Wedding Woes

Friday!!!!

What's up?!  DH is supposed to have the day off, but he went in for a bit.  When he gets home I'm going for a run then we're taking Max to COSI for the day.  I don't remember it EVER being the three of us.

Tomorrow we have zero plans.  ZERO!  How does that happen?!

Sunday is church, lunch, and the art museum.  I haven't been to the museum since high school.

Apparently this is what families with no sports do on the weekends. 

Re: Friday!!!!

• I work tomorrow.  No idea on Sunday.  I'm cutting out of work early to get DefConn and do flu shots.  I think we'll go to the store tonight just to get it done. 

I slept on my shoulder wrong.  I also had weird dreams last night. 
  • We're pretty sure we have a mouse in the downstairs sofa. We set up a couple traps and I guess just wait. Ugh. 

Tonight is GNO and then tomorrow is helping my BFF move the last of her things into an apartment, which is her in-between residence until she finds a house. She deserves good house vibes, she has been on the losing side of 5 offers and has to turn in the keys to her house Sunday.

Sunday is the Lions game with Hubs.  Woohoo!
  • DH has today off so he's taking the kids to daycare while I work.  

It's COOOOOLD.   Started today in the low 40s and it's getting COLDER as the day goes.

No weekend plans but I need to do some pre-party prep for the following weekend.   Thinking of making and freezing a mac and cheese. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2017
    @kimmiinthemitten a mouse IN the sofa?!?!?!?

It's cooooold here too. I think it was high 20s. My coats don't fit so I'm going without which is fine because while I love buying coats I don't like wearing them.

FFC: Have baby B's rescheduled pictures tomorrow. Outside.  In 40something degree weather. It is going to be a short session. Luckily he runs warm so I'm not that concerned with him getting too cold (and I'll have him dressed warm and have a blanket and stuff). Not ideal but he's being squeezed in since last weekend was rained out so beggars can't be choosers at this point.

edit: typo
  • @kimmiinthemitten a mouse in the sofa would freak me out to no avail and give me an incurable case of the heebeejeebies. You're far braver than I; I would just throw out the couch lol. 

Today is a floating holiday for H & I. But I used up my floating holidays during my maternity leave so I could keep getting healthcare coverage for the couple of weeks I took unpaid, so I am working from home in the morning, and then off in the afternoon. Babypants is at daycare, which means she will actually get a nap (she refuses to nap for us anymore), and I will be able to take a shower, do laundry, and tidy up the house a bit while I am "working" from home. H's parents are coming over for a few hours tomorrow morning to see the baby. They haven't seen her since she was 6 weeks old so they're in for a bit of a surprise - she's so much bigger and so much more animated now. 
  • @6fsn whooo no plans!!

@kimmiinthemitten Do you know how the mouse got in? Also are your cats not hunters? My mum had a mouse under her wall unit and discovered it because her cat was playing by the edges .... her cat isn't a hunter. lol

@banana468 it's cold here too :( is it gonna get warmer over the weekend? cuz it is here and I'm confused lmao!

So last night M went to scope out the place he's hunting at today, and they saw a few in 20mins so figured it'll be a good hunt. Or at least they're hopeful.

Learned last night to never allow a pregnant woman grocery shop alone lmfao! M was going to meet me, so I started without him. I picked up honey buns, smart food, yogurt covered cranberries, and was in a pissy mood by the time he showed up because I had a random craving for Clodhoppers *sigh*

WHICH HE SHOWED UP IN A HUNTING JACKET AND THE INSIDE IS NEON ORANGE!!!
    M: do you like my jacket?
    me: I really don't want to talk about it
    M: can you see it?
    me: nope.
    M: *flips to show more inside* SEE IT NOW
    me: fuck off :|
    M: are you still borrowing my jacket if yours doesn't fit at the end of the winter?
    me: Nope. I'm gonna take *boss* up on her offer of borrowing a jacket if I need it. I draw a line at wearing hunting shit.
    M: *looks in cart* what on earth have you bought?
    me: don't ask me these questions. Have you seen clodhoppers?

So we put away groceries, I had a shower, watched more of HIMYM (we're finally at season 8 lol)

M was up early to go hunting. Obviously it's fucking freezing, so I had to walk to the bus stop lol
    Friend of mine texted this morning and I thought it was M saying he bagged a deer! I keep eyeing my phone to see if I have any msgs lol

Cleaning and organizing this weekend. M has a football game Sunday, and I'm trying out a "vegan barley soup" {vegan cuz no meat and no need for dairy} At least when he gets home, he'll have a nice soup to have :)
  • edited November 2017
    It's snowing in Buffalo. And I have no idea where the box of winter coats is. H swears he's going to find them tomorrow (which does not help me at all today).

I'm sick again. I have the day off non-profit job, which is great but I still have to teach at noon. The apartment complex is replacing our roof so it's loud and I can't go back to sleep. Worst day to be sick.

