Wedding Woes

Lonely Tuesday

Anyone around?

I am.  Our company gave us Friday and Monday off.  I have 2 doctor appointments today so came in early, expecting to have something in my inbox to keep my busy that I was expecting Thursday.  Nope.  Nada.  

Hopefully everyone's Christmas was good? My parents came into town.  We opened gifts Sunday because H worked all day yesterday (up till 4 a.m. today actually) and then visited my nephew and SIL/brother yesterday.

One of my friends got engaged yesterday too! So excited for her.  Now, I have 4 wedding to attend in 2018 (she said it would be a 2018 wedding).  I was a person who went to one wedding every 4 years to now 4 in one year!

Re: Lonely Tuesday

• I’m here, in the car on my way to Chicago with my parents to visit my aunts and cousins. 
  • Enjoy your time in Chicago! It's c-c-c-cold!

• mrsconn23 said:
    I’m here, in the car on my way to Chicago with my parents to visit my aunts and cousins. 

Oops....sorry.  We're a tad cold here at the moment.  However, on the plus side, the sun is shining and it's dry.  Clear roads and smooth sailing for you!  If you want something warm-ish and fun to do, check out the Chicago Botanical.....gorgeous!
  • It’s Boxing Day so it’s a holiday for me! I’m also taking tomorrow off to catch up with friends. 

Christmas was less stressful this year because we said “fuck it” to all the trappings and worrying about what other parts of the family did. 
  • I'm here too!

Happy Boxing Day to our Canadian Knotties!

The weekend flew by, but I was successful in all 3 holiday meals!  I was feeling a bit behind on Saturday with our biggest night of 7 Fishes.  But I was able to collect myself and pull through!  Dinner was even ready by 6, which was my goal!

Christmas Eve was low key and relaxing most of the day.  The Bishop was saying mass at our church, for our usual Christmas Eve mass, so we skipped this year and went on Christmas morning.  Dinner on Christmas Eve with the ILs was just Cavatellis and meatballs, so very easy.  And dessert was leftovers from Saturday!

Sunday we got up early for Church.  We actually had to wake DD!  We got there early for no reason, since it was just us and a bunch of old people at the 8 AM mass!  Plenty of room, unlike our usual 4 PM Christmas Eve mass!  Eventually DD became a crank and we had to jet off to the children's room.  We left our offering in the pew, hopefully someone found it and put it in a basket for us!

Once home, DD got her cereal and then off to bed.  She slept for almost 3 hours!  Her schedule is very out of whack from the weekend.  We finally opened presents around 1! 

H & I took a well deserved nap when we put DD down again around 3.  My parents and brother came over a little after 5 for round 3 of dinner.  My mom gave me a ham and I just heated up leftovers from Saturday night for the remainder of dinner.  I did go out to brave a bakery for fresh rolls earlier in the day to go with dinner.  Dessert was again leftovers!  This is the first time we had hardly any cake/desserts leftover from the 7 Fishes!

Santa was good to us and I hope he was good to you too!

I'm alone in my back corner of the office today.  So even though I am at work, today is my true vacation/relaxation day after this weekend!

• I’m here, too. There are maybe 5 people in the office today. I’m actually catching up on grading from my other job that’s due tonight. 

Christmas was good; H got me a new BlueRay player and all the Harry Potter movies. Christmas Eve was with my family and Christmas Day with H’s. I woke up with a cold yesterday so I feel pretty terrible today. I’m hoping to sneak out early today. Not like anyone will really notice. 
  • Get better soon @charlotte989875, I also developed a cold over the weekend and I don't know why!
    @oliveoilsmom, glad DD remained good for most of mass anyway? The next three days should go by slowly but stress free I think.  Most of our employees are on vacation. 

H got me 2 no chips/pedi's, a facial, diamond earrings and ss earrings.  He's the "earring man" but he knows what I like and really good at picking them out.  Friday I baked ALL day.  Nothing came out looking to good - but from what everyone says, the baking tasted good.  And then my mom brought in her traditionals. I wasn't an angel with the baked goods (I had to taste some!) but hella better than past years.

Happy Boxing Day Canadians :)

• MobKaz said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    I’m here, in the car on my way to Chicago with my parents to visit my aunts and cousins. 

