Wedding Woes

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• edited December 2017

I'd also be concerned about anything that sticks directly on the wall.  But, other than knowing wallpaper is a nightmare, I haven't heard anything about vinyl decals specifically.

Something I want to throw out if you all are thinking of a metal look, you can buy plastic backsplash tiles that are shiny and look just like metal.  We did that in one of the kitchens we redid.  Alas, I only have one pic handy and it is a bit blurry and tiny, but I attached it.  It looks soooo real.  You have to touch it to tell it isn't metal.

About a year after installing it, we were showing it to prospective tenants and my H told them it was a copper backsplash.  I quickly stepped in and corrected that it just looks like copper.  Didn't want to be accused of false advertising, lol.  My H looked at me puzzled and asked, "Are you sure it isn't copper? I could have sworn it was."  He was the one who installed it!!! lmao.  He certainly knew when he installed it, it was just plastic.  But had forgotten in the meantime and thought it was real metal.  Oh honey (my H), I assure you we did not spend $1,000+ on a real copper backsplash for a rental kitchen, lol.

Edited to add:  the plus is they can be cut into whatever shapes one would want.  The con is they are hard enough you need some type of tool or a decent paper cutter to cut them.  Even heavy duty scissors won't do it.

I also included a link from Amazon to one that is a plain silver:

https://www.amazon.com/Aspect-Backsplash-Brushed-Stainless-Bathrooms/dp/B00GRAEVPW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1513888382&sr=8-3&keywords=metal+backsplash

Wallpaper is annoying af!
    Fun wallpaper story!
    So when my parents moved into the place my mum's at now, there was wallpaper EVERYWHERE.
    Okay, whatever. Occupied by older people so whatever.
    They started the process of taking it down. THE HALLWAY HAD 3 DAMN LAYERS!
    My room they didn't even do the "stop-cut-continue" .... they just continued.
    Entire place was a fucking disaster and some walls ended up being in rough shape afterwards.

Side note: i like that silver .... that might be nice ... somewhere. Idk where yet but I like it lmao
  • @short+sassy Per Diem in my field can be preferable for a number of reasons. Many people hold more than one nursing job, so they get per diem jobs for the flexibility and higher pay. Or if you just want to stay in the work force, it’s a good way to have a lot of free time and flexibility. At my job, per diem means working six shifts in six weeks, with a $12 increase in pay from benefitted full time employees. The downside is you don’t get health insurance, 401K, etc. 

I have to go per diem because I’ll be commuting pretty far for clinicals 2-5 days per week. Plus I go to school 1 day/week, and then I have to find time to study. I know some people do full time, but I don’t even like floor nursing. I’d rather dedicate my time to my actual future career. And I think I’ll lose it if I work and do school 7 Days a week. I need to either just do one day per week or load my days to do three days in a row every three weeks. 

• Wallpaper is annoying af!
    Fun wallpaper story!
    So when my parents moved into the place my mum's at now, there was wallpaper EVERYWHERE.
    Okay, whatever. Occupied by older people so whatever.
    They started the process of taking it down. THE HALLWAY HAD 3 DAMN LAYERS!
    My room they didn't even do the "stop-cut-continue" .... they just continued.
    Entire place was a fucking disaster and some walls ended up being in rough shape afterwards.

Side note: i like that silver .... that might be nice ... somewhere. Idk where yet but I like it lmao

I have never bought a house with wallpaper, but I've heard the nightmare stories.

When shopping for a new property, these are the three items that are almost always a deal breaker for me:

• Too much wallpaper
    • Too much wood paneling
    • Rooms painted a dark color, especially in a red tone.
    Any of that is extremely time consuming to remedy.  Time consuming=insanely expensive.  Not just the labor cost, but also some loss of profit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had some dental work done today - yay getting it in under this year's insurance. Boo unexpectedly squeezing it into a busy schedule today. Got the house cleaned and my nails done. So now I'm ready for the holidays!  H and I went to a Mexican restaurant tonight for dinner. It was awesome - freshly prepared seasonal food. Blood orange margaritas are the seasonal speciality. I might have had three. I think we will take DD and SIL there next week when they are visiting. DS2 arrives home tomorrow. Let the festivities begin.
  • On top of needing his food cut for him, having seizures, and taking away some of his his mental functions, apparently my dad now needs help going to the bathroom. My mom has been getting up with him in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep because she's so upset. And none of the latest meds will work for him because he's been diagnosed for over 18 years. MS fucking sucks. It's taking my dad away from me so much more rapidly lately. 
  • @sparklepants41 I’m so so sorry. MS sucks. *hugs*

• I'm so sorry @sparklepants41. Hugs for you and your mom.
  • Hugs for you @sparklepants41. That really sucks. 
  • @*Barbie* love those photos <3 really shows that any dog can be a sweet dog :)

@sparklepants41 *hugs* <3
  • Thanks everyone. In my head I know that he's going to get worse because that's the nature of this shitty disease. But knowing it and actually seeing it happen are very different. 
  • I am so sorry @sparklepants41.   ::hugs:: 
  • i'm really sorry @sparklepants41, thats awful.
  • @MissKittyDanger they are very sweet. Wolverine and Sif are cuddled on the couch right now watching Teen Titans.