DIY Wedding Forum

Combining Marriage License with Guest Book

Hey!

Just wondering if this is something that anyone's done that could give me their experiences on how it went? My fiance had the idea of combining them... doing that guest book where guests sign a heart and put it into a box or something, then us use the hearts to decorate around our marriage license. Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks!
April 13, 2018

Re: Combining Marriage License with Guest Book

• Hey!

Just wondering if this is something that anyone's done that could give me their experiences on how it went? My fiance had the idea of combining them... doing that guest book where guests sign a heart and put it into a box or something, then us use the hearts to decorate around our marriage license. Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks!
    You could glue the heart around a frame.
  • How many copies are you getting? This is a very important legal document, but if you want to show it off then ditto PP

• lnixon8 said:
    How many copies are you getting? This is a very important legal document, but if you want to show it off then ditto PP
    Exactly. I'd be careful about framing the only original (ours is in the safe), but a second copy? Go to town. 
  • You mean your marriage certificate? You don't keep your license, it goes back to the state, although I do have a copy of it only because our pastor, who turned it in for us, gave us a copy. I personally am not a proponent of important documents being hung on the wall. I wouldn't hang my ID up or birth certificates, etc., so I'm not a fan. Also, if you ever have people you don't know really well in your house, there is the chance it could be stolen and used in negative ways (identify theft). I have heard of this happening with degrees and such.

I don't think it's wrong or anything though. Do it if you want. 
  • Thank you so much to everyone who responded! We had never once thought about not displaying the copy because of identity theft (admittedly I'm not that smart)... we decided instead to put a picture from the wedding in the shadow box's center. We don't have a photographer, instead are asking our guests to take pictures for us... so we'll have to just see! If nothing else we will go home and get a picture in our wedding attire with our furbaby / my ESA. And that one can go in the center... any thoughts on this?

April 13, 2018