Wedding Woes

Thursday

what’s up?  We had dh’s christmas party last night. They had it at one of those arcade places with the bowling and pin ball. Good food and free beer. 

This is morning I completely forgot 6let had an orthodontist appointment. Good thing he’s responsible. Now small group, two conference calls, two class parties, AND THEN. I can call it a day. Well until dinner. 

Family gossip:  Tuesday bil told Dh his wife wants a $5,000 bull mastiff. She says “it’s only $190 a month!”  He tells Dh it would lead them to a divorce. Guess who posted picture of a brand new bull mastiff?  They alread have two German shepherds at home (pure bred of course).

Re: Thursday

• 6fsn said:
    what’s up?  We had dh’s christmas party last night. They had it at one of those arcade places with the bowling and pin ball. Good food and free beer. 

This is morning I completely forgot 6let had an orthodontist appointment. Good thing he’s responsible. Now small group, two conference calls, two class parties, AND THEN. I can call it a day. Well until dinner. 

Family gossip:  Tuesday bil told Dh his wife wants a $5,000 bull mastiff. She says “it’s only $190 a month!”  He tells Dh it would lead them to a divorce. Guess who posted picture of a brand new bull mastiff?  They alread have two German shepherds at home (pure bred of course).
    How big is their house?! That's a lot of large dogs. 

Still drama about Christmas with my mother so I'm ignoring her texts about "well just come whenever you can". No we planned specific times, you agreed to them, that's what we're doing. 

I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit, I gave my supervisor a present she absolutely loved, and I'm listening to Classical Christmas Radio on Pandora. I also have a Snoopy sweater on. That's all the holly jolly I've got, but it's a start. 
  • Yesterday wasn’t a great day for me but I ended with talking to a friend who is going through actual hard times. It really put things in perspective for me and made me thankful for all we do have.

I made quite a bit of progress putting away our camping supplies and such today. Hopefully, we can get through the final push of unloading boxes this weekend but I am 90% sure we will need to acquire an extra wardrobe somehow. 
  • I'm here.  Just gotta make it through tomorrow.  So tired.  This week has been a long one.  

Prudie is coming up soon.  ;) 
  • You can do it MrsConn! I believe in you!
  • Today is my Friday and it's Prudie day - so that's a double win!

I pushed myself to yoga last night and I'm glad I did.  It was a refreshing class and I really needed it.  I'm going to try and hit one up tomorrow morning at my studio.  I have 5 classes to try and use up before the 30th, not sure that is happening!  But I'm going to try!

DD is sounding better with the cough medicine already.  So I will consider it a win!  She did wake up coughing at 3:30, but the medicine would have worn off by then.  I debated about getting up and giving her another dose, but she settled back down.  She did wake me up again at 5:45, so I got up and changed her and gave her a bottle.  I put her back down for what I thought would be an hour until H alarm goes off.  I totally forgot he is staying home today - so I got an extra 2 hours until the alarm for me went off! 

Tonight we are probably going to make some cookies.  I have to do the dishes, H has so many other things he wants to do around the house, I told him to not even worry about them.

I'm off tomorrow, but will be doing all sorts of work around the house to prep for Saturday's big dinner.  I will pick up DD from daycare at some point and will take her to go see Santa.  They had a Santa come to daycare and they got a picture, she didn't cry at least!  So I'm hoping I can get a big smile out of her when we go tomorrow.

• @6fsn, that's crazy. Did he give in - or did she just get one?
    @missjeanlouise, yeah I get those moments too. When I'm having a 1st world problem, and my friend tells me something and I take a step back and go whoa. yeah.  I am very thankful.

Tonight is baking/wrapping gift for my P's/gift exchange with the Hubs and just celebrating winter solstice.  Probably go out to eat because it's a special day for me.  I did get two of my gifts already from H, a facial and a mani/pedi.  He really knows me!  I don't really do massages (had one.  Didn't care for it) but you can massage my face all day long!

Tomorrow is clean up and more baking.  thankfully my house is pretty clean because I had people over last Saturday.  Oh yeah, I only clean when people are coming over.  So if no one comes over in 2 months you can guess at how wonderful it is in there.

• @mrsconn23 Good lord! They're all beautiful dogs but they're all high maintenance {M grew up with German Sheps and wants one at some point - we're looking about 4yrs down the road at this point} 
    Like @charlotte989875 asked, is they're house big? A neighbour of my mum's had 1 huskie and 2 other dogs {Sheps I believe} and didn't have enough space so he had to extend the dog area into his yard.

