Nevada-Las Vegas

Restaurant for Vegas Dinner Reception?

I am planning a Spring 2018 wedding and am seeking restaurant recommendations for a Sunday evening dinner reception for 14 adults (including bride/groom). The ceremony will take place at the Valley of Fire (north of Las Vegas) and we'll be staying at the Vdara. We are open to locations anywhere in between the ceremony/hotel and throughout the Strip. 

I don't want to do Maggiano's, but am interested in Mon Ami Gabi. I'd like recommendations for other places priced around the same as Mon Ami Gabi ($65/plate, before alcohol). 

I'd also appreciate any advice on how to navigate drinks. Only 11 people (of the 14) will be drinking, at an approximate rate of 3-4 drinks per person over 3 hours. What is the best strategy: open bar or pay per drink? 

Thanks, in advance! 

Re: Restaurant for Vegas Dinner Reception?

• Since it sounds like most of your guests will be drinking, you'll have to do the math with each venue to figure out which option is more cost effective.

You should assume call brand drinks will probably be in the $10+ range at most venues.  If 11 drinkers and 3-4 pp, then your bill should be in the $330 to $440 range before tax and service of roughly 31% (20% service + 10.1% sales tax), but potentially more depending on base call-brand drink price.

If counting all 14 adults, like venues do for open bar, then you need your price per person for three hours of open bar to be at or below $23 to $31 before tax and service to make that the better option.  Those numbers seem fairly low for three hours of open bar, so it may be better to do per-drink in your case, but see what you get quoted at each venue.

Married in Vegas - June 2011