Attire & Accessories Forum

Veil Advice

I always imagined wearing a veil with my wedding dress, and when I put a veil on when trying on the dresses, I definitely felt that "bridal" feeling (cheesy, I know). My problem is my dress isn't super bridal (IMO at least) so I'm afraid that it will look silly?  So, I guess I'm just looking for opinions on if a veil will look out of place, and if not, any ideas what type of veil would look best. The veil I tried on at the salon was fairly simple, fingertip length, and included a blusher.

Re: Veil Advice

• Did you like the one you tried on at the salon? I think the best idea is to try on different styles until you find one you like. With that dress I think a simple veil would be best so that the dress makes the statement.
  • Did you like the one you tried on at the salon? I think the best idea is to try on different styles until you find one you like. With that dress I think a simple veil would be best so that the dress makes the statement.
    I did - it wasn't anything too memorable, but it was nice overall.  I was hoping to order something online since that store is about an hour away from home and taking a toddler to a bridal boutique sounds like torture, but I'm beginning to think that's the only real way to do it.
  • Simple veil, and might I suggest nothing too long?

Veil wasn't my thing, but I tried one on with my dress and the lady used a short one stating "for light tops like strapless or thin sleeves, or short dresses - the shorter veil tends to work best"

Lovely dress though
  • Simple veil, and might I suggest nothing too long?

Veil wasn't my thing, but I tried one on with my dress and the lady used a short one stating "for light tops like strapless or thin sleeves, or short dresses - the shorter veil tends to work best"

Lovely dress though
    How short is short? I typically think that above the shoulder looks odd...
  • I don't agree with short always looking better. DD had a sleeveless illusion neckline fit and flare dress. She wore a cathedral length veil. It was gorgeous. I do agree that simple because of all that is going on with the dress - you want the dress to be the star.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2017
    DH was fine before daughter's wedding when she was dressed in her gown, but when she appeared with the veil, he cried.  He said it was something about that veil that set him off.  It was a simple, chapel length veil.
    There used to be rules about veil length - time of day, formality, etc.  Not any more.  Find one you like.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Damn lady, your dress is hot!

I can't quite tell what the appliqué on your dress is, but if you could have a veil with that stitched along the bottom it would be amazing. Any chance you're super short and need like a foot taken off the bottom of your dress? Haha

Otherwise I would suggest maybe something with scalloped bottom? It would pick up the pattern of the appliqués a bit.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/55772441/2-tier-scalloped-edge-wedding-veil?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=scalloped veil&ref=sr_gallery_1
  • Wear a simple veil. Now for length I think anything but a bird cage. 

• I can't stand Kim K, but this type of veil/headband situation would look good with the gown IMO.

Image result for veil under hair

The style where it's tucked up under the hair can also be pretty discreet but bridal:
    Image result for veil under hair

Depending on your style, the kind that wraps around your head ("juliet cap"?) could be really cool:
    Image result for juliet cap veil

Image result for juliet cap veil