BUT we're going to see Nick Offerman tonight!! I'm going to take so much cold medicine so I can make it through because I'm not missing it. 

• Oh @kimmiinthemitten I had a mouse in a reclining chair once and it was awful. There was more than one and I just threw the chair away it was so gross. Really hope you catch it!
  • kvruns said:

That is nightmare fuel for me.  The sofa would have to go.  It would need to burned to the ground and used to salt the earth.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

That is nightmare fuel for me.  The sofa would have to go.  It would need to burned to the ground and used to salt the earth.  
    Exactly what happened to the chair. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten - like IN the sofa? How did you find it?!

DH has the day off (Veteran's Day observed) and is working on our master bathroom redo. He's annoyed because at 10pm last night, I had "last minute changes that will delay progress today". I wouldn't have had last minute changes if he had run the bullnose issue past me. We're doing everything in marble and he (is cheap and) didn't want to buy marble bullnose. So he "talked to a tile guy" who said we could use normal tile and do this weird metal edging. It looked so...well, "diy cheap" is a generous description. Can marble look cheap and awful? Answer: Yes. With bad decision making, yes it can. 

We bought all the furniture for babybelle's new room yesterday so we'll probably work on setting things up this weekend. We need to get him transitioned before futurebelle hijacks the nursery. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Quick question:

I have a canker on my inner lip. I was rinsing with salt and water {and put salt directly on it as well}
    But does anyone have other tips on how to get rid of them?
  • @kimmiinthemitten, we had a mouse problem too. Not in the couch though! just in general.  I had the exterminators out and they found only 1 hole, a crack through the air conditioner vent.  Nothing i'd ever find myself, so money well spent IMO.

It's flurrying here too. Boooo.  Way to early for this!  What happened to fall?

I have someone coming out to look at my sink/tile at 6 tonight and then H and I are going to see Thor.  We had a spat this morning, I woke up and he had left forks on the counter and knifes on the sink/counter with a dirty cup.  I told him I only ask him to put dishes in the dishwasher.  That's it.  It's really not asking for much.  He constantly says "I dont know if they're dirty or clean".  Fact is, he's lazy.  And if he didnt know if they were dirty or clean wouldn't someone still rinse off the food and place in the sink.  Like, why leave them on the counter with caked on food?  I had to buy a hideous "clean/dirty" sign for the dishwasher, but something tells me this won't solve the problem.  Buying a sign like that cannot fix laziness.

• @MissKittyDanger I always just have to wait them out, I don't put anything on them. I used to try Orajel but I swear all it did was make my tongue or any other part of my mouth that got it to be numb but never actually helped. 
  • @CharmedPam - dishes in the sink and out on the counter are a pet peeve of mine. DH used to do it all the time. What a shocker to find out MIL used to take care of it for him at home. (eyeroll) Not here, buddy. At a basic level, that shit is just disrespectful. I don't care if the dishwasher is in the next room and it says "clean". If you are over the age of 6 and can reach the sink and know how to turn on water and dispense soap, wash the dishes you eat from. Even better? EMPTY THE FUCKING DISHWASHER and then put your rinsed dishes inside....something adults do. 

Sorry this is me when it comes to laziness in that department:
    Image result for funny not funny gif
    *********************************************************************************

• @levioosa okay but coconut oil now officially solves all problems lol I'm gonna try it :) Sometimes I put salt directly on it just to kill anything and everything. It's typically my "last resort" idea lol
  • @CharmedPam - dishes in the sink and out on the counter are a pet peeve of mine. DH used to do it all the time. What a shocker to find out MIL used to take care of it for him at home. (eyeroll) Not here, buddy. At a basic level, that shit is just disrespectful. I don't care if the dishwasher is in the next room and it says "clean". If you are over the age of 6 and can reach the sink and know how to turn on water and dispense soap, wash the dishes you eat from. Even better? EMPTY THE FUCKING DISHWASHER and then put your rinsed dishes inside....something adults do. 

Sorry this is me when it comes to laziness in that department:
    Image result for funny not funny gif
    word.  I agree. I even used that word today too.  I told him, if he asked around he'd realize he has it VERY good as far as my expectations go.  Once that magnet goes up though, all excuses will go out the window.  

• kvruns said:
    @MissKittyDanger I always just have to wait them out, I don't put anything on them. I used to try Orajel but I swear all it did was make my tongue or any other part of my mouth that got it to be numb but never actually helped. 
    I considered Orajel but since it's at the front I didn't wanna risk my entire mouth going numb at work lol
  • @6fsn, enjoy the "free" day tomorrow!

@kimmiinthemitten, good luck to your friend on her house search!  We originally adopted our cat because we were having a mouse problem at a previous residence.  We knew we were taking a gamble, because not all cats are "mousers".  But, of course, were going to keep her regardless.  Our gamble paid off.  She definitely is a mouser and, wow, is she good!  She was still a 4-month old Manx kitten, at the time, and caught a mouse the 2nd day she was in our house.  In my "after the fact" research, I discovered that this breed is apparently renowned for their mousing abilities.  Whiskey distilleries in Scotland have been known to specifically keep Manxes at their facilities to help with the mice problems.

