Wedding Woes

90 Day Fiancé *spoiler alert*

2»

Re: 90 Day Fiancé *spoiler alert*

• kvruns said:
    Speaking of all the creepiness and arrest records, I really wish they didn't air this show in other countries, lol.  They're really not picking the "best and the brightest" for U.S. citizen representation.  To put it mildly!     
    If it makes you feel any better, we don’t get it here; much to my dismay. But we do have Fox News so not much better, lol.

eta: please keep updating because I am ‘watching’ vicariously through y’all.
     And Re: to people staying because they think so-n-so is a rich American. I BLOWS MY MIND what some people think about America. The propaganda machine is working full steam over seas. You can actually see their minds break when you explain to them the reality of health care, education, women’s mortality rate during childbirth, voting laws, tax laws, etc. It is crazy. 
    At least with Annie she has to know David isn't a rich American. She knows he is borrowing money left and right from Chris yet she still went through with it. 

I don't think she knew the extent of his borrowing (beyond Chris co-sponsoring) until they came to America. I also meant "rich" as a relative term - compared to her family, he does seem rich.
  • @missjeanlouise oh no I totally agree with you!! You are definitely correct about it and I bet it is interesting living somewhere where you see that unrealistic view of America. I just mean that as it went on Annie knows that he doesn't have money, yet for some reason still has the "rich American" idea in her head about him which just makes no sense. It is like the idea is cemented in everyone's brain even if they learn something different they still hold onto it 
  • *Barbie* said:
    kvruns said:

At least with Annie she has to know David isn't a rich American. She knows he is borrowing money left and right from Chris yet she still went through with it. 

I don't think she knew the extent of his borrowing (beyond Chris co-sponsoring) until they came to America. I also meant "rich" as a relative term - compared to her family, he does seem rich.
    Very true, and I think the "rich compared to her family" is the kicker and that is what she is holding onto.  

I think my comment may have come across wrong as I agree with both of you, I feel like so many of the others in this show hold the same rich American thoughts and maybe don't find out until they get there but I felt like Annie knew before she left Thailand. 
  • edited December 2017
    kvruns said:
    *Barbie* said:
    kvruns said:

Very true, and I think the "rich compared to her family" is the kicker and that is what she is holding onto.  

I think my comment may have come across wrong as I agree with both of you, I feel like so many of the others in this show hold the same rich American thoughts and maybe don't find out until they get there but I felt like Annie knew before she left Thailand. 
    Maybe she did but it really is ingrained into foreign cultures that Americans are rich. At least conpared to what they have, which eggs on the materialistic, consumerism of “the American Dream”. It is really a deep seated belief of Step 1: get to America Step 2: ??? Step 3: $$$. So many people have no idea how good they have it at home because it has always been drilled into their minds that it isn’t as good as America. They have no idea what the realities are.

eta: like maybe there aren’t a lot of cars where they are from so they see that as being less than, despite the fact the they have a self sufficient local economy with everything within walking distance. 
  • Maybe she did but it really is ingrained into foreign cultures that Americans are rich. At least conpared to what they have, which eggs on the materialistic, consumerism of “the American Dream”. It is really a deep seated belief of Step 1: get to America Step 2: ??? Step 3: $$$. So many people have no idea how good they have it at home because it has always been drilled into their minds that it isn’t as good as America. They have no idea what the realities are.

eta: like maybe there aren’t a lot of cars where they are from so they see that as being less than, despite the fact the they have a self sufficient local economy with everything within walking distance. 

Random tangent.  I just had a flashback to an old South Park episode with the Underpants Gnomes.

Tweek is upset because Gnomes keep coming into his room in the middle of the night and steal his underpants.  But nobody believes him.  So he invites the guys over for a sleepover and they see them also.  They confront the Gnomes and ask why they are stealing Tweek's underpants.  The Gnomes say it's for profit.  The kids ask how.  The Gnomes reply:

Step 1:  Steal underpants

Step 2:  (They just look at each other blankly and shrug)

Step 3:  Profit!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • makes sense MJL!
  • @kvruns - "POOOOOOOOLLLLEEEEE"  #ded I thought I was the only one noticed that.  Ha!

• ....nooooooooooo Annie!!! RUN!
  • Sooooo looking forward to the Tell-All tonight!  Plus I think we see a couple more weddings.

David and Annie -- I was rooting so hard for her to finally peace out.  I was really expecting it...I mean, cheating on his previous wife with prostitutes!  And then she caved.  To mirror @*Barbie*...no, Annie, no!  GTFO.  Though, I do have to say, she found a gorgeous dress for only $300.

