Chit Chat

Agnes and Dora?

Has anyone heard of this company? I know it's an MLM clothing company, but has anyone purchased from them? Quality? I'm not a fan of a lot of MLM's (can't stand LuLaRoe), but a friend invited me to a party to celebrate 6 months post chemo and I'm planning to attend. Might buy something if I like stuff or if it's decent quality. 

Re: Agnes and Dora?

• I like MLM companies {to a degree} but I mostly like the fact they support friends who are doing these.

I haven't heard of these {side note; I know a few legging MLM companies that you can check out since you're not a fan of LLR} so I did a quick google search. Looks nice enough stuff.
    Are they going to have samples?
    You can get horrible or good quality stuff no matter where you go tbh
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2017
  • Thanks. I don't wear leggings except workout tights. 

It's an online party. :/

I have since googled, and it's expensive! Like $50 for a baggy knit top that has four seams and no tailoring or anything else. 

And it's almost all that baggy/loose (imho, sloppy looking) trend that I absolutely hate. It's so unflattering. It's well know that, unless you're in perfect shape (which I am not) and can wear anything, clothes that skim the body are the most flattering for a curvier shape. 

I read their about page first, and with stuff like "seeks to empower women both professionally and personally" and "what we wear is like a coat of arms and reflects our beliefs," I expected it to look a little nicer and tailored and professional.

None of it looked professional in the least, and I would never wear any of it, exept a couple of the skirts, and I say this as someone who always wore jeans to my last job!
  • It’s founded by the niece of the LLR founders. 

MLMs are awful. Don’t do it. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Thanks. I don't wear leggings except workout tights. 

It's an online party. :/

I have since googled, and it's expensive! Like $50 for a baggy knit top that has four seams and no tailoring or anything else. 

And it's almost all that baggy/loose (imho, sloppy looking) trend that I absolutely hate. It's so unflattering. It's well know that, unless you're in perfect shape (which I am not) and can wear anything, clothes that skim the body are the most flattering for a curvier shape. 

I read their about page first, and with stuff like "seeks to empower women both professionally and personally" and "what we wear is like a coat of arms and reflects our beliefs," I expected it to look a little nicer and tailored and professional.

None of it looked professional in the least, and I would never wear any of it, exept a couple of the skirts, and I say this as someone who always wore jeans to my last job!

Yes!  I'm a plus-size girl with an hour-glass figure.  I hate that about plus-size clothing also.  It's often so baggy and shapeless.  Ummm...thanks for making me look even heavier than I actually am?

I read an article a couple weeks ago that LuLaRue is either in a class action lawsuit with former salespeople or there is a group thinking about a class action lawsuit.

I guess the gist is, to be a LuLaRue salesperson, the cheapest "package" is $5K.  Which buys a lot of inventory because they want their consultants to have "inventory ready" for the customers.

Oh, but it's okay and perfectly safe to have extra thousands of dollars in inventory, because LuLaRue will take the inventory back for a full refund if a consultant leaves the biz or if they have too much inventory.

Except they made it almost impossible for people to make returns.  Also changed that return policy to "no returns" late last year.  But did it without warning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @redwoodoriginal, I agree with you about a lot of MLM's, but there are some I like, and there are ones that are a lot more fair and require less of an initial investment than ones like LLR. I love Mary Kay, Tupperware and Pampered Chef. Almost my whole kitchen is Pampered Chef!

@lnixon8 and @short+sassy  She's not selling, she's just hosting a party. It's not to raise money for medical costs, just a fun thing to do to celebrate being done with chemo. 

I'll probably tell her thanks, and that I'll take a look, which is not a lie. 
  • Honestly the A&D clothes look very similar to LLR.  I have one LLR dress, and a couple of t-shirts that fit ok, but the quality is lacking.  I can't comment on A&D quality, as they're not available in Canada.
  • @redwoodoriginal, I agree with you about a lot of MLM's, but there are some I like, and there are ones that are a lot more fair and require less of an initial investment than ones like LLR. I love Mary Kay, Tupperware and Pampered Chef. Almost my whole kitchen is Pampered Chef!

@lnixon8 and @short+sassy  She's not selling, she's just hosting a party. It's not to raise money for medical costs, just a fun thing to do to celebrate being done with chemo. 

@lovesclimbing - not to be rude, but I still don't really understand the point of this. She's hosting a party to be a "fun thing" to celebrate, but it's an online party? So, basically just asking people to buy stuff - right? I would think an in-person gathering could be a fun little celebration, but this still seems bizarre. If it were me, I would buy her a little congrats gift or take her out to lunch and skip the MLM leggings bit.

@lovesclimbing - not to be rude, but I still don't really understand the point of this. She's hosting a party to be a "fun thing" to celebrate, but it's an online party? So, basically just asking people to buy stuff - right? I would think an in-person gathering could be a fun little celebration, but this still seems bizarre. If it were me, I would buy her a little congrats gift or take her out to lunch and skip the MLM leggings bit.
    Yea, I think it's a bit silly too. She lives in a tiny town without many people. I guess it's a celebration because she gets the free hostess gifts? I think personally I'd have a party when she's visiting the larger hub city, but whatever, its her thing. I havent even gotten a link to the party yet, so idk.