Wedding Woes
Options

TGI Get me out of this week!

2»

Re: TGI Get me out of this week!

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    speaking of TV shows, it was announced today that the premiere of Roseanne is March 27th.  Who has two thumbs and a DVR set for March 27th? This girl.
    I was always meh about Roseanne.  I watched it from time-to-time, but never went out of my way to watch either.    The last season was just... bad.  

Although most final seasons are bad.   Heck the shows that come back seem to ignore the "final" season even existed.   Looking at you Will and Grace.
    Same with Gilmore Girls.
  • Options
    oh yeah season 9 sucked.  BUUUUT they talk about the "same couch" and "same cast" and all that in advertising so I'm wondering if they will toss S9 altogether? That can be done for sure, given what S9 really was.

I love GG so I may try that show @Lyndausvi!

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    speaking of TV shows, it was announced today that the premiere of Roseanne is March 27th.  Who has two thumbs and a DVR set for March 27th? This girl.
    I was always meh about Roseanne.  I watched it from time-to-time, but never went out of my way to watch either.    The last season was just... bad.  

Although most final seasons are bad.   Heck the shows that come back seem to ignore the "final" season even existed.   Looking at you Will and Grace.
    Same with Gilmore Girls.
    I guess they were taking cues from Dallas who claimed an entire season was just a dream?      Or when Family Matters and Happy Days just got rid of a kid in the middle of the series.  

Yes, I'm dating myself.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    oh yeah season 9 sucked.  BUUUUT they talk about the "same couch" and "same cast" and all that in advertising so I'm wondering if they will toss S9 altogether? That can be done for sure, given what S9 really was.

I really enjoyed the show and Alex Borstien and Rachel Brosnhan are great.  Actually Marin Hinkle (the mom) and Tony Shalhoub (dad) are good also.

I'm not a fan the actor playing Joel though.  Trying to figure out if it's just his character or just him as an actor.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I really enjoyed the show and Alex Borstien and Rachel Brosnhan are great.  Actually Marin Hinkle (the mom) and Tony Shalhoub (dad) are good also.

I'm not a fan the actor playing Joel though.  Trying to figure out if it's just his character or just him as an actor.
    Same. His parents are hilarious, too. The casting is really good. I'm going to finish up the season this weekend. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

Same. His parents are hilarious, too. The casting is really good. I'm going to finish up the season this weekend. 
    Yes, his parents are funny.  Can you imagine having Shirley as your MIL?  She would drive me crazy.  Hiding food?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:

Yes, his parents are funny.  Can you imagine having Shirley as your MIL?  She would drive me crazy.  Hiding food?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
    The chicken soup in the freezer was my favorite. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2017
    Anyone ever have Joella's hot chicken? The restaurant opened near my work but this is my first time having it. Their garlic parmesan fries OMG. Heart attack on a plate but yummmmy

edit: ok right after I posted I tried to plow through the rest (the portion you get with a meal is enough for 2 people but I know they won't re-heat). I now feel ill. The bottom of the pack was caked in the garlic oil and parmesan cheese and I feel sick now. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

Same with Gilmore Girls.
    Original or revival of GG?
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Happy Friday.      I'm going hiking soon.   Then taking it easy tonight while DH works.    

n the forecast.  They are trying to make snow, so I guess we will see.  

Has anyone seen the Amazon Prime show The Marvelous Ms Masiel?     I really liked it and of course, now I have to wait for the next season.  Who knows when they will come out.  

I'm about four episodes in and I love it! One small annoyance, like why does Amy Sherman Palladino have to open with a fat joke about women? Maybe I read too much criticism of her Gilmore Girls revival, but c'mon. Other than that I love it. And so many GG characters is great. Alex Borstein is amazing. 
    Apparently the ending to the GG revival was suppose to be ending to original series and they never planned on doing the revival. BUTTTT Amy & spouse were taken off the writing and it never got done
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Happy Friday.      I'm going hiking soon.   Then taking it easy tonight while DH works.    

Has anyone seen the Amazon Prime show The Marvelous Ms Masiel?     I really liked it and of course, now I have to wait for the next season.  Who knows when they will come out.  

I'm about four episodes in and I love it! One small annoyance, like why does Amy Sherman Palladino have to open with a fat joke about women? Maybe I read too much criticism of her Gilmore Girls revival, but c'mon. Other than that I love it. And so many GG characters is great. Alex Borstein is amazing. 
    Apparently the ending to the GG revival was suppose to be ending to original series and they never planned on doing the revival. BUTTTT Amy & spouse were taken off the writing and it never got done
    ASP and her husband left GG after the sixth season and they weren't involved with the last season (probably why it sucked), but the revival basically doesn't acknowledge anything that happened in Season 7. Like the whole Rory sleeping with Logan again and no mention at all of her turning down his proposal (which she did in Season 7). 

I like a lot of the revival, but there was a lot of fat shaming in the Summer episode, and the Marvelous Mrs Maisel opens with a similar thing. 

I love ASP's work and I think GG and MMM are brilliant (and seriously Bunheads should have been extended), but for a showrunner who has such great female leads, what's with fat jokes about women. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

ASP and her husband left GG after the sixth season and they weren't involved with the last season (probably why it sucked), but the revival basically doesn't acknowledge anything that happened in Season 7. Like the whole Rory sleeping with Logan again and no mention at all of her turning down his proposal (which she did in Season 7).  
    Probably because ASP didn't like it :')

I read an interview recently, and apparently Rory was suppose to get pregnant with Logan's baby, but be more with Jess.
    Kind of mirroring Lorelai and Christopher and Luke
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @MissKittyDanger Drag king is a male illusion art.  Draq queen is female illusion art.

Gender queer/fuck is where bearded drag queen and this lovely vision will sit:

Where they're playing more with what is gender, how is it expressed, what can be messed about. 

