Wedding Reception Forum

Custom Plastic Ware

We are doing a barn wedding and having a bartender but we'll be supplying the beer and wine. Therefore we've decided to do plastic cups for beer and tumblers for wine. We'd like to custom ones however with our names, date, so on.. has anyone done this and know good places to do this?

Re: Custom Plastic Ware

• We are doing a barn wedding and having a bartender but we'll be supplying the beer and wine. Therefore we've decided to do plastic cups for beer and tumblers for wine. We'd like to custom ones however with our names, date, so on.. has anyone done this and know good places to do this?
    Are you guys super set on this? If I were a guest I may side-eye the amount of money that took for something that is just going into the trash (I do the same thing for custom napkins). I wonder if that extra money can't go to something that benefits the guests directly?

Otherwise, discountmugs.com and other promotional products websites offer customized throwaway cups.
  • Are these cups that you're thinking guests will take home with them? I personally wouldn't spend the money, unless they're something you've had your heart set on for a long time. Most people don't really have a use for those plastic souvenir cups at home. I keep them for a while, but they usually make their way to the garage and then end up getting thrown away.

Could you put that money toward something that might improve your guests' experience? Add another app, step up the beer & wine, etc.
  • Like the rest of the ladies said before me, I'm not sure I'd spend your money on that. Especially if y'all are trying to be budget conscious. But hey- if you can find a good deal then go for it. Otherwise, like ahoywedding said, you should put the money towards something more memorable. What if you added something personalized to your goodie/gift bags? 
  • If you've got the budget to do this and you really want to, go for it. But for disposable plasticwear, it seems like sort of a waste. If you customize anything, I'd do custom napkins. They'd fit better into a keepsake album anyway. 

Maybe take the saved money and buy a recycling bin and a service to haul away the plastic?
    *********************************************************************************

• Are you talking about this: See the source image

or this?
    See the source image

In the former case, I say it's a total waste of money. No one cares, and all of them will be thrown away after. If you're going to upgrade something that will be disposed of, upgrade the food/drink itself.

In the latter case, some people do keep and use these. My H and his family would be an example. However, a) we already have more than we need, and b) not everyone is interested in them, so it's only slightly less wasteful.