@charlotte989875 jeez Christmas drama with families :\ All hail snoopy fyi {red baron!}

So M's tire may have a leak ... he's gonna refill it today and see what happens. If we have to replace it, we're gonna do another tire as well because one of the rims is dented, which causes vibration when you hit highway speeds. We were just gonna accept it and replace when tires needed to be all replaced but if we have to do one figured might as well.
    Dreading spring because we have to replace all our summers *sigh*
    One thing at a time. First windshield .... lol
  • 6 - How is the dog only $190 a month?  Is that because SIL is financing the dog???  Also, is she not including all of the food a freaking BULL MASTIFF will eat with that cost?
  • I just saw that chase freedom 5% cash back promo is for gas stations, internet and cable companies, chase pay, android pay, apple pay and samsung pay.

soooooo gas stations it is for me!

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017

@6fsn, that sounds like an extra fun Christmas party!  Oh, it is snarky time for me now.  So, I can only assume that the college funds for your BIL's and his wife's kids are fully funded, right?  And their retirement funds are complete and on track for their current ages?  Because, if either one of those questions is "no", wtf are they doing buying a $5K pet.  That's a huge frivolity.

Before they bought the dog, did they check it out with their home insurance carrier?  That is a prohibited breed on most policies.  They could be facing one of these consequences 1) coverage being cancelled  2) coverage changed to no liability for any dogs 3) big premium increase.

Speaking of, this is pretty funny.  When I applied for my current homeowner's insurance policy, I disclosed that I have a dog and filled out all the questions they had, for when a person has a dog.  Last I checked, a Boston Terrier mixed breed is on NOBODY'S prohibited list, lol.

I think the carrier swings by my house once a year or so.  About a year later, I got an e-mail from my agent that the insurance company saw a dog in the yard during one of their drive-bys and I needed to provide a pic of the dog and reply back with answers to questions she had listed.  Oh, you mean the same s**t that is on my original application.  Sure, whatever.  I complied and never heard anything else about it.

Until the next year.  When I got a letter from my carrier about "changes to my policy".  The only change?  No more liability for dogs, lol.  Let me show you all a pic of the "ferocious monster" I guess they were worried about.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New Christmas record on fb :| I've been tagged in this meme 4 separate times .... are my friends trying to tell me something? LMFAO

Can't I hate people AND Christmas lol
  • Good lord pregnancy brain this week is bad!!

I'm getting a prenatal massage on Saturday, and I called because I couldn't remember the time. 2 seconds after I'm off the phone, I forgot the time.
    Luckily they send confirmation emails. Omg.

Then today, I asked my boss if I needed to print X file. 2 seconds later I'm like "wait .... what did she say :| "

Then trying to change files, I punch in the number. It's not changing.
    Fight for a good solid 2 mins and even restart system!

Then I realize I'm putting in the file number I'm already in, and not the one I needed to change to ....
  • All I know about the dog is that they will be financing.  No house is big enough for that many dogs.  It's one reason I don't like going there.  Of course there is no college fund- the oldest has baby 2 on the way and thinks he's overworked (3/12s a week); the middle takes one class; the youngest is a junior and has zero clue what she's doing after high school.  I'm guessing there is no retirement.  SIL had the accident earlier this year and is suing.  I think she's looking for a windfall.  She's already saying she can't do her full job any more- nurse.

@misskittydanger- pregnancy brain is legit.  Your brain retains fluid and compresses your brain.  This is the one thing my husband took from the pregnancy books.  He also shared it with my boss.  I was not happy that day.

• @misskittydanger, what if I do all that without pregnancy brain?!?  'cus I do....

• I have nooooooooooooooo motivation at work.  My main boss did pull me into his office and say that he was sorry he couldn't do more for a bonus for me, but the office has strict rules about it..which doesn't surprise me at all.  This office has so many pro-employee and then anti-employee policies that it's bizarre.

I asked for a significant raise that I do not think I will get.  I suppose that means I have to see where I stand after that.

I am so ready for this weekend.
  • @6fsn It only happens when someone says something and I'm suppose to do something right after {like print, or write the time down} but I would be pissed too lol

@CharmedPam I usually have a very good memory, so this drives me nuts. Like acne in pregnancy. I have good skin, this is not okay lmfao
  • @levioosa aww that's so sweet!!!
  • edited December 2017
    Baby nursery ideas:

We're doing gender neutral theme {even though we'll know gender} and it'll be sun and moon idea.

These aren't 100%, but above crib I'm thinking these ideas.

Decal:
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/218067061/wall-decal-vinyl-sticker-sun-and-moon?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sun and moon decor&ref=sc_gallery_1&plkey=a44d94790c1612fb3d4ef32d083d3963500e7fcd:218067061

OR

actual thing:
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/246067568/10-x-10-wrought-iron-sun-and-moon?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sun and moon decor&ref=sr_gallery_14

Walls will be a soft grey, and likely putting some stars on the walls as well. Later we may add to it, depending on what kid ends up liking {space ships? aliens? who knows!}

side note: guy my mum is kindasorta seeing could possibly make the actual one if that's what gets decided
  • OMG @levioosa!  What a snuggly puppers!!  <3
  • @levioosa It's not just the dogs themselves.  It's the HAIR EVERYWHERE. They lock the shepherds in the backyard.  The dogs spend the whole time barking and scratching and SIL spends the whole time yelling at them. 
  • 6fsn said:
    @levioosa It's not just the dogs themselves.  It's the HAIR EVERYWHERE. They lock the shepherds in the backyard.  The dogs spend the whole time barking and scratching and SIL spends the whole time yelling at them. 
    Ugh. That’s not fair to the pups. Although shedding is the worst. Our old family dog used to shed enough to make whole other dog. Tumbleweeds of fur were always around the courtyard no matter how much we swept. 