Is this photo your SO?

• Options

Busy last few days.  I was able to lurk a bit at least!

Busy weekend ahead too.  Tonight we need to move out the old fridge and clean/prep the space for the new one.  Then tomorrow, I will have yoga, new fridge is getting delivered, and church.  Sunday we are having H family come over for these steaks that MIL has been talking about eating since BILs birthday.  At least she can't complain about them anymore!  The Eagles play at 1, so we, for some reason, decided they can come over to watch the game.  We will have dinner at 4.

At some point, I need to get to JCPennys to return a sweater.  The cc payment is due the 23rd, so I need to return the sweater before then, so I can pay off the bill minus the sweater amount.  I also need to get my nephew a pair of pants for his Christmas gift, exchange a box of diapers for the next size up and get the family's gift cards.

I did just finish H's stocking stuffers and going overboard on them to boot!  I didn't get DD stocking stuffers, so I will just stuff a few packets of mum-mums, puffs, and lil crunchies (cheddar flavor!) in and call it good.  She won't know the difference!

Banana - I love Chiquita's toothless grin!

• Options
    kvruns said:
    Anyone ever have Joella's hot chicken? The restaurant opened near my work but this is my first time having it. Their garlic parmesan fries OMG. Heart attack on a plate but yummmmy

edit: ok right after I posted I tried to plow through the rest (the portion you get with a meal is enough for 2 people but I know they won't re-heat). I now feel ill. The bottom of the pack was caked in the garlic oil and parmesan cheese and I feel sick now. 
    Oh no on feeling icky!  :(

I've eaten there and it was really good.  DH and I went there for a day-date lunch.  
  • Options
    Hey guys!  I've been busy AF today with work stuff.  I'm so ready for the weekend. 

Going to work yesterday was a huge ego boost.  Please note, I've been with my company for 17 years...and we have a high retention rate, so some of these people have known me since I was in my early 20's (or late teens...OMG).  

So I walk in and run into a long time co-worker and after we exchanged excited 'hellos', he says, "OMG girl, you do not age!" 

This was followed up by at least 5 people asking me if I was losing weight (which I've dropped 20-25 lbs this year).  

Another note on yesterday; on Tues., poor DefConn choked during dinner and DH had to do the Heimlich.  It was awful and scary.  I noticed on Weds that he had some blood vessels that had popped around his eyes.  Yesterday, I'm brushing his teeth and I notice the whites of his eyes have blood in them.  I panicked for a second and then googled.  It was related to his choking.  Poor guy.  He says it doesn't hurt, so that's good. 

But he went to the nurse yesterday (I think he really likes her) and she called.  So I'm at the office explaining what happened and she agreed it was related to that not pink-eye or anything.  My co-worker next to me was like, "Oh EM GEE!" as I was on the phone.  It didn't bother me or anything, but it was a reminder of how much privacy I do have working from home, ha.  

I got to see almost everyone that I was hoping to see.  It's always a double-edge sword because I love my office and co-workers, but I definitely love not having to get up and go somewhere every day.  :) 
  • Options
    Happy Friday y'all. I just finished wrapping presents (except one for DS2 that H needs to buy). I went to a lunch birthday party for a friend today. It was at a local tea place and was a lot of fun. Tomorrow I'm going to a baby shower for a friend's daughter-in-law and to a neighbor's Christmas party tomorrow night. Sunday will be church and hopefully chilling out. I can't believe Christmas is a week from Sunday!
  • Options
    I just got to the episode with Jane Lynch @lyndusvi! So many great guest stars. 
  • Options
    OMG is right @mrsconn23, that's terrifying. Thank god hes okay!
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 yikes that's scary!! Luckily your H knew what to do! Glad DefConn is okay!
  • Options
    @kaos16 No, that is Axel Andrews.  For those that watch RuPaul Drag Race, he is Roxxxy Andrew's drag kid.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @kaos16 No, that is Axel Andrews.  For those that watch RuPaul Drag Race, he is Roxxxy Andrew's drag kid.
    I'm not seeing the family resemblance - hes' not as thick and juicy. 
  • Options
    :D  It's the makeup mostly where I see it, but drag family usually just means the person who helped you out and up when you first started drag.  The Andrew's family is a big one and is pretty hard to get into.  Apparently Axel comes to Little Rock to perform quite a bit, so we're trying to go see him then.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT - I know re: drag family being the people who help you get started/mentor you. Just joking because of the RPDR makeover challenge and the "strong family resemblance."  
  • Options
    Ah, okay I wasn't sure. 

I hold so much against Roxxxy.  That All Stars season was turrible.

I'm not really looking forward to much on Season 3.  I'm glad to see Milk and Ben dela Creme back (not sure if I did my spacings right), but that's really about it.  And if Ru doesn't let Milk be Milk, I might have to finally be done with the show.

Though there is continued rumor about having all of the season winners compete and I'd watch the hell out of that.  I'd be hard pressed to choose (no I wouldn't it's Sasha, the answer is always Sasha).
  • Options
    I don't think Roxxxy ever should have made it as far as she did - in Season 5 or All Stars 2. I'm not really that excited about All Stars 3. All Stars 2 had a great cast - I agree with you re: MIlk and DeLa. The only other person I'm interested in seeing again is ChiChi - she grew a lot on her season, and generally did well on a wide range of challenges. 
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2017
    Ooo, I forgot ChiChi was on too.  I do like her, despite the breast plate (I loathe those things).

I did get to meet Roxxxy, she was the headliner at a Pride my partner was booked at.  She was mostly sweet and a handful as well.  We did find out later that her grandmother had unexpectedly passed away that weekend, but....well, some of her behaviors towards her dressers were just shitty, no matter the circumstances.