Wedding Woes

Woo boy.

White House sees the Flynn charge as "a win," source says

From CNN’s Sara Murray and Joe Johns

One person familiar with the mood in the West Wing insists top White House officials are actually breathing a sigh of relief today.

“People in the building are very happy,” the source said. “This doesn’t lead back to Trump in any way, shape or form.”

The source noted that Flynn is being charged for making false statements, but not for any improper actions during the campaign.

“This is a further indication that there’s nothing there,” the source said. “This is a win for the White House.”

A source with knowledge of the legal team’s thinking tells CNN the Flynn plea “is not going to be a problem” for the President, though it could be a problem for people who worked with Flynn.

The source said legal exposure for others would depend on what they may have said to the Special Counsel.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Update 12/1, 11:21 am:
 ABC News is reporting that Flynn will offer “full cooperation to the Mueller team” and will offer testimony that Donald Trump “directed him to make contact with the Russians.”

Ohhhh fuuuucccckkkk.

Re: Woo boy.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2017
    The markets are all tanking on the news that Flynn will testify against Trump and the Senate has enough votes to pass their shitty tax plan. (I did the rough calculations last night on what the proposed tax bill would do to us...and then I made another drink (or 5)). 

So we're still all on the fast train to hell in this country.  
  • edited December 2017
    mrsconn23 said:
    The markets are all tanking on the news that Flynn will testify against Trump and the Senate has enough votes to pass their shitty tax plan. (I did the rough calculations last night on what the proposed tax bill would do to us...and then I made another drink (or 5)). 

There was a post circulating in a local community group about what the new tax plan would mean to small businesses like my H's. I got nauseous. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

There was a post circulating in a local community group about what the new tax plan would mean to small businesses like my H's. I got nauseous. 
    BUT they're ALL about bootstraps and the 'American Dream'!  Your H and his small business is the 'little guy' they're all 'worried' about!  Uggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! 

2017: The dawn of the "American Nightmare'.  Fuuuucccckkkk. 
  • Since the White House has no substance, all they can do is try to spin things their way. Of course they're going to try to spin Flynn's charges favorably. They have no other cards to play at this point. And it's some anonymous "source" - no official/no one with clout. It's tabloid gossip at best. No better than "someone close to Kim Kardashian says...." *eyeroll* I'm actually a little disappointed in CNN for running that.

And yes, fuck this tax plan. It's almost like Republicans are trying to see just how much they can fuck their constituents and still maintain jobs. Like "let's test the limits on how stupid people really are...." 
    *********************************************************************************

• Since the White House has no substance, all they can do is try to spin things their way. Of course they're going to try to spin Flynn's charges favorably. They have no other cards to play at this point. And it's some anonymous "source" - no official/no one with clout. It's tabloid gossip at best. No better than "someone close to Kim Kardashian says...." *eyeroll* I'm actually a little disappointed in CNN for running that.

100% agree.  CNN's almost gone so hard on Trump that they are falling victim to listening to anyone who flap their jaws and treating them like they know something.  It's Fox Newisan.  I read CNN and look to another news source to verify that didn't get it from CNN. 

In this instance, I found the juxtaposition too funny. 
  • Today, Trump tweeted and I was like, well for him it's not a bad tweet but it's being spun as Trump knew Flynn lied all alone. I didn't think about that angle. 

And the tax plan, oh the tax plan it's not bad enough that that generation went to college on minimum wage salaries then changed the way schools are funded to ensure the following generations are crippled in debt.  Nope, now they had to tack 1.5 trillion to the deficit in permanent, non expiring corporate tax cuts on top of it.   They should all start passing laws to make nursing homes safe and habitable because that's what all of their kids and grandkids should give back to them as gratitude.