• 6fsn said:
    @levioosa It's not just the dogs themselves.  It's the HAIR EVERYWHERE. They lock the shepherds in the backyard.  The dogs spend the whole time barking and scratching and SIL spends the whole time yelling at them. 
    Ack! They should not have dogs if they're gonna lock them up! :'(

We have hair everywhere from cats {Penny sheds. Angel encourages his shedding by pulling out fur.}
    I vacuum at least twice a week {one time is upstairs, next is downstairs} and depending on season, I do it more.
  • @levioosa, I was just telling my H the other day that, if reincarnation exists, I want to come back as a beloved family dog.  Let's review:

• Sleep in and take naps
    • Lie around all day
    • Hand fed treats
    • Pets and belly rubs all the time

That's the life!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, I knew fuckery was afoot. I called HR directly. My manager never sent the email over. In addition, HR told me, “you don’t just ask and switch over to per diem. That’s not how it works. You have to apply as an external candidate. The manager knows. We’ve been over this many times with her.”  I am pissed. I’ve now wasted over a month where I could have been looking for other jobs. I have an interview on Tuesday where I need to give a fully available schedule to my preceptor. Wtf. 

• @MissKittyDanger I really love the vinyl decal and it'd be my first pick, but I have heard rumors those are hard to get off the wall.  That would be my only hesitation.    Both are gorgeous.
  • levioosa said:
    Well, I knew fuckery was afoot. I called HR directly. My manager never sent the email over. In addition, HR told me, “you don’t just ask and switch over to per diem. That’s not how it works. You have to apply as an external candidate. The manager knows. We’ve been over this many times with her.”  I am pissed. I’ve now wasted over a month where I could have been looking for other jobs. I have an interview on Tuesday where I need to give a fully available schedule to my preceptor. Wtf. 

Wow!  That is really messed up!!!  I'm sorry to hear it.  Not to mention, it's hard to work under somebody who lies and misleads.  How can anything they say be trusted.

I have been curious.  Why is "per diem" better?  I'm not familiar with that term in a "type of employment" context.  I've only seen it in relation to travel expenses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT I've heard mixed about the vinyl decals. We are likely doing silver metallic star decals {not a whole crap ton but enough - maybe where sun shines in?}
    Right!? Both are gorgeous. I may depend on if my mum's 'friend' can make the metal one and pricing to see what we'll do ... I showed M and he's 'idc' on either :')
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    @VarunaTT I've heard mixed about the vinyl decals. We are likely doing silver metallic star decals {not a whole crap ton but enough - maybe where sun shines in?}
    Right!? Both are gorgeous. I may depend on if my mum's 'friend' can make the metal one and pricing to see what we'll do ... I showed M and he's 'idc' on either :')

I'd also be concerned about anything that sticks directly on the wall.  But, other than knowing wallpaper is a nightmare, I haven't heard anything about vinyl decals specifically.

Something I want to throw out if you all are thinking of a metal look, you can buy plastic backsplash tiles that are shiny and look just like metal.  We did that in one of the kitchens we redid.  Alas, I only have one pic handy and it is a bit blurry and tiny, but I attached it.  It looks soooo real.  You have to touch it to tell it isn't metal.

About a year after installing it, we were showing it to prospective tenants and my H told them it was a copper backsplash.  I quickly stepped in and corrected that it just looks like copper.  Didn't want to be accused of false advertising, lol.  My H looked at me puzzled and asked, "Are you sure it isn't copper? I could have sworn it was."  He was the one who installed it!!! lmao.  He certainly knew when he installed it, it was just plastic.  But had forgotten in the meantime and thought it was real metal.  Oh honey (my H), I assure you we did not spend $1,000+ on a real copper backsplash for a rental kitchen, lol.

Edited to add:  the plus is they can be cut into whatever shapes one would want.  The con is they are hard enough you need some type of tool or a decent paper cutter to cut them.  Even heavy duty scissors won't do it.

I also included a link from Amazon to one that is a plain silver:

https://www.amazon.com/Aspect-Backsplash-Brushed-Stainless-Bathrooms/dp/B00GRAEVPW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1513888382&sr=8-3&keywords=metal+backsplash

Wedding Countdown Ticker