Wedding Woes

laser hair removal - for men

so as not to be accused of sexism, what are your opinions on manscaping?

even if you're not sexually attracted to the men in question, do you have a preference? (e.g. if you identify as lesbian or asexual, please feel free to chime in)

is facial hair a yes/no, or very much dependent on the man in question and the style of the facial hair.

body hair - yes to removal or do you prefer him to be wooly?

what does your S/O think if you are dating or married to a man? are there preferred methods?

(in part, this is a test to see if the knot gods are paying attention)

Re: laser hair removal - for men

•  personal preference - I like DK to be clean shaven (face). I've never seen him with more than a few days worth of growth, but don't feel like a beard would work well on him. If he decided to grow it out, that would be fine (it's his face) - but in that case I would prefer that he kept it groomed, but not look like a hipster (e.g. curled moustache)  or a mountain man (e.g. Brent Burns - see pic ^^^ if not familiar):
    in general, I would prefer my s/o to (trim short or close shave/wax - his preference) in the crotch area vs. having a full bush, but I think that's just more a hygiene thing, and a preference not to be coughing up hairballs during/post sex. ;-D

body hair isn't a big deal for me - I dated a guy who liked to shave his chest - which I wasn't a big fan, but it's more so because of chest stubble chafing than aesthetics.
  • Well first - they aren't paying attention!

I never thought I would like someone with facial hair.  However H has had a mustache/beard since he could grow one.  He tells me that he only grew it because he could and before most of the other boys at school!  He just stuck with it.

I guess I always thought it would be scratchy to kiss someone with a mustache/beard, but its not!  It's just who H is now.  BIL asked H if he was going to shave it all off for our wedding, so he would be clean shaven.  I yelled "Absolutely not!  I wouldn't recognize the groom without it!"

As for body hair, he doesn't have a crazy amount, so he doesn't do anything to it.  I do shave the back of his neck and shoulders when he cuts his hair.   But if he kept longer hair, I probably wouldn't even do that TBH.

• edited December 2017
    I'm not a typical fan of facial hair, but with M I prefer some scruff. Mainly because - IMHO - he looks 12 without facial hair and I feel weird.
    That being said, I asked M to completely shave 2 weeks before the wedding so he'd have some scruff but it was manageable.

Mostly, it depends on the person. It seems the older I get, the more I don't mind facial hair on men.

edit (because I forgot to add)
    Body hair wise ... I'm not for or against. I've been with more guys with low amount/no body hair so that might be my preference? Friend of ours has a fair amount of chest hair - not thick, just a lot - and like I said, it might weird me out if I was with someone like that just because I'm not use to it.

Side note; I do enjoy a guy who takes effort into grooming/self care hair/facial hair wise.
  • Fun fact - M does not grow much on his cheeks, just his chin. It's very curly and I make dirty jokes about it often.
  • When we met, H used to shave his chest. It was always prickly and not conducive to cuddling. I think I would be turned off by like....fur. But a little dusting is kind of manly and sexy. 

Neck hair in the back and chin/neck hair in the front is what I find really gross. I mean, get a haircut. Maintain your face. I equate this to a woman not brushing her hair like Nicky Nichols on OITNB. Basic maintenance.
    *********************************************************************************

• Oh and in terms of face shaving versus not, either shave or hygienically maintain a soft beard, but pick a side. None of this constant 5 o'clock shadow garbage. It's prickly. If I wanted to rub my mouth and nethers with a brillo pad, I would. There's a reason the word caress and not "exfoliate" is generally used to describe sexcapades. 
    Something that came to mind.
    My dad's facial hair would grow at funny rates. So often, he'd have prickly times.
    I remember him being a jerk - knowing I hated the feel - and just grabbing my face, rubbing his prickly cheek against mine. Lol!
  • For me, facial hair depends on the man.  But, in general, I don't like it.  When I like facial hair, it is usually just a goatee I like.  I definitely don't like a big, full beard with a mustache on anyone.

@southernbelle0915 is RIGHT ON with guys that have the perpetual 5 o'clock shadow look.  Why?  Just why?  It's neither.  You look like a slob.  Just stop.

