Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the Dates/Invitation Combo Sent at the Same Time?

I see the purpose behind sending the dates very early and then sending out the invitations closer to the wedding, however, I'm considering just sending some combo of the two in the same envelope or just a single card with all the info on it. We're having guests RSVP on the wedding website- no paper RSVPs. So would sending a save the date/invitation mixed card with the wedding website as well as the RSVP deadline work? It's a family-only event, so I think it would be easy if we informed parents/grandparents and had them spread the word.

Re: Save the Dates/Invitation Combo Sent at the Same Time?

• MobKaz Most likely March 2019, but we may not have an exact date set by the time the holidays come around. We also hadn't even thought of sending holiday cards- is that a thing for couples to do before they have kids?? 

charlotte989875 That's not a bad idea, it's only family so once we pick a date, we'll just tell immediate family to disperse the information lol
  • Thanks everyone! :)
  • We didn't send holiday cards every year, but we did once pre-kids. We were going to last year, but forgot before it was too late. 
  • STDs are for guests who are from out of town and will need hotel reservations and airline tickets to attend your wedding.  It sounds like you don't need them at all.  Your family grapevine should take care of this for you.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg