Wedding Woes

It's snowing!

I'm WFH watching the snow, I have a holiday party tonight I'm excited about, tomorrow is pay day and Husband has decided to run for the State seat!

Meanwhile, my dog is laying in my bed while I work from the sofa and that just seems so unfair!

Bring on Prudie!

Re: It's snowing!

• My dog is currently napping on her bed in the family room - they just have the best life, don't they! 

Your holiday party sounds like fun! 

We are supposed to get snow - or snain (snow/rain mix) this weekend. I am so not ready for it yet. I realize it's December and I live in New England, but I really can't deal with snow until after December 15 lol. Today I am WFH because Babypants has her 4-month checkup. H is coming with me - we have a bunch of questions for the doc so I am looking forward to the appointment!

Other than that, SSDD. 
  • I know.  Who else woke up to snow?  Why didn't I get any warning?  Yay @Kimmiinthemitten, good luck to your hubby!  I usually WFH in my bed, so I have no pitty for you. LOL.

I saw a post from a comedian (Whitney Cummings) on FB who tried the new Hanacure mask.  I never heard of it, so I googled and read reviews on it. The reviews are amazing.   Do I want this? and why?

• So glad your H is running @kimmiinthemitten! Sounds like he could do some really good work for the state. 

It's also snowing here.

Not much here today. Meetings most of the day. H leaves again for camp. I'm really ready for all his hunting season traveling to be over. He loves it, but it's exhausting this time around since we're in an apartment and the dog can't just run around in a fenced in back yard. Still super bummed about the house. Really ready for the weekend. 

Hoping all our Southern California Knotties are safe! @levioosa are you near there? 
  • @charlotte989875 the videos are heartbreaking.  I just saw one of a man that pulled over to rescue a rabbit.  He's trying to lure the rabbit to him and away from the fire and you can just feel his anxiety.
  • @charlotte989875 the videos are heartbreaking.  I just saw one of a man that pulled over to rescue a rabbit.  He's trying to lure the rabbit to him and away from the fire and you can just feel his anxiety.
    It's horrible. My aunt and uncle live in Santa Clarita, which is near the Placerita fire and between the Rye and Creek Fires. They checked in yesterday to say they were fine, but those wind gusts are crazy. Really hoping they can get control soon. 
  • We had a few flurries on the back deck, I'm not ready for snow!

I'm working from home today and plowing through Hallmark Christmas movies as background noise. i think I've gotten to the point of watching too many of them because even I'm annoyed by the cheesiness and impractical parts.
  • It's snowing here too!!  Well, it's flurry-ing.  ;) 

I got my Taylor Swift tickets yesterday.  DH is so happy.   My friend is doing her pre-sale today and I hope she can get close to our section.  

I'm watching the fall town hall right now.  Work is super slow, so the next couple weeks are going to be so painful.  :/ 

• We got the Christmas tree decorated last night after DD went to bed.  She will be amazed by it this evening when it will be lit.  LOL!  There is one ornament low enough for her to play with and its baby safe.  So we will see if she goes for it!

Tonight is our Holiday party for work.  It's at a local country club and is usually a pretty good time.  I don't stay as late anymore, but I'm always happy to eat the food and drink the booze!

• I was wrong, the pup wasn't sleeping in my bed.  She was eating my comforter.  I guess it's time to shower and run to Ikea.
  • I was wrong, the pup wasn't sleeping in my bed.  She was eating my comforter.  I guess it's time to shower and run to Ikea.
    Nom nom nom
  • @kimmiinthemitten, that is so exciting your H is running for the State seat!  Wow!  Good luck to him.

Not in NOLA, but it is predicted there will be snow flurries tomorrow morning about 30 minutes north of us.  Does that count, lol?  In my immediate area, we're dropping from lows in the 60s last week to lows in the 30s (but not below freezing).  Apparently winter has arrived!

This morning, my H was laughing that he had to pry our dog out of bed with a crowbar.  I'm sure the temps dropping was part of that. 

For once, I'm having a hard time believing it is already Thursday.  Feels like Wednesday, still.  But it's great, because I keep being pleasantly surprised when I remember it really is Thursday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Go MrMittens!! Woooowhooo! 

Tonight is a going away party for one of our friends. It will be sad but he did not enjoy living here so it is better for him to leave.

We picked up the keys to our new place (again) and I am embarrassed to admit that I was using the door key in the gate and the gate key in the door. My bad. The company cleaned it and it is sooo much better. I measured the windows for curtains and the yard for landscaping.

One of the ladies in my coffee group announced that she is pregnant and we are so excited for her. They have been trying for a very long time.

tomorrow is Company Fun Day. Someone signed DH up for an obstacle course. It’s a 3k and described as being for those “in peak physical condition”, lol. Hope he doesn’t die.
  • It sounds like a really good kickoff to the weekend @kimmiinthemitten! (Minus the comforter...but you're getting a new one! There something just so great about new bedding.) And yay for Mr. Mittens! Do big things!

@MissKittyDanger - I've gained about 11lbs so far this pregnancy and I definitely feel it. Blah! idk why but it feels like my body is constantly saying "eat that cheesy gordita crunch and let me promptly place it on your muffin top." Who else is pregnant up in here? I know there's someone else...