This is how bad my dislike of that look is.  I couldn't even watch the first few seasons of Property Brothers because they BOTH had that stupid stubble look.  I just wanted to reach my hand...holding a razor...through my tv screen and shave their faces. 

I like hair on a man's chest.  To me, it's sexy and masculine.  For the rest of a man's body, I don't really care either way.  Though I'm sure there is a potential for too much.  But it would have to be pretty extreme.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have a preference, but DH isn't allowed to grow facial hair, due to work regulations.  I made him grow me a beard on one vacation when we were gone for 3 weeks.  Got lots of photos, cos I don't think I'll see that again.  I liked it, but he's got a lot more grey in there than he does on his head.  

I don't mind nicely kept chest hair.  No hair makes me feel like they're 12 years old.  But I can't stand full on grizzly bears.  That would need to be cleaned up

• DH has a nice patch of hair on his chest that I really like when we're cuddling... He can't really grow much facial hair, which is fine by me (never been a big fan, tbh).  When he hasn't shaved in a bit, I call him fuzzy face, to which he replies, "a big disgrace" (a la "We will rock you").  

The only time I liked facial hair on a guy I was dating waa with my first boyfriend.  He was really good down there and his goatee felt really good. 

(is that gonna get me in trouble)?
  • From top to bottom (lol)

Top of head -  short, not more than 1.5 inches long. I also have seen some men rock the bald look. I hate, hate, hate long hair on men (sorry!) especially that awful shaggy look. And I really hate the current trend (see every bachelor on last season's The Bachelorette) of short on the sides and long on top all pooled up and swept around and styled. (I feel like Trump was the original like this, but now it's changed, lol)

Brows - please no unibrow. My H has one and I keep threatening to pluck it while he's sleeping. 

Face - I prefer the clean shaven feel but I like the look of both clean and a short beard and mustache. H has a short one and it's annoyingly prickly when we're making out. If guys are going to have a beard or a long one, NEAT. Trim it, for Pete's sake. And none of that permanent scruffy 5 o'clock shadow look. (Once again, see most of the guys on The Bachelorette.)

Chest - I like a little hair but not a lot. I also don't think I'd mind a clean chest, but I have no experience with that. 

Elsewhere, whatever. 

Yes, I have opinions. 

• Hubs is like a grizzly-light; you get used to it. 

But I hate men's armpit hair. Especially when you're swimming or something and they they come up for a hug or something. No way. 

But I hate men's armpit hair. Especially when you're swimming or something and they they come up for a hug or something. No way. 
    I may have snorted reading that :') 

This is H, too!
  • My dad has the full mustache/beard, and he has since we were kids so I can't date anyone with facial hair. My H struggles to grow a beard sometimes (aka he gets lazy) and I hate it. But his facial hair also comes in this weird red/blonde color so it looks patchy and stupid. 

Seconding the armpit hair @kimmiinthemitten. I don't think I'd want H to shave it (weird?) but it's also super gross to touch.
  • My dad has the full mustache/beard, and he has since we were kids so I can't date anyone with facial hair. My H struggles to grow a beard sometimes (aka he gets lazy) and I hate it. But his facial hair also comes in this weird red/blonde color so it looks patchy and stupid. 

Seconding the armpit hair @kimmiinthemitten. I don't think I'd want H to shave it (weird?) but it's also super gross to touch.
    Nope, I'd take him shaving his pits over his back any summer day.  

Nope, I'd take him shaving his pits over his back any summer day.  
    Only care I wish M would do, is beard trimming. Idc if he keeps it. Just maintain it dude!

Actually we had a convo about body hair awhile ago. I said "hey I keep things kempt! It'd be great if you did too"
    His argument {horribly valid} "Then stop. If I don't, you don't." But he knows my pet peeves is feeling my own stubble lmao
  • DH has a beard which was new when Chiquito was born.   He was clean shaven for decades and now I'm very pro-beard. 

He generally keeps his facial hair trim.   I've spotted him with tweezers at his eyebrows. 
  • edited December 2017
    Anyone remember this classic? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PnpwIDEdAw RIP, Philip Seymour Hoffman