@charlotte989875, hope you feel better!

@southernbelle0915, absolutely a bullnose piece!  It's so much nicer and more finished looking.  An example of, "The cheap comes out expensive."  And, in this case, more time consuming.

@CharmedPam, mea culpa.  I checked with H and you were right.  The tiling happens first, then the sink/cabinet installation.  We have one of those signs on our dishwasher!  But I like our sign, it's cute.  It's a magnet that flips, with one side being "clean" and the other side being "dirty".  The "clean" side has a picture of a Boston Terrier with his tongue sticking up...like he had just licked a plate clean.  Our own Izzy is a mutt baby from the pound and doesn't look like any particular breed of dog.  But a Boston comes the closest.  Except she has longer fur and is a bit stockier.

Good news at work!  The big boss came into my office earlier this morning.  He told me that, although it wasn't as much as he would have liked, they are giving me a raise of $150/month.  Backdated to Nov. 1st.  No one has gotten raises for the last two years because the project our floor works on has been dicey, but that has improved over the last year.  He also thanked me for all the hard work I do.  TBH, I'm pretty underpaid for the position I have and the work I do.  Because I've been given promotions...but promotions that did not come with any bump in salary like they should have.  But I like the company.  I like the job.  It's not very stressful, but still has a good amount of responsibility, so I feel valued.

Not much going on over the weekend.  Time for some basic grocery shopping.  I'm in a mood to purge, after the posts from yesterday, lol.  So I'm going to ride that wave and go through more boxes.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good news at work!  The big boss came into my office earlier this morning.  He told me that, although it wasn't as much as he would have liked, they are giving me a raise of $150/month.  Backdated to Nov. 1st.  No one has gotten raises for the last two years because the project our floor works on has been dicey, but that has improved over the last year.  He also thanked me for all the hard work I do.  TBH, I'm pretty underpaid for the position I have and the work I do.  Because I've been given promotions...but promotions that did not come with any bump in salary like they should have.  But I like the company.  I like the job.  It's not very stressful, but still has a good amount of responsibility, so I feel valued.

Not much going on over the weekend.  Time for some basic grocery shopping.  I'm in a mood to purge, after the posts from yesterday, lol.  So I'm going to ride that wave and go through more boxes.  

Congrats! That's actually a pretty decent raise in our company! lol

I have grocery shopping to do too.  booo.

• Congrats on the raise, @short+sassy!!!
  • @kimmiinthemitten More mouse details please.  I hope you find him.  And that he was a rogue mouse that somehow found a way in

@short+sassy - Congratulations on the raise!!  That's exciting  

Both DH and I are home today (yay Fall Break for schools!!).  But our microwave is broken, and the repair guy is coming today.  I was told he would call about 15 mins before he arrived.  I'm assuming between 8-5??  Really?  You couldn't give me a 4 hour window?  But I want my microwave fixed.  I went to re-heat lunch yesterday and realized I couldn't.  

And I'm a little miffed at SIL.  She does yoga almost daily, and tends to do 3+hours on Saturdays.  She's also trying to teach more classes, so she subs a lot of classes when she's not working her 9-5 job.  She asked if we could babysit Sat for about 4 hours.  My Brother is on shift work, the Nanny is off, and both sets of grandparents are out of town.  They refuse to pay for babysitting cos it's expensive.  I wouldn't mind if it was for her to work, but she just wants to get in 2-3 yoga classes.  I felt like telling her that part of being a parent means you don't always get to do what you want.  Do your yoga at home - the kids often do it with her.  But it's a better family environment if I don't get into it with her.  I said we could, but only for the second half.  I'm not giving up my potential plans cos she doesn't want to parent.  

• wooohoooo @short+sassy on the raise!

• Eh, I don’t see why asking to babysit is a problem. Just say no if it doesn’t work for you. I love babysitting friends kids whether it’s for something important or so they can take a nap and get their nails done. 
  • M's Hunting Update:
    Nothing. Too cold. No movement in general.

He's gonna go back next weekend if it's warmer.
  • Eh, I don’t see why asking to babysit is a problem. Just say no if it doesn’t work for you. I love babysitting friends kids whether it’s for something important or so they can take a nap and get their nails done. 
    I do too. But I would be kind of annoyed if someone wanted me to babysit for 4 hours because "babysitting is expensive". Two hours so she could do 1 yoga class and let me get on my with my own Saturday? Right on, happy to help. But 3 back to back classes for half the day? It's more than a favor at that point.

There's a point where it's less "helping out" and more of an excessive ask. 

• The real point of the story is:  Who fucking loves yoga for 3 hours worth?!?