Wedding Party

Where to find Groomswomen Tuxes!

Hi! My fiance and I are getting married next summer and both of us have large bridal parties. His side even includes two of his close female friends.
We think (and the girls agree) that it would look so cool if they were in tuxes with the rest of the groomsmen.
I had already found a service that does female tux rental (Stitch and Tie) but they only have a black tux available for women and my fiance has decided to be difficult and pick a navy blue tux.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Would it be possible for them to wear a men's suit and for it to be still cute? Neither are particularly curvy. I have no experience in this area.

Re: Where to find Groomswomen Tuxes!

• Depending on price, if they want to wear a man's tux I would have them look at prices for alterations BEFORE purchasing anything. It might change their thoughts.
  • Hi! My fiance and I are getting married next summer and both of us have large bridal parties. His side even includes two of his close female friends.
    We think (and the girls agree) that it would look so cool if they were in tuxes with the rest of the groomsmen.
    I had already found a service that does female tux rental (Stitch and Tie) but they only have a black tux available for women and my fiance has decided to be difficult and pick a navy blue tux.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Would it be possible for them to wear a men's suit and for it to be still cute? Neither are particularly curvy. I have no experience in this area.
    If they're actually okay with this, then try Express. SO just bought a navy tux and had to return it because the jacket was "extra slim" and the jacket seriously looked like it was closer to a 30 over a 36. Express has a lot of "extra slim" fits for men that might translate to women well with some alteration. That's for purchase though, obviously. They are having their 40-50% off sales right now, but it would still be pricey. 

• First, you need their budgets. Then you can find a place that matches it. Your FI may need to change his vision of a navy blue tux in order to accommodate his friends. 

Also, and for what it's worth, this is your FI's problem to solve - not yours. You can help him out, but you don't need to "own" this. 
    *********************************************************************************

• edited December 2017
    Your fi should call the shop where the men are renting their navy blue tuxes to ask if it's possible to fit women in the same tuxes as the men. They may be able to help him or he may come to the conclusion that black tuxes with navy accessories will work best for all. Your fi should take care of his own wedding party. 

• I will say you will have a much harder time renting a navy blue suite than another color, H wanted navy for his GMs and there was only one option at the time for them (which we liked so it was fine). H might have to change his vision to accommodate his friends. I echo PPs in making sure whatever you get fits their budget (privately asked) first. 

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/lauren-ralph-lauren-solid-ultraflex-classic-fit-suit-separates?ID=627350&CategoryID=88847#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D83%26ruleId%3D84%26slotId%3D1 (unisex so might not work for their bodies)

Everything else I found (at a cursory glance) was $300+
  • First - BUDGET!!!  It may make the most sense to purchase a women's navy suit that coordinates.  My recommendation is JC Penny because dollar for dollar, it'll be cheaper than the rental and you can purchase by the piece.  Ultimately, price it out for the group.  The other thing with JCP is purchasing would be cheaper than renting if you choose wisely for both Men and Women and the quality is there. 

The jacket isn't as big of a challenge as the pants when it comes to the rental sizing for the women if you choose to go that route.  But really, price it out because some rentals are more expensive than just purchasing.