Wedding Party

Tiffany Blue Bridesmaid Dresses

Has anyone seen Tiffany Blue Bridesmaid dresses?  I'm having an awfully hard time finding them...if so, can you please tell me the name of the designer that carries them.  Thanks!

Re: Tiffany Blue Bridesmaid Dresses

• Has anyone seen Tiffany Blue Bridesmaid dresses?  I'm having an awfully hard time finding them...if so, can you please tell me the name of the designer that carries them.  Thanks!
    Don’t worry about matching perfectly. No one is going to be holding a color swatch up to your bridesmaids. Close counts. Wish I could be more helpful with a designer, sorry.
  • Have you checked Azazie? They have a few in that color family.
  • Mori Lee also sells a similar colour.
  • oh, this color. i remembered that a brand called Mix Bridal has a very similar color. You may have a look there. 
  • I know the colour you're looking for and someone else mentioned it, but it is trademarked.

HOWEVER when you're looking for it {I love the colour as well and have many things in my house that match it} look for a light turquoise. Easier to find and pretty close to that colour.
  • Why "Tiffany blue"?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2017
    CMGragain said:
    Why "Tiffany blue"?
    Maybe she likes that color? It's a very pretty color for a spring or summer (or even winter) wedding and matches a lot of other colors. Who cares why, do you question when someone is looking for an "eggplant" or some other color dress?
    My point was that there are many similar shades of blue available that are not copyrighted.  "Tiffany Blue" is a very specific color and it is not available in clothing at all.  I do not understand why the OP is set on that color when there are so many very similar colors available.  It would be very easy to find a light blue dress that is close to that color.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • If you're going for a blue akin to Tiffany Blue, my advice is to avoid taffeta or any fabric with a sheen. 
    A college acquaintance had a Tiffany Blue theme to her wedding, and God knows what fabric she had her bridesmaids in but they reflected light and looked like something out of the 1980's. Tacky city.  Another woman I know, a colleague, had the same color in a matte fabric and it looked much nicer! 

• Considering DB and Weddington Way are popular bridesmaid dress sites and the OP indicated she has been looking for awhile, I would expect she has already seen and rejected the above colors and other ones and is looking for the identical shade, which she won't find. I think cmg pointing out that it doesn't need to be that exact shade is perfectly valid. 
  • Considering DB and Weddington Way are popular bridesmaid dress sites and the OP indicated she has been looking for awhile, I would expect she has already seen and rejected the above colors and other ones and is looking for the identical shade, which she won't find. I think cmg pointing out that it doesn't need to be that exact shade is perfectly valid. 
    But that's not what she got called on. She got called on saying (only) "Why Tiffany blue?" which, with zero alternatives and zero explanation of why her question matters whatsoever, is objectively pointless and unhelpful. If OP answers the question, she might say "because my engagement ring is Tiffany and it means a lot to me" or "because it was my deceased sister's wedding color and I want to honor her" or "because I just like it." No matter what she says, the question was bait to be like "cool story bro, you can't have it." So what's the point?

Her second post only parroted what other (helpful) people said "that color is copyrighted and you'll need to look for something close". Which easily could have been her first....but it wasn't.
    *********************************************************************************

• Yeah - I think you need to start looking up things like turquoise and 'robin's egg blue' to start looking at colors.  

Tiffany Blue isn't just a trademarked color.   It's an eye roll inducing PMS color because it's PMS 1837 with the 1837 as the year that they were created.   That's a bullshit number when you look at a Pantone book because the numbers in that range should be in the brown to pink tones.   

Sorry - rant over.   Their stuff is nice but as someone knowing printing that's SO stupid.
    But that's not what she got called on. She got called on saying (only) "Why Tiffany blue?" which, with zero alternatives and zero explanation of why her question matters whatsoever, is objectively pointless and unhelpful. If OP answers the question, she might say "because my engagement ring is Tiffany and it means a lot to me" or "because it was my deceased sister's wedding color and I want to honor her" or "because I just like it." No matter what she says, the question was bait to be like "cool story bro, you can't have it." So what's the point?

Her second post only parroted what other (helpful) people said "that color is copyrighted and you'll need to look for something close". Which easily could have been her first....but it wasn't.
    And the OP might also say, "Because everyone knows Tiffany blue and I want to look rich at my wedding." Regardless, I think cmg was intending to make the OP think about why she wants and thinks she needs that specific color. Maybe it wasn't the most important or helpeful post, but so what. People post pointless things all the time. 

Regarding cmg "parroting" other people, since you're calling out cmg for repeating, I hope you will do the same for everyone who reiterates things in threads.

And the OP might also say, "Because everyone knows Tiffany blue and I want to look rich at my wedding." Regardless, I think cmg was intending to make the OP think about why she wants and thinks she needs that specific color. Maybe it wasn't the most important or helpeful post, but so what. People post pointless things all the time. 

Regarding cmg "parroting" other people, since you're calling out cmg for repeating, I hope you will do the same for everyone who reiterates things in threads.
    1) It doesn't matter why she wants it. That's the whole point.

2) No, I won't point out reiteration going forward. Because the key point of my second paragraph wasn't reiteration...it was the fact that, once she got called out, she quickly backpedaled and changed her tune to parroting helpful stuff other people had said. 
    *********************************************************************************

1) It doesn't matter why she wants it. That's the whole point.

2) No, I won't point out reiteration going forward. Because the key point of my second paragraph wasn't reiteration...it was the fact that, once she got called out, she quickly backpedaled and changed her tune to parroting helpful stuff other people had said. 
    1. Fine.  But considering has likely already rejected the ones that are similar in search of the exact one, which she's not going to find, I don't think it's a big deal to make the Op think about why she wants it and if she really needs the identical shade. 

2. I didn't read it as backpedaling, but whatever.