Nicole and Azan -- not much else.  But, when Nicole's mother asked how she was going to support everyone on minimum wage, a huge side-eye to her response of, "I can't think about that right now!"

Molly and Luis -- I'm so glad Molly broke it off.  It just wasn't the right relationship for either one.  I felt bad for her, though.  And then the shocker!  They were already married and no one knew...not even the show (supposedly).

Elizabeth and Andrei -- not much to say about them either.  He just had some boring make "nice-nice" dinner with sister Jen.  Looks like we see this wedding tonight.

Evelyn and David -- Did anyone else feel confused?  Like the show forgot to show their wedding, lol?  Maybe the couple didn't allow it (what a let down)?  Maybe it will be on tonight?  I just found it weird.  That there was all this ado, leading up to the ceremony.  Everyone's getting ready.  And then...nothing.

Josh and Aika -- I really liked Josh's mother.  She welcomed Aika with open arms and even helped her with her wedding dress.  Though I found it hilarious that both his mom and stepdad seemed a lot more concerned about Aika's well being in the marriage, than their son's!  As in, they already know he is going to be the challenge for the relationship.  Not a good sign for Aika.  You know.  On top of his domestic violence charge and having no relationship with his kids.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting caught up (I am about a month behind) and I just watched Molly's daughter say (in front of a nail salon employee who appears to be an immigrant herself), "It's not fair.  Someone from another country gets to come in and take my mom away."  Jeebus - it just comes across so racist and it makes me feel really gross.

• And now I just got to the episode where Nicole repeatedly pushed Azan because he wasn't talking to her.  I actually feel bad for him because that ish is crazy.

• Ro041 said:
    And now I just got to the episode where Nicole repeatedly pushed Azan because he wasn't talking to her.  I actually feel bad for him because that ish is crazy.

True, but he really lets loose on the emotional abuse.

I don't think either one of them are bad people necessarily, but they are bad together.  They both need to cut bait and run.

They are also both young and immature.  Not that all young people are immature, but it does take some a little longer to "fully cook".  These two definitely need a few more hours in the oven, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy - very true.  I didn't consider the emotional abuse aspect.  They are just very toxic together.  

• I’m al caught up now - anyone else? I didn’t want to comment on the Tell All if others hadn’t watched 
  • I just finished!!  It was sooo good.

• I thought the tell-all was pretty lame. They need a new host who will say what people are thinking. e.g. someone who would have pressured Nicole about sending money to Azan - and then called out Nicole's mother for giving her money while she's sending her money to Azan. Just no. Lady, you're enabling this shit. If you're really worried about your grankid's well being, you don't enable the mother's shitty behavior. 
  • The Nicole part was just strange although I laughed at the Mom pressuring the host to ask. But you are correct that her parents enable her bc there’s no way she can afford to take care of her and May on a part time barista paycheck. 
  • *Barbie* said:
    I thought the tell-all was pretty lame. They need a new host who will say what people are thinking. e.g. someone who would have pressured Nicole about sending money to Azan - and then called out Nicole's mother for giving her money while she's sending her money to Azan. Just no. Lady, you're enabling this shit. If you're really worried about your grankid's well being, you don't enable the mother's shitty behavior. 
    I completely agree with this @*Barbie*. I was so disappointed that some of the key issues were never really addressed. Usually tell-alls last weeks for pretty much any show. Did anyone else notice that this one seemed cut short? I didn't get a whole lot of resolution from any of the couples.

• what's up with the "our story" thing for all of the couples? At first I thought it was just a special one for Nicole and Azan since they are crazy but now it seems like there is one for each couple. Not sure I care for a 2-3 hour recap of each couple.
  • kvruns said:
    what's up with the "our story" thing for all of the couples? At first I thought it was just a special one for Nicole and Azan since they are crazy but now it seems like there is one for each couple. Not sure I care for a 2-3 hour recap of each couple.

My DVR automatically taped them.  I was hoping they'd at least have some additional info!  But, from reading the show description, it did not sound like that would be the case.  I've just deleted them without watching them, since I've seen all the 90-Day episodes for this season.

I think that was a "fail" on 90 Days part.  You know there has to over 20x the footage that was already aired.  I'm sure there would have been a lot more interest...I know there would have been from me!...if the "recap" shows included "never before seen" footage. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea that's what I thought it would be so I watched the Nicole and Azan one and was disappointed. I did watch Josh/Aika yesterday but only because I didn't remember their story at the beginning and basically stopped watching the recap once it got to the modeling audition.