Oops....sorry.  We're a tad cold here at the moment.  However, on the plus side, the sun is shining and it's dry.  Clear roads and smooth sailing for you!  If you want something warm-ish and fun to do, check out the Chicago Botanical.....gorgeous!
    Lol, it was no better in Indy temp wise.  We’re just coming up for the day to visit. I made a last second decision to run up with my parents and DefConn. 
  • I'm around. My work is open but daycare is closed so I'm working from home. My H is playing daddy daycare downstairs and is almost 2 hours in and so far so good (that's the longest he's ever watched him). And yes I say "watched" because I would say the same that I watched him all day. 

I logged in to work at 6am and it is 11:30am and no emails still so I cleaned up my inbox from being off last week and then am just messing around now. i'll be in the office the rest of the week and I know it will be quiet since about 2/3 of the office is out this week. 
  • We're here.  Yesterday we went something along the lines of - Food, presents, Die Hard 1, 2, 3, food, more Die Hard, bed.  Gotta love tv marathons.  Today is back to real life and cleaning the house.  We have boxes and gift wrap everywhere.  Dinner again tonight, and we're going to teach the kids how to play Rummoli and gamble away all of their pennies.  

On another note, a new dog park just opened up and we really want to take Yoda.  It's fenced, with an area for smaller dogs, and they have agility equipment permanently set up.  However, it's -31C and feels like -40C, so no long walks for a while.  He can barely make it to the yard and back for a quick pit stop without freezing his paws.  

Hopefully those of you who are working have a nice easy day ahead.  Fingers crossed it goes quick for you ladies

• I'm here. I'm fighting a cold too that showed up on Christmas Eve. Yuck, I don't ever remember being sick on Christmas. Yesterday was nice. DS1 made orange cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We opened presents and had early dinner/late lunch with a couple of friends. Pretty laid back Christmas Day but very nice. DS1, DIL and DS2 left just a little while ago so it is very quiet around here now. I'm washing sheets and towels and need to do a little cleaning. DD and SIL arrive tomorrow night. I hope this cold is mostly gone by then. H gave me a new iPad. We also got a framed picture from DS1 and DIL's wedding - very nice. It was of our whole family together. 
  • I am here too.  There are 3 people in the office and I am stuck here until 4:30 because I am on call to see anyone if they walk-in without an appointment.  My one appointment from 10am already came and left.  I have a big reasearch memo to get to my boss by tomorrow and I am still procrastinating on getting to done.  

@ILoveBeachMusic - having a cold sucks!  I am sorry.  :( 

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    woohoo, we were just told we're getting shortened workdays for these three days left of the year. I could get out at 2 but I think I may stay till 4:15 anyway to give my H some time to sleep and pick me up at 4:15 as planned. 

I mean, I surf at home or here, is there a difference? 

orange cinnamon rolls sound AMAZING @ILoveBeachMusic

• woohoo, we were just told we're getting shortened workdays for these three days left of the year. I could get out at 2 but I think I may stay till 4:15 anyway to give my H some time to sleep and pick me up at 4:15 as planned. 

I mean, I surf at home or here, is there a difference? 

orange cinnamon rolls sound AMAZING @ILoveBeachMusic
    Oh they are! He makes them every year he is home for Christmas Day. I think it is an Alton Brown recipe. DIL is lucky to have him since he loves to cook and she doesn't!
  • Anyone around?

I am.  Our company gave us Friday and Monday off.  I have 2 doctor appointments today so came in early, expecting to have something in my inbox to keep my busy that I was expecting Thursday.  Nope.  Nada.  

Hopefully everyone's Christmas was good? My parents came into town.  We opened gifts Sunday because H worked all day yesterday (up till 4 a.m. today actually) and then visited my nephew and SIL/brother yesterday.

One of my friends got engaged yesterday too! So excited for her.  Now, I have 4 wedding to attend in 2018 (she said it would be a 2018 wedding).  I was a person who went to one wedding every 4 years to now 4 in one year!

I always get so excited for Christmas proposals, they seem so romantic and sweet. . . . then the lawyer in me cringes!  One of my lawyer coworkers got engaged this Christmas, come on!
  • kaos16 said:

I always get so excited for Christmas proposals, they seem so romantic and sweet. . . . then the lawyer in me cringes!  One of my lawyer coworkers got engaged this Christmas, come on!
    oh, because of the ring "gifted" if it doesn't pan out?

• kaos16 said:

exactly!

• kaos16 said:
    kaos16 said:

exactly!

I never even knew this could be a problem until it was brought up here on the boards once.  Really makes you think.  I'm the type of person who would give it back.  But I know plenty would pawn.

• kaos16 said:

I saw a comedienne's show on tv.  I still remember her hilarious comment about proposals and the rings they come with:

"...and not for my birthday or Christmas.  Because that's a SEPARATE gift!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker