Registry and Gift Forum

Universal Registries

*I am aware there are older threads about Zola, Blueprint and other services. I want updated (2017-2018) info as sites have been modified, and trends are changing.*

Has anyone recently used a universal registry? How did it work/not work for you? What are the pros and cons for the site you chose? Why did you choose universal? What types of people are your guests? How many guests do you have?

I currently have a Blueprint registry for physical gifts only (I'm not interested in cash registry features). I chose Blueprint because I want items from 4+ stores. I have a mix of brick and mortar stores, online retailers like Amazon, and combo stores like Target. I liked the ability to organize by room, easily do group gifts (like our Roomba, I can split the $700 price by 5 people so it's a more reasonable gift), and the Paypal option so there aren't any fees. I have a mix of tech-savvy younger and middle aged guests with a sizable amount of older-fashioned folks. Guest list is about 175. I went with universal because it allows me to keep track of who bought what (for thank-yous) and it covers all my guest demographics.

Re: Universal Registries

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2017
    From my understanding, the only drawback is that if you have guest who buys a gift from your registry directly from one of the brick and mortar stores (even online), this doesn't get updated on your universal registry- they have to go in through the universal registry link.

However, most places are good about doing returns, so if you ended up with a duplicate, not the end of the world.

Online registries are a know your crowd thing. I think those who are not tech savy and have never used one, won't. For those, it is nice when you can walk into a store and get them to print the couple's registry then look through the store and buy what they would like to. But those who regularly online shop will be more likely to use it and not have issues navigating the universal registry.

I do see why couples like the universal registry. We ended up with a single store registry but it was hard at first to pick one because some stores have X,Y,Z that are great but not so much of A,B,C or vice versa. Some stores did not offer good shipping options.

• Oh!! I see this has been inactive for a bit but I'm also on a search for a universal registry! Can we bring the thread back for OP & me?? So far I know about Amazon, MyRegistry.com, Blueprint, Zola. Haven't played around with any of them yet though. Totes here for pros & cons of the various sites if y'all wanna throw them this way  :)

• Oh!! I see this has been inactive for a bit but I'm also on a search for a universal registry! Can we bring the thread back for OP & me?? So far I know about Amazon, MyRegistry.com, Blueprint, Zola. Haven't played around with any of them yet though. Totes here for pros & cons of the various sites if y'all wanna throw them this way  :)

The best thing to do is to start your own thread, it'll get better results than bumping an old thread.