest of my line up steps up so I don't have to route for Prescott to do something. Ha.

• @short+sassy I'm probably not supposed to tell you this since we're playing each other this week, but just a heads up that you have a WR with a bye and your kicker is listed as doubtful. 
  • Well @eileenrob I’d say AB had a good night.