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. Most obviously, it's Friday. But it's also the day DH gets home from being OOT for work. Yay! AND I'm WFH tomorrow. 

Do y'all send Christmas cards? It seems like everyone does the picture ones these days, but I've been off my picture game this year and I look fat/gross/tired in every family photo we have. I don't wannaaaaaa, but DH really wants to. Ugh.
    *********************************************************************************

• edited December 2017
    Oh and @kimmiinthemitten I'm so excited for you and your H! Mr Mittens is going to do big things!

ETA: I just realized I did actually say this in my last post. I promise I can read, but I cannot promise that my brain scan doesn't look like the one from the "walkers" on the Walking Dead.
    *********************************************************************************

• @southernbelle0915 There are things I could eat daily, but every so often - like Monday - it's just super specific. Like "you need waffles. Eggos aren't good enough. Waffle iron made. With strawberries and whipped cream. You need it now." I'm also hungry every 2 hrs, but that's sufficed with apple sauce or a small bar.
    How far along are you again? I know you're further

I'm pretty sure someone else is .... but idk who either lmao!
  • @MissKittyDanger I'm about 24 weeks.

• @MissKittyDanger I'm about 24 weeks.
    Yeh I'm 14 weeks as of tomorrow :) 11lbs is good gain so far!
  • It sounds like a really good kickoff to the weekend @kimmiinthemitten! (Minus the comforter...but you're getting a new one! There something just so great about new bedding.) And yay for Mr. Mittens! Do big things!

@MissKittyDanger - I've gained about 11lbs so far this pregnancy and I definitely feel it. Blah! idk why but it feels like my body is constantly saying "eat that cheesy gordita crunch and let me promptly place it on your muffin top." Who else is pregnant up in here? I know there's someone else...

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. Most obviously, it's Friday. But it's also the day DH gets home from being OOT for work. Yay! AND I'm WFH tomorrow. 

Do y'all send Christmas cards? It seems like everyone does the picture ones these days, but I've been off my picture game this year and I look fat/gross/tired in every family photo we have. I don't wannaaaaaa, but DH really wants to. Ugh.
    I'm at 36 wks. Really, I'm actually feeling good about the weight gain because it's less than last time. I'm already up 32 lbs, but last time it was 45.

To another question, we're going to send Christmas cards, but I'm just going to handwrite little notes in a normal Christmas card, not make a point of getting pictures or doing a picture one.
  • No to the Christmas cards. I think I did it one year in my lifetime, because i saw some pretty ones, but yeah I'd rather give out Halloween cards!

• Picture cards are the greatest thing ever, i load it up with pix of baby B, print a standard message on the back and out the door they go. No longer having to write an actual note inside the card saved soooo much time now. 
  • edited December 2017
    @southernbelle0915 Thanks, we'll take the wishes twice!  It's going to be a scary but exciting ride for the next 11 months!

ETA - Thanks to everyone else too!  I'm really proud of him, proud to have married someone who was recruited to take on such a job and proud that he's willing to take such a risk and walk away from a job he loves in hopes of changing the profession for the better.

We're trying to do a photo card.  We just need someone to take the photo and something to semi-tranquilize the pup so she sits with us.
  • @flantastic HI! I knew there was another person! :)
  • @sparklepants41 I cannot speak for others, but I personally take my applesauce very seriously. {okay .... all food right now tbh} lol
  • @sparklepants41 I cannot speak for others, but I personally take my applesauce very seriously. {okay .... all food right now tbh} lol
    dude, we had our holiday party at a steakhouse and I ordered the porkchop.  the  tiny tin of applesauce they had with it was the world to me.  It was spiced so perfectly. I liked it better than the $40 porkchop. If we go there again (which we probably wont) I'm going to special request the applesauce with whatever dish I have.  Up till Friday I only thought of applesauce as motts. 

I'm at 36 wks. Really, I'm actually feeling good about the weight gain because it's less than last time. I'm already up 32 lbs, but last time it was 45.

To another question, we're going to send Christmas cards, but I'm just going to handwrite little notes in a normal Christmas card, not make a point of getting pictures or doing a picture one.

Also, @ILoveBeachMusic's daughter is pregnant with twins.  I think the daughter is within a week or two of @MissKittyDanger.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @flantastic - YES! Man, you are coming down the home stretch! Did you find out if you're having a boy or a girl? Any names yet? 

• @flantastic - YES! Man, you are coming down the home stretch! Did you find out if you're having a boy or a girl? Any names yet? 
    My doctor said this morning at my appointment that "We'd like it to be at least a couple more weeks, but if you go into labor at this point, we won't stop you." Which is crazy. (I have zero reason to expect this child to be any amount of early, though.)

Nope, we don't know. DD's convinced it's a girl, and she was so adamant she had us almost convinced too, but DH and I are swinging the other way now. We kind of do two names per sex - leaning towards one, but just in case he/she doesn't really seem to match that, there's a backup.

I think DH is good with our names as of recently (he was previously meh) when we revisited the middle name on our frontrunner for a boy; he liked the other middle name candidate, but he likes this one more because he wants there to be some